Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Good morning Smarties! I have a piece of recovery information that may or may not be of interest to others this morning. I've been wracking my brain for a subtle way to deliver my message and all I can come up with is as follows: Hubby and I both felt *frisky* yesterday and we met with success! Let's just say we gave a lot of thought to the process to avoid any discomfort to me and it worked like a charm. :heehee:
 
look at you getting all frisky, oops i mean techie, changing your profile pic. going to start calling you blondie; very Joni Mitchell(ish) with your tam (when she was much younger though). you must be feeling great today ~ didn't realize the 4th of july fireworks started already.:heehee: enjoy the long weekend.
 
Frisky is good! Great exercise, and a chance to get creative. Mr. Shoes and I explored our frisky side week 3, and were surprised at how well that went. It certainly goes a long way to feeling confident about this whole recovery thing. Bet you feel like quite the vamp!
 
Surely there are some concerns unique to knee replacements. Just thinking out loud. What's the same for sure are the mental and emotional obstacles, like fear of pain, or of injuring the new joint. I guess most people just work this out for themselves eventually.
 
Hahaha, I guess I'm not alone in enjoying some personal fireworks then? Great news! :spin::loveshwr:

SusieShoes, "Love conquers all, eh?" But yes, I can think of a few *concerns* unique to knee-people.

Liam2015, I'm a big Joni fan from waaaay back! I'm rather fond of Neil and Gordon as well. You Canadians are alright. :SUNsmile: I'm also a *hat person,* lol. *Blondie* has quite a few greys, about a third. Oh well, I earned them.
Celle, you can repeat that first line again...and again....and again, lol. To progress!:cheers:
 
In all honesty, I found things a bit more awkward after my hip replacement and I was much more paranoid at that time about damaging the implant. Now I'm older and wiser.:yes:
 
Whoop!. Whoop! for making wboopie. I'm a bit jealous but then again it's my own fault for not doing anything towards it. 38th Anniversary coming up.
Making plans hehe.
 
Fraid I made hubby wait till about the 12 week mark, to be honest it was the last thing on my mind in the first few weeks after the op!! Ladies of the Bonesmart Frisky Society, I salute you :yahoo:
 
I admit that being able to walk without a limp makes me feel 20 years younger. And I do live with the most romantic of men, so that might have something to do with it. :blush:
 
Aw, what a sweet thing to say about Mr. Shoes, Susie! I can't exactly call my Mistah a *romantic* but he is one funny guy with a lot of devilish charm. :wink: And I agree, despite the initial pain of the surgery, which is now pretty much gone, and the stiffness which remains but is diminished, I feel so much younger than I did with that horrid OA pain. That was relentless, soul-sucking, and exhausting and absolutely nothing took the edge off. I felt like I was 85 prior to surgery. Now, with a new knee, just 6 weeks old as of tomorrow, I feel more like....50? Yeah, I'd say that's about right. So, by the end of the year, I may be a teenager, lol. :happydance:

VW54, just go for it!:yes!:
 
It is uplifting to read your posts, Pheebs52. I can relate to feeling younger after having this surgery. How wonderful it is to do things now, that I hadn't done in over 20 years. How wonderful to kick that cane to the curb! It had been my companion for over 20 years, too! This surgery is so worth it. It took a few months for me to say that after I had the surgery, but now, yes, yes, yes!!! it is worth it!
 
@sistersinhim, your journey has been extraordinary and an inspiration to all. I'm really complimented that someone such as yourself finds my posts uplifting. If we can't lift each other up, there isn't much point to posting, eh?
 
I remember when I went back to work, everyone commented on how wonderful I looked. I had lost a little weight, but after a few weeks someone commented on my smile. That's when I realized, in the last year I had lived my life with a painful scowl anytime I was walking the hallways. Upon my return I could walk the hallways without pain and had a smile on my face. So I did and do feel younger, but also happier.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom