TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Yeah!! So glad you went to PT and that it is not anything more serious - even though it is a major discomfort and annoyance. I was in recovery forum outer space, unable to see anyone else's threads until just a few minutes ago so was wondering how yesterday was for you. I hope it won't discourage you from the bike - even though you may not be ready for round 2 for a little while. Have a restful weekend and hopefully the ravioli will disappear soon.
 
Wise woman, to get yourself checked out. Now you don't have to wonder, and can focus on resting and plotting how best to resume your exercise sans marinara. Bets are you can resume biking soon, gently, because those bits of scar tissue are done. Once you're swelling has gone down, they won't impede you at all. :yes!:
 
Yay, it seems our communication problem here as been resolved! I think we all suffered from Bonesmart withdrawal last night, eh?

I'm a bit less ouchy today, but not out of the woods entirely. One *ravioli* is still fairly prominent, the other not so much. It's very stubborn and an awkward spot to ice; pffft.

I'm not feeling overly enthusiastic toward exercise biking at the moment, but once the pain disappears (TG it is a small area) I'm sure I'll get back to it. The weather is conspiring toward keeping me indoors today and that's probably a good thing, lol.

And yes, it's good to know I need not be concerned, so thanks to all of you for encouraging me to attend PT yesterday. I really, really wanted to stay home. Pulling the covers over my head just seemed like such a good idea....but it would've been a mistake.
 
Good for you to get it checked out right away. I find that I can tolerate things better if I understand them. I'm glad to find out that there is a "recovery forum outer space," kmak. I could get in yesterday just long enough to leave Pheebs the message, and then I was cast adrift. I thought maybe it was punishment for having told too many stories or giving too much specious "medical" advice. :boohoo::shrug:
 
i'm glad you're slightly less ouchy today pheebs. geez i wish something would tear through my scar tissue/adhesions but without the pain lol! i would have chimed in yesterday but i was also cast adrift like Polkadot and kmak. let us know if you have any more repercussions; hopefully they will be good ones and you will have gained even more r.o.m.
 
Good! So glad you went to PT and had it checked out! Smart girl! Now, take it easy!
Yes, definitely Bonesmart withdrawal! I could not sign in and read your post, but not reply. It was good to know uou were OK!
 
@Liam, while it did hurt a bit to rotate the bike forward, it all happened in an accidental sort of way. I really was stunned when it occurred, lol. The initial ouch was not sufficient to put me off cycling, nor is the ravioli aftermath. Yes, the little raviolis are tender, but really, nothing compared to what we've already been through. So in summary, it was worth it. I excel at taking it easy, and those are my orders for the weekend. I will probably take some short walks and maybe do some mild stretching, but, that's it.

Naturally, I don't feel like aggravating it today but it is better than yesterday.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh, forgot to say the bigger picture here is a more flexible knee despite the soreness. It's not "loose as a goose," by any means, but I do feel an improvement.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh Polkadot, you just made me choke on my tea and it was worth it, lol!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You asked if Liam had used acupuncture on the knee... I tried it last summer/fall for both of my knees - heck, the lady had needles in me all over the place - anyway, I had relief for about 10 min. when I would leave but that was it. The lotion she rubbed on afterwards seemed to do a good job, Pain Terminator was its name lol.
 
The withdrawal almost killed me, but I figured if I could survive TKR with post op fall, I could survive BS withdrawal! @Polkadot ,I too thought I was cast off for some egregious offense, and attempted to use Jedi mind tricks to get back in when I repeatedly checked my phone throughout last night and today!

@Pheebs52 ,to get back on topic lest I be sent to the underworld yet again, glad to hear that you got things checked out! Much better to know than to wonder. Maybe stick to rocking this weekend?? You could stir the sauce simultaneously so you can then fight off the pangs of hunger that follow you from rocker world!:rotfl:
 
Great idea for a meal @knit2dog! Much better down the throat than on the knee, lol.

@Fire wolf, that one took me a minute (tired) but finally, *light dawned on Marblehead.*:heehee: Local joke.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom