TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I didn't have cleaners coming in every two weeks my house would be a disaster because neither myself nor my husband are able to do the kind of cleaning this place needs. Two years ago we splurged and hired a lawn care company to look after our lawns and gardens. We have a small garden and lawn at the front and a larger lawn at the back but even although it is small, it was just too much for either of us to look after. I feel really spoiled and grateful that we can use these services. I dread to think what we would be living in without them. Probably wouldn't be able to move inside for dust and outside for weeds!

Glad you're feeling a bit better!
 
There's no place like home. It took me a few minutes to realize I was going home today. It seems so strange to be here but I did have to promise I would behave. It's just what I wanted before I had a meltdown. My knee is great and my back still hurts but nothing I can't handle. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight. For now the recliner will do.:happydance:
 
Hooray for home! Supposed to be cooler this weekend so I hope we can both get some fresh air!
 
@cairistiona60 I broke down and hired someone to clean . I will feel so much better once it is done. I will have the same as you, every 2 weeks. They will do a much-needed better job than we could do. At least we have a tiny yard and the park pays for the mowing so just a couple of flower beds my husband can do. We just need to spray for the weeds and they are filled with crushed sea shells. How are the Blue Jays doing? I am originally from Qubec and I haven't kept up this year
 
I have OT this afternoon. . At least I will get a walk outside and enjoy the cooler weather and fresh air but with a walker. I don't want to fall again! @ SaraJane I will bring you the o.j. but you will be better by the time I get there lol. I wish I could help you. You have been a great friend. Always so kind and lifting my spirits. I have made wonderful friends here and a journal to keep track of my progress. Everyone has been my cheering section and lofs of good information. When I have a cold, hot sauce or pepper in my soup and munch on carrot sticks and crackers and a comfy blanket. Feel better soon and don't rush to do things. Make sure your lungs are clear before you leave the house. Do you have anyone to shop for you? You do so much for others maybe you can get a return favour. The best thing for you is to rest and watch bad tv or listen to some nice music.
 
Glad you're home Katie! I went outside for a walk today. I'm enjoying this cooler weather. I see some of our bonesmartie friends mentioning snow. I don't have much experience with snow, but I'm rejoicing that the high today will be 84 degrees! What's the high for your area today?

Remember your promise to behave :yes:!
 
@wings the weather is nice. In the low 80's. I am trying to behave. It's so hard when I see all that need to be done. Yesterday I sat on the screened porch with my dog and started my 15th book! It was so nice to get fresh air. I am still in a good night's sleep mode. I am sleeping in the guest room since it is a bit lower and hubby has bought a new memory foam mattress that is not as firm as ours. The dog goes between rooms at night! Later today I am going to take a walk
 
Katie, glad you got some fresh air. I'm impressed 15th book. I used to be an avid reader, but not so much anymore. How do you like the new mattress? I bought a Saatva mattress prior to my surgery. They only sell online but you can return it for any reason in 60 days and only pay the $99 pickup fee. I've been very pleased with it. I'm still having difficulty sleeping longer than a couple of hours due to not being able to find a comfortable position for my knee. It looks like another gorgeous day on the Texas Gulf coast. I'm looking out now. Sweet hubby is spraying our Indian Hawthornes with fungicide. Your hubby sounds wonderful. My husband has been a trooper through this. i think we are going to our beach house next weekend! :happydance:. I can't wait.
 
You must be feeling a bit better to be thinking about taking a walk. Everything that needs done will still be there, unless of course someone else does it!
 
what are you reading, Katie? I checked out a bunch of poetry books, a couple of weeks ago, to read while I was getting my hair done. they were all on the new book shelf, and I hadn't heard of any of the poets. Figured I could handle something short and sweet. not up for something which requires more dedication or a longer attention span.
 
@Pescara glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Your weather certainly is warmer than ours. There were snowflakes around this past weekend and this morning when I awoke it was a whopping 21. Ouch!! I am not ready for the cold just yet. You deserve that warm air to comfort both your knee and your back. It's great to provide such comfort. My Husband and I are flying to Tucson next week where temps are in the 80's. I'm hoping the week will give me the chance to think of something other than my knee. At least that is the plan. I see the OS on Thursday who I suspect will lecture me again on the virtues of patience and telling me I'm doing great. And if he does, so be it! Time for me to start believing it. I'll start when I'm in Tucson!!:rofsign:
 
How was your day, Katie? Were you able to take Madison on your walk?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@SaraJane I fell down the rabbit hole for the last few days. Right now I am having a bit of trouble getting better. I'm back to not sleeping well but did manage to find someone to clean every 2 weeks. My walk with Madison got me to the end of the driveway and then home. I feel so bad for her. No long walks that she loves. I have been reading a lot and most are from BookBub for my kindle. They have at least 2 free books a day and it was free to join. I will read almost anything. My latest has been a couple of humor short stories books by Jen Mann. How are you doing? Hope you're feeling better and your cold went away.
 
@momweb The weather here is cool at night but still mid 80''s during the day. Enjoy your trip and enjoy the warm before going back home to snow lol
 
@ Pescara Madison will adjust to her short walks, Sammy did. I know he wanted longer walks and he sure as heck wanted to walk faster, but I just couldn't do it. And you know what, he's just fine! Just knowing he was with me was good enough. Funny how animals sense when we're hurting and when things are not quite right. They have all the patience in the world. Too bad we can't learn from them!

Oh, the weather here the past few days has been glorious! The colors are beautiful and the temps in the 70's, way above normal for this time of year. I'll take it as long as Mother Nature wants to deliver!
 
Glad you found a cleaner. It will make you feel better knowing that you don't have to worry about the house. I remember the first time I came home after our place had been cleaned. I was blown away by the great job they did. They even cleaned my fan blades. It had been years since they had been dusted so you can imagine how yucky they were. The girls that come to us are from a local company and they told me that they love to clean. Well I hate it, so I'm glad they are doing it.

I hope that you feel better soon.
 
I understand about the rabbit hole. Sometimes you have to honor and acknowledge your pain, frustration, depression, blues, blahs, and all that's going on. Know you have a supportive community here.

Sorry you're back to the naps and inconsistent sleep. One of the reasons why I wasn't reading novels was that if it's a really, really good book I find it hard to put it down at bedtime! Short stories are great; they give you a natural stopping place. Glad you're enjoying your ebooks. Humor's always good reading and good for the spirits, Katie.

I think @momweb's right: Madison understands you're doing the best you can and loves you regardless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom