TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

I wear the FitFlops, too. They have rocker bottoms. You have to make sure they are called stable rockers. Otherwise, they will rock from side to side, too, which will throw you stability off. With new knees, we certainly don't want that!
 
I developed Plantar Fasciitis after my RTKR. It was so painful I could barely walk which was awful after going through a TKR! Vionic flip flops literally gave me pain free walking. Then when cold weather cam I bought their insert for my sneakers. When I wear my Vionic flip flops my feet and back don't hurt.
 
Thanks for sharing your exercises! [emoji3]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're very welcome @mechellec! Of course, you may be well beyond needing any of these? I hope so for your sake!
 
@becticu, when you find it, we'll share, lol!

I hope you're not having a bad night? So far, I'm really rocking this evening, other than being wide awake; hah!
 
To all the shoe Smarties, I just spent some time on Zappos looking at all the FitFlops and Vionics and got so overwhelmed by the numerous choices I couldn't make a purchase. That just never happens; hah! Any recommendations on particular models?
 
Tomorrow, oh wait it is tomorrow...I will check which two Vionics I got. I also got two pairs of Abeo sandals too. Yes, one of those sleepless nights but a fair amount of pain that meds just haven't knocked. I have a hypnosis Utube I listen to for pain relief but just can't settle myself down to listen and breath and follow along. That normally puts me out each night. I need to stop and focus on what's good instead of what I think is not. That I'm sure would help. I feel like my brain is spinning like crazy and won't slow down!

I need to find a good book, if anyone has suggestions please post on my thread so I don't take @Pheebs52 off track.
 
I have multiple pairs of the Tide II sandals/flip flops. Zappos is quick, but if you're not sure you can actually wear them and if you don't like them you can return before 30 days from QVC or the Vionic website (I think). You also have to break them in slowly, not that they hurt your feet, but because they straighten everything out. The company recommends you wear them for a few hours a day before wearing for a full day. The difference when I'm working in the kitchen wearing them and not wearing is night/day.
 
Thanks for the exercise tips - I am also non bendy and was doing a few of theses and will add some more - appreciate the tip on warming up quad and hamstring - why no heat on the knee?
 
Hi, I was in a different thread where you said it was difficult to stand in one spot. I learned that with my first knee! That drove me crazy. I could have the energy to take a shower but it hurt too bad to stand in one spot to dry my hair. I have curly hair so I blow it out straight. I've been wearing it curly so no having to blow it out. I wish I could remember what week that went away. It does go away though, I remember wondering if I would be like that forever!
 
Becky, standing still is truly odious for me right now. We went to a CVS and a small supermarket today (using the grocery cart as a walker) and every time hubby wanted to stop and stare at stuff, I just had to wave and say "Meet you at the pass, can't stand still!" The upside was, it got us out of there quickly! It was great to get out and do something *normal* but the standing was impossible. I had to abandon him to brave the checkout line alone, lol.
 
@Pheebs52 - I abandoned my hubby at the checkout at Staples on an outing. I had to go there to fax something, and kept walking around in circles waiting for the fax to go through. Once it did, I was done and had to go back to the car to sit. Now, I can stand for longer than I could before.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hahaha, it sounds as though there may be abandoned spouses all over who are looking for their Smartie partners! As always, I'm glad it's not just me!:heehee:
 
Back
Top Bottom