TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Right? Yeah it does!!! If it were later in the day, I'd pop a wine cork, lol! But, it WAS hard-won. Lots of heat and massage prior and I doubt I'd be able to duplicate it without those perks beforehand.
 
The back has been a problem for 30 years. The hip became bionic 5 years ago and brought it's own issues. Mr. Glitter says it's not too late for the hip to be brought up to snuff, so....we shall see!
 
haha pheebs52 ~ we will make an exception for supremos :curtsey:. i am not really walking properly down the stairs although i do use alternate feet so that i don't overuse my non-operated knee/leg. i am landing on the ball of my good foot tippy toe very gingerly and hanging onto 2 (yes that's 2) railings for dear life. we are looking to you for inspiration and encouragement so you will remain an honorary member of the club.:froggies:
 
@liam2015, I am also using 2 railings and imagine I will be for....months? Years? Eh, so what? On Saturday, I found it much easier to land flat on the foot if I went down even s-l-o-w-e-r. It's astonishing to think there's actually a speed this slow without being retrograde, but...there is, lol! Like most of this recovery, the stairs are also part of the *scenic route.*
 
Yup! Yesterday I was so stiff and swollen I couldn't do the stairs down -- today feels as good as any day since the surgery - go figure! I still need the railing for sure - even on a good day.
 
Sounds as good as any excuse I can come up with - sunnier today than the storms over the past two days - whatever it was glad it's over for now. I just recommended you start a post-TKR cruise line on another thread since you like to drive the boat :capn:
 
@Pheebs52 102! That's fantastic! It sure sounds like you got a wonderful pt. I have spent the last couple of days thinking about all the things I will be starting over with...stairs, my bike, walking, showers, and on and on. It's encouraging to read about successes right now.

Bonus - I will have more time to devote to Bonesmart, if my foggy brain let's me :heehee:
 
Congrats @Pheebs52. 102, how wonderful is that?? I'm glad you decided to go and see Gary Glitter. I must have missed why Gary is Glitter, you'll have to bring me up to spend, mayhaps because he does your PT just the way you need!

Regarding too early for wine, well it's five o'clock somewhere! Actually here in Tennessee since I'm reading it late it's 830 and wine is in order soon if I can figure out how to get out of this ** jacuzzi tub! This is my second time to soak in the tub. I like to never got out the first time because DH was out mowing when it was time. He is at a sleep study tonight so if I can't figure it out I'll be a prune my morning!:bath::martini:
 
102 while lying on your back is outstanding! I still don't know why they measure you that way. You don't walk on your back!
 
@kmak81230, hmmm, that's not a bad idea on the cruise line. Think charter sized trawler, catamaran or sailing yacht though; just sayin'. :heehee: I learned to operate a boat at the age of 6, so I do have a bit of experience. Imagine doing that in today's world? Mmmm, no, it wouldn't happen, and my grandparents would be in jail, but the world was a very different, no seat-belt kind of place back then.

@sandi4213, yeah, I can see you thinking about that stuff now, but keep in mind, it's just for a very brief period and your brain will be in a "Purple Haze." It will go by quickly, and then the good stuff will commence! For me, 102 IS fantastic! I'm over the moon, lol.

@becticu, Becky, I have a habit of thinking musically for reasons unknown. Gary Glitter was some sort of rocker, probably about our age. I know nothing about his music, but the name seems appropriate for my PT because he's such an optimistic, sunny (glittery?) kind of guy, lol. I also like the alliteration; hahaha!

I sure hope you made that exit from the bathtub safely and are now enjoying a glass of the grape? If not, I hope the water is very warm, lol.

@sistersinhim, right? I certainly haven't walked on my back lately. I do see my Pug, Nemo, doing that sometimes, but he's a bit of an alien in the dog world, lol.
 
Pheebs52 so glad you are doing so well your posts and discussions have been invaluable to me I have learned so much from all you discussions and you have made me smile many times along with Mrs shoes you are 8 weeks ahead of me and doing amazingly I only hope I can. I love hearing about your furbys but not when they trip you I have a Boston terrier and he "knows" he doesn't get in my way at all but follows me he was scared of the Hoover the sweeping brush, steamer etc before I had this done but my walker which is noisy doesn't bother him he just seems to know - I think he has been depressed as he sleeps all day now until someone comes home. I also took your advice and bought a chair it's a massage chair but don't really know much about that it is just so comfortable to sit with leg s up and ice it came last night I was going to sleep on it but sound that if you moved even slightly the back came back upright and as I wriggle all night not good for sleeping on maybe I bought the wrong one but at least I am comfortable in day day. I so look forward to hearing about your recovery and all your news keep up the good work you are an inspiration to everyone on here xxxx
 
Between you and @nensi I'be taken up eating Belgian chocolate and drinking wine. So great to hear of your improvement in bend! It can be frustrating when it comes slowly but you appreciate the progress all the more, I think.

And I too missed why Gary is Glitter, so enjoyed learning how that came about. :smile2:
 
I always wanted to learn to be a sailor. My dad had a small sailboat but I never mastered being captain, just deckhand. Age 6!! Yes, there's lots of thing that wouldn't pass parenting and grandpa renting muster these days - standing on parents lap in the front seat of the car, no seatbelts, with all the adults smoking - that's the one I always remember.

Yes, triple digits happened - and in the most difficult measuring position! It was not a dream - enjoy your increased mobility.
 
@Milosnanna, I'm coming over to your thread soon and we'll have a great time! I adore Boston Terriers....wonder why, lol! Generally speaking, they're very smart dogs, unlike my Puggie, Nemo, who is ...er...a bit dim, shall we say? Yes, he is, but he's very attentive, well-behaved, and loving.

There must've been something in the air last night, 'cuz I scored 9 hours of beauty rest! That's a record, especially with these knees! And, even better, THE KNEE has not been crabby with me when I wake! Nope, not one bit of cranky complaining; huzzah! :dancy: The only thing I feel in the morning is a bit of....I dunno....soreness (?) along the incision when I wake. I'll take it!
 
@SusieShoes, I *think* the wine and chocolate have some benefits to the heart? They certainly do for the spirit! :SUNsmile: In moderation, of course, and naturally, no wine while on Rx pain meds, but once that's over, why not, eh?

To say I really appreciate my very hard won 102 degrees is the understatement of the year; hah! If I could kiss my knee I would, but alas, I am not quite that bendy. Maybe next week?

@Kmak, I really did have to *pinch* myself yesterday! You believe it was real then, not a dream? Ok, if you say so, it must be real.

FWIW, deckhands are in many ways more important than the Captain!:giggle:
 
Re kissing your knee: You could appropriate and adapt the Anthony Scaramucci kiss (see photo). I thought he looked very dashing and elegant doing it--kinda like the queenly wave.

102! I'm still fluffing about with the 90s! Good for you, and good to know that following your stellar example, maybe I'll get off the 90s some day!

Would you please expound on the mechanics of going downstairs backward? I can't find the original discussion on your thread, and I would like to try it. Alas, going foot over foot upward has become quite painful as the swelling goes down and the kneecap is freed up; going foot over foot downward is only a distant hope as of yet.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22
    IMG_1987.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 156
Congrats, Pheebs on your good sleep! Now that the Sleep Fairy has found you, may she continue nightly visits!
I suspect she detoured through our beautiful mtns on her way to you, since I've NOT slept the past 2 nights! :wink:
Enjoy that blessed uninterrupted sleep! :wow:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom