TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KarriB I live in a 55+ community and replacement capital of the state. We have a hot tub and pool but I am afraid to go alone. Most neighbors have been gone since April. Out of 200 double wide mobile homes only about 10 stay year around. Hubby just called and we are going to eat out tonight at the beach. My first outing besides the OS and GP since surgery. I am so excited!!!:dogwalk:
 
Have fun! You can ask for a booth if you feel your knee needs to be up. I was in an immbolizer for a month and seeing my OS twice a week, so we went to lunch after every OS because it was the only time I went out. I always got a booth, sat sideways and laid me knee on the bench seat.
 
@KarriB . I had a great time and the salt water felt wonderful. Hubby was so sweet and made sure I didn't mis step. We took the dog and it was her first time at the beach. She loved it. We ate at the beach snack bar and then home for a nap. It was a great day.
 
Oh, the beach. I live slightly closer to the Atlantic that the Gulf of Mexico, but the Atlantic is so rough that it will be a while before I want to brave those waves and undertow. The Gulf is much nicer - warmer and such nice white sand. So glad you got to go. I am envious!
 
@KarriB I still have one place on the outside of my knee that even ice won't take down the swelling. Should I be worried?
 
Probably not. The swelling reduces in it's own way and time.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Guess I had to much fun last night. I am paying for it today. Very sore so lots of ice and Tylenol and on the couch for the day. Another life lesson to be learned. Only 1 thing at a time.lol:eeeuw:
 
Anytime you have a busy (next to normal) day there's pay back. I wouldn't worry too much about the swelling. It can take quite a while for all swelling to go down, depending on what went on in surgery. Good to hear you had a great day, now just a few days to recuperate from it. :bored:
 
Guess I had to much fun last night. I am paying for it today. Very sore so lots of ice and Tylenol and on the couch for the day. Another life lesson to be learned. Only 1 thing at a time.lol:eeeuw:

I have found that while I do well on flat pavement, walking on the grass to water the garden or walking on the beach (uneven and/or smooshy ground) really takes a toll. My OS confirmed that--try to stay on firm and flat surfaces. Of course, even without TKR, walking on uneven surfaces can take a toll. Still the beach sure sounds like fun!

Gilina
 
@Pescara, thank you for posting your recovery. I am reading recovery threads with great interest. Hope your knee is feeling better today.:SUNsmile:
 
@wings. You will find a lot of great information here. Everyone has been so helpful and great advice. Just remember to ice,elevate and nap. You have to walk before you can run lol:dancy:
 
I am a lot better today. I now know to slow down. Dreading seeing my old GP for the last time but need the last of my refills on my Blood pressure medication. Anyone know how I should ask for my records for my new GP? He was so unsupportive about getting my knee done. After 2 years of shots didn't he know I had enough. My OS would never have done it if it was not needed. Besides he was almost an hour away. I just can't do it. My new GP is only 2 blocks away.
 
Glad to hear you are better. Re: getting your records. You don't need to ask the physician. I would ask the front desk after you have seen the doctor. Many people, myself included routinely ask for records even if not switching doctors. If you are wanting primarily test results performed in a hospital you can get these from the medical records dept. Just say you want a copy of all your records for your files. You are entitled to your records.

It is nice your new GP is close by.
 
@wings. Thanks. I want my new doctor to be up to date before my next surgery. I found my new GP when I had to be re admitted for a bad reaction to Coumadin. My insurance nurse calls me twice a week to see how I am doing and suggested different blood thinners. I will talk to my OS about it.
 
It is really good your new GP will be so close by. When do you think you will have surgery on your right knee?
 
@wings I am so afraid my OS is going to make me wait for my other knee replacement. I have a list of questions to ask him and can't go through any more shots and not being able to get off the couch without help. I hope he agrees with me and will do it the end of the month. I see him on the 18th and my GP on the 11th. I have had every shot including silica gel with no relief. My GP is not for a replacement but it's my body not his! This is why I need a supporting GP.
 
My scar is itching like crazy. Time to go to Walgreens and get some anti itch cream. I am going to ask the pharmacy what to use:beg:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom