Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Pheebs, that's where you got your name! He is precious. I could just hug and hug him!

Your doctor sounds like just a jewel. I wish they could all be as reasonable as he is. Mine didn't bug me, either, so I am really blessed. He just had me show him how I could bend and extend. He is more interested in function than numbers.
 
oh my goodness @Pheebs52 ~ i'm glad you're still here. i just remembered i have a black ribbon too...sigh! i have started a long and happy relationship with my Lounge Doctor...so nice and cushy...i love it...i don't want to move.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@VW54 sign me up for the fat thigh club! After my surgery, DH reported that the surgeon said there was something "on the side" that made finishing the surgery take longer than usual. When I asked the OS to clarify, the next day, he said, "It was the SIZE of your thigh, not the side!":rotfl:
 
@Lilli215, it's a special elevation pillow found on their website, at Amazon and on e-bay. It's thee xact right height and shape for TKR's and eliminates the need for always adjusting a typical pillow stack.

@keefsmom, is your OS a scrawny dude? Bet he is.:snork:
 
Seriously though, fat thighs, thin thighs, medium thighs....who cares? Functional thighs are all that matters now.

@sistersinhim, the Pug phot is actually Nemo, the little brat who tripped me the other day. Pheebs is a terrier and I will post her photo momentarily.
 
Girls what is this Lounge Doctor you are all talking about?

@Lilli215 ~ the lounge doctor is a patented device, designed by a doctor, to elevate your legs properly (above your heart). i will try to post a link: www.loungedoctor.com i'm in canada and ordered it from the u.s. on eBay; you can also order on Amazon, or on the website. i don't know if they ship to scotland but you can ask. there is also a Facebook page for the lounge doctor and that's where i asked my question if they shipped to canada.
 
@Pheebs52 ~ i was just reading about your experience with hip replacement. poor you. what an ordeal! glad you got through that successfully in the end.
 
There's Princess Pheebs, ruler of this empire, preventing cute little Nemo from getting up *her* stairs to the sofa, lol.
 
Liam, yeah it was dreadful, but now, 5.5 years later, it all just seems like a bad dream. :SUNsmile: The good part of that experience is it has given me some perspective on what I may be up against with the knee. Hopefully, I will not have a duplicate experience, but....if so, I know there's a happy ending eventually.
 
oh my goodness, princess pheebs is a cutie. we refer to liam as prince liam lol!
 
Hahaha, I wonder if they'd like each other, you know, two *royals* and all that? Poor Nemo is just a serf to Pheebs!
 
@Pheebs52 jst catching up on your news...Hoping time, rest, and massage have taken care of any residual pain from your pug mishap! And I hear you on the scar, mines gotten a bit better but still persistently sensitive and annoying!
Today I walked our dog for first time since surgery. Lulu is a stubborn hound with a mind of her own, and when we got to the corner where we typically would turn to head to the dog park she stopped dead in her tracks and refused to move. It took 10 minutes of pleading to get her to walk home. I was a little panicked--next time I'll take my phone with me so I can call for help!
Here she is now, feeling absolutely no guilt for giving mom a hard time!
[Bonesmart.org] Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22
 
@keefsmom, Lulu rules! She's just groovin' to that sofa....hers, I imagine? Any sofa or chair that Pheebs plants herself on is hers. Nemo has to ask for permission from her to share a sofa or bed. Sometimes she'll give me the nod, other times it's a snarl. She's a 12 pound terror, but lots of fun.

Well, weren't you bold (or crazy) to walk Lulu today! Pheebs would actually drag me down the street; no joke. Nemo might be safe at this point, but he doesn't do well in heat and humidity. He's an a/c kinda guy.

Yes, I am much better today after a great PT visit yesterday; phew! I really was lucky with that incident, about 6 inches from crashing to the floor. Just one small sore spot left, but I know it'll disappear fast. The scar has been acting up on/off today, such a nuisance. Ice, ice and more ice. Elevating on a stairway to heaven.....
 
*Blowing the Trumpet*

Yesterday, I completely ditched the cane for in house walking. Why? Because I actually walk better without it!:yes!:
I will still bring it with me for any outdoor activities, probably for a very long time.....maybe years. Paranoia runs deep.

Next, while practicing my "Field Sobriety," style walking, something most unusual happened....my foot and leg moved in NORMAL fashion! Yikes! I wasn't a semi Peg-Legger for roughly 3 hours! Ok, so it did make my leg tired eventually, but who cares? What a strange feeling though, to have my knee/leg move just like the other one. I had to pinch myself.:happydance:
 
Hehe! Great!
At one month post op I've been walking at home without any assistance for 1 week now...but! : I must 'think' about my steps. I tend to stiffen up operated knee, so I must do an exaggerated step to avoid that. (...
you know, the blasted clonk sensation)
Same thing when using crutches or trekking sticks outdoors. But I haven't been out *that* much. Next week that'll change. Have appointments almost every day.
I feel happy for you that it's so natural!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom