TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

@Pheebs52 That PT sounds great--love his explanations (especially about the teensy difference that 5 degrees makes). Yay! Stay cool. I'll be beating the heat at my 4 week check up today.
 
What a brilliant idea for getting in your walk. Hope the A/C is working today. I'm not taking my morning walk today because it is already 83 degrees outside. I'd be drenched in sweat and have to take a shower and... exercise is all well and good, but I can slack off a day.

I think all PTs who work with TKR patients should witness the surgery. Preferably in the operating room. Mr. Shoes got sick just watching a training video (part of his job).
 
Susie, if I went to the mall, my wallet would be substantially lighter upon leaving, so Home Depot is a great choice, lol. I like to walk the day after PT, just to s-t-r-e-t-c-h everything.

Yes, all PT's should either witness the surgery or perhaps have one; hah!

@gertie, good luck at your 4 week check-up today! I'm sure it will go well.:SUNsmile:
 
Mister Shoes might've gotten sick, but at least he watched it! My Mistah couldn't even look at it, lol.
 
My DH started to watch. I think he fast forwarded it. I wasn't in the room. Two photos of before and after implant with open wound was more than enough for me. TYVM.
I'll ask him later.
 
Poor Mr. Shoes. He came home one day, a few weeks after I told him I was having the surgery but before we met the OS I ended up using. He looked me in the eye and he said, "I'm having second thoughts. I can't stand the thought of you being butchered." He said the tools, the sounds, the blood and bones, and... he got sick. And I'm all "I'm OK with that." I've been in operating rooms and seen surgeries in action. I'd seen a couple videos of TKR myself. I knew what I was in for. My husband, though, was scarred for life.
 
Good morning Pheebs! I like your Home Depot idea! The mall and I would have to shop! I haven't really shopped since March and I am long overdue.

My clothes don't fit right and DH told me this morning to get some new clothes because I looked like an "old lady" in my baggy saggy clothes. I think I can take him up on that.

I loved your OS update. You will have to join the cheerleaders and give up your shirt soon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
He liked Boston, by the way. Wants to go back. One of my sons, who has his company headquarters there, gave him some excellent recommendations. Mike's Pastry gets the family stamp of approval for cannoli. :thumb:
 
Good morning Becky! I'd say you are long overdo for some solid shopping and you even have DH's encouragement, lol. Go for it!

I, on the other hand, have been on a non-stop spending binge from before TKR, hence, my choice of Home Depot for walking. :heehee:

Oh nooo, I will never give up my T-Shirt. It will go to the grave with me; hah!
 
Oh Susie, you just had to mention Mikes and his cannolis.....now I want one for breakfast! I'm so glad MisterShoes enjoyed our fair city and wants to return! It must have seemed very small to him next to Philly, and of course, it is. I think that's part of it's charm.:SUNsmile:
 
Ha ha, I do have to say I have done some online late night shopping when I couldn't sleep. Talbots had a good sale and I ordered 3 summer dresses at almost half off! Where has summer gone? This is the summer of our knees. Our temps are very high 90's all week so scorching hot still.Makes it difficult to want to walk outside when mybpace is a snail's pace... I'm hoping to get released today for the pool!
 
Well Smarties, I'm heading out into the heat for my stroll with power tools and lumber and men in flannel. I think I'll save the shower for my return. Yes, that's a good plan, right?
 
Becky, summer is slipping so quickly thanks (?) to our knees. I really hope you get pool clearance, and me as well, next week! I now know when it comes time for Knee#2, I will plan it so I do not ruin my summer. Summer is very short here and we like to take full advantage, but the knee had other ideas, that's for sure.
 
I got pool clearance at my 6 week checkup and have attended a few morning aquafit classes Swimming itself is a whole different bag of tricks I could stretch and bicycle kick in deep water at aquafit with a bouancy belt but when I took it off I couldn't actually swim The kick to swim was more than my baby knee could handle Good luck in the water It feels so good!
 
I'd love to know what kind of recliner you got, too. There may be a second TKR in my future, and I am now realizing that I wasn't totally prepared for the first one...:heehee:
 
Polkadot, my *twin* (we really do look like sisters, lol) the brand of recliner is Flexsteel. I wanted one that was motorized, had a solid footrest, and a firm but cushy feel for my decaying spine. I also wanted one that went quite far back for sleeping purposes. Additionally, I needed leather for the canines. They just don't mix well with upholstery and they are not trained to stay off furniture. Probably, if you Google Flexsteel, you can see what stores in your area carry the brand.
 
Well, I'm pleased to say I wasn't taken in by the charms of power tools, lumber or paint on my 45 minute stroll through HD. For me, that was the perfect amount of time; no *jello-leg* and I did the whole walk minus the cane. Upon arriving at home, there was just a slight stiffness above the knee, but no big deal. I climbed up my 13 stairs, foot-over-foot with some elan. Ok, not really, but honestly, not the typical Frankenclimb. :snork:

Needless to say, I headed straight for my new chair with the huge icepack ala Amazon (much thanks to @SusieShoes for that) and here I shall remain for the next hour.:ice:
 
@Canada35, were you a regular swimmer prior to TKR? Just curious, 'cuz I was, but I'm not expecting to get right back into that immediately.
 
@Pheebs52 No I wasn't a swimmer! A long way from that! I mostly just paddle around! But I love to snorkel and I imagine swimming with flippers is still a ways off for me! The kick just to swim from the centre of the pool to the edge was difficult for me. Ended up doing some kind of a sidekick in a freakish turned about kind of way but hey I didn't have to call for the lifeguard lol!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom