TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Uh-oh, @becticu , we have ugly, twin lumbar spines; pfft! Yours does sound a bit worse though as my disks are merely bulging and compressing; not herniated. I have the most trouble with L5-S1, but I don't think it's responsible for my quad stiffness, at least I hope not. :dubious: I just started watching "Bloodlines!" Weird family, great scenery, eh?

Lilli, LOL, you're tough! I actually have felt the clicking, but not too often. It's a really peculiar sensation, so I'm glad I can't hear it, hah! Hearing loss is truly a mixed blessing since there are many things I'm glad I can't hear and only a few I actually miss.:SUNsmile:

Susieshoes, the energy drain really DOES sneak up on ya in Ninja like fashion! One minute I was relatively fine, making my small plans, the next...I was down for the count! I just had two small errands I wanted to accomplish yesterday, but, THE DRAIN had other, quite leaden ideas; pfft! I didn't have a chance, even after waking up, 2.5 hours later. Just walking about 25' to the bathroom was exhausting for the rest of the day and night. Even my arms felt like lead; very odd.

BTW, I have a strong, visual of "stepping over cones," and I really am quite averse to the idea for some reason, lol. So far, it hasn't been mentioned, but I'll bet it's on the horizon, eh? However, most surprisingly, on Monday, PT had me do the "perp walk," 3x (ugh, about 60 feet, one way) ) and they said I had very good balance (yay, something good!) so perhaps I'll be spared the cones? Who knows!

VW54, was this your first post-op car trip after coming home? Maybe it was just the particular car that made things difficult? I find an enormous difference in ease of entry and exit between our two cars. I know your fun luncheon made it all worthwhile though.:yes!:

@knit2tog, brilliant idea on sending Gumby to PT! I think I'll bring mine with me on Thursday as a good luck charm!
 
Now for an update to last night: I had an *incident*. My Pug, Nemo, got underfoot somehow and I began to trip. I narrowly escaped a fall, but in clumsy style, my OP leg was the brace that kept me upright; eeeuuuww. No knee pain per se, but everything around it stiffened up immediately; pffft! It's still not too spiffy this morning, so I'm hoping it will loosen up a bit as the day goes on. Somehow, it also seems to have triggered some zingers and scar sensitivity and the always unwelcome sunburned sensation; grrrr! As such, my bright spot this morning is having non-leaden limbs, hahaha!
 
I'm so sorry that happened. It's those little or big falls that scare you AND as @sistersinhim can attest to, can hurt you. I hope there is no damage. Sounds like maybe you should just lay up in the recliner and watch Bloodlines all day. Around the 3-4th show of first season it got a little slow for a bit. It is one crazy family. If you are feeling like your family is a little weird just watch that! On my way to PT!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You may never see the cones. Your PT might not use them. And they really are short cones. I used big cans of tomatoes to show Mr. Shoes what was involved.

Oh, your poor knee! The implant, of course, wasn't bothered in the least, but your tender, healing surrounding soft tissue took the brunt. The muscles and tendons did what they needed to do to keep you upright, but they are still healing, so didn't like it, I'm sure. Baby them today, and they'll settle back down. They have a right to complain, though. That was unexpected. So glad you didn't fall!

And that energy drain, yeah. I have good days now and bad days. Some days my energy seems to be fine, and the next I will just sag and drag after even the slightest activity. I can't tie it to anything. It's just what it is.
 
Ayayay. Naughty pug. Knaughty knee?
Glad you are somewhat ok. Could have been so much worse!
Re car trip: no wasn't first outing in a car but it was the first time I got in and out and sat in front as a passenger. This last time a friend gave me a ride home and she had car seat for grandkid on the back seat, so....
Last 6 trips I made before, I travelled in the back with my leg up on the back seat. Every time in small cars (by USA standards LOL.)
 
VW54, yep, it sure could've been a lot worse; phew! Ah, now I see, it was your first time up front in a small, European car. You need to borrow my Geri-Car! Next time, see if you can bring a thick book or something similar on which you can place your OP leg foot; it helps a LOT! Seriously, it makes all the difference. :SUNsmile:

SusieShoes, laughing at the image of you navigating those big tomato cans! I know Mr. Shoes appreciated the demonstration.:heehee:

Yeah, the soft tissues have every right to complain, but hey, the implant didn't say a word! It was positively smug! I was really quite surprised and grateful all the soft stuff did do their *job*, not happily, but they did it.

Becky, my family is a bit odd, (whose isn't?) but they can't hold a candle to those Bloodline people, lol. I'm actually at that slow point you mentioned, so I'll keeping moving forward on it today. Interestingly, I did think of @sistersinhim while about a million other scenarios were flashing through my mind at warp speed. Good luck at PT today! Gumby's spirit will be with you.:yes!:
 
Dvannie, Prudence and Nemo have much in common! However, food was not the culprit last night. It seems my husband had Nemo's bottle of ear-cleaner in hand and Nemo saw it and decided it was time to make a break for safer territory despite gimpy Mummy being in the way. It all happened very fast, like most accidents.
 
Ha - I think I have a Gumby somewhere also - and maybe even Pokey! Today is a low energy day for me - I did not sleep well last night - am currently lying on a yoga mat in my office at work with my feet in the air. Ahhhhh!
 
I'm living proof that the implant is really strong and secure. I fell directly on my knee, with no kneecap. Yep, all 185+ pounds of me. It scared me really badly. Thank God it's fine. It took about a month before the soft tissues quit hurting.

You didn't fall, thank God!, but you will probably be sore for a few days or a week. But, that nice strong implant is fine! Take it really easy and follow the guidelines on here. That includes lot of icing and elevating!
 
Glad your near miss wasn't worse! Take it easy today - more naps!
 
Well Smarties, The Nap Queen fell asleep outdoors with her leg elevated and iced in her LaFuma chair, lol. Yep, another 2 hour stretch of zzzz's. Color me lazy!

The leg doesn't feel much better, but I have PT tomorrow and perhaps he can massage it away. Seems to be something wonky with the medial hamstring along with a tighter area right at the top of my knee.
 
I'm glad you didn't fall, @Pheebs52 , but you'll probably need to spend several days doing additional icing and elevating, until your soft tissues settle down again.
Don't do any exercises at PT today. Just ask for massage and icing.
 
@kmak81230, just a minute....did you say you are lying on the FLOOR on your yoga mat? You can actually get on the floor and get up again? This doesn't bear dwelling upon on my planet, lol.

Sistersinhim, no, very thankfully, I did not duplicate your experience! Just a big scare and a bit of trauma; phew! One interesting (to me) tidbit was this: About 2 weeks ago, I *forgot* I can't walk down stairs like a normal person. I blithely took that first, deceptive step then saw every star in the heavens while doing an open mouthed howl. Last night, no stars were seen and no howl emitted, just a few choice words in a fairly normal tone of voice. I'd say some big healing has occurred over the last two weeks!
 
I'm more confused how to get down on the floor without injuring myself, let alone how to get up!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Celle, if one can do negative exercise, that's what I've done today! Less than zero isn't just a phrase.:sigh: PT is tomorrow and I know he'll be helpful, as always. I'm icing and elevating to beat the band and may even go to bed with ice tonight. I may also take an Oxy this afternoon, though I've already taken one today. I was hoping to be rid of them entirely this week (had been down to just one a day) but it looks like that might not be the case. Oh well, eh?
 
Glad you were able to nap again today and wishing you felt better! Hopefully massage will help some of that!
 
Same here JennyLynne, lol! Send us a video @kmak81230!

Speaking of which, can someone enlighten this Luddite on how to download a photo from my phone onto this website? My photos are all on the phone, but I tend to use the laptop for chatting here because the vintage eyes and fingers don't work real well with the tiny screen and keyboard.
 
Becky, massage sure can't hurt.....right? It just feels all kinked up in places that typically aren't if that makes sense.

How was your PT session?
 
The other thing I feel like whining about (yes, more whining, grrrr) is the scar sensitivity and sunburnt feeling after the Nemo incident; pffft! I know it's small change compared to what could have been, but it's been solidly rattling my knee cage for almost 24 hours now....so annoying. Enough!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom