TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Oh, he also told me to dump the walker and two crutches. Just use a cane or one crutch. I inquired about appliance free walking and he said "Not yet. Quad needs to be stronger for more stability." Of course, when I was making the inquiry about hands-free, I was walking up a small ramp with one crutch and my leg buckled; pffft. Just a minor wobble, but still, bad timing.
 
I give you credit for wanting to walk free! I'm still attached to my helpers, haha.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Talking about the incision... when my leg has been out straight for quire sometime and then I go to bend it - the mid to upper range of the incision feels like it's going to split wide open. Only lasts for 1-2 bends but ouch wah wah!

Don't get off those walking aids until you are really ready.
 
I am glad that you haven't had that pain today and hope you don't tonight. That sounds terrible!

And why is it that when we are trying to make a point (like we can walk without assistance), our knees want to show us or others otherwise?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
glad you enjoyed the massage, even over the knee (is that correct?). i like it too but i can't exactly describe it as feeling pleasant, but it does feel like some internal healing is being helped along. that's wonderful you're gaining r.o.m. and trying to walk unassisted. good luck at the surgeon tomorrow.
 
@IowaNana, yes, why does it always happen that way, lol? I'm crossing my fingers for tonight. So far, so good, but that was true last night as well.

@liam2015, yes, he did very gently massage right over the patella! When he asked if he could try, I said sure, but no guarantee that I will want it to continue. I really was pleasantly surprised, especially with the quad massage. That continues to feel like raw meat; very sore, as opposed to a sharp pain.

Yes, I was very happy about gaining some ROM. At least it's headed in the right direction, eh? Tomorrow, I have another PT visit and the OS visit is on Thursday.
 
I love reading about your recovery. I hope the kidney stone-like pain never come again. You are doing great!
 
I enjoy your posts, too Pheebs52. This board helps keep us sane.
 
It does bolster sanity @katdog! We may not be "normal" yet, but I'm told that will come!

@knit2tog, I just saw your recovery journal and it was a pleasure to see how well you are doing!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
But, it's nice to know that our 'not normal' is normal for us at this stage!
 
Today, I'm happy to report there were no unusual occurrences last night; yay! Naturally, I woke with the stiff leg at 2 A.M., but that's my new reality. I'll take stiff/wooden over severe pain any night. So, I get up, walk around, stretch lightly, have a cup of decaf coffee, ice, elevate, pop an Oxy, read and then return to bed about 2 hours later. Late today, I'm back to the PT since he was determined to squeeze 3 visits in this week, lol. I don't mind since whatever we did yesterday actually seemed beneficial. Tomorrow is my post-op visit with the OS. I'm crossing my fingers it will go well....we shall see. I hope he'll be happy to see my ROM has improved though it's not at that *magic* number yet. I also hope he'll see fit to continue with my Rx meds. I'd be in deep trouble if he decides I've had enough.....
 
I have my own little middle-of-the-night ritual too! Like clockwork at 3:45am, of all times!
Glad you were "only" stiff! Hope PT loosens you up! I'm always amazed how much more I can bend at the end of the session!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hooray for no odd nighttime pain events. Let's hope that was just a fluke. A little rest, a little PT, and you'll be all set for your visit with your OS. I can't imagine he will be anything but happy with your progress. You're still just early days!
 
Thanks for the support guys! I do think the other night was a bad fluke brought on by....who knows?

I definitely am still early days so I hope I won't have any problem with Rx renewal. Crossing fingers, cuz I still need them, especially at night and after PT.

JennyLynne, I suspect we are in very good company between 2-4 a.m., lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom