TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally did it!!! I drove to my new GP on my own. The first time I have driven since May. At first a little nervous but I was only going 2 miles away and made it in one piece. After my visit I saw the nurse for my prescriptions and she started to give me a hard time about getting more pain meds in front of other patients and her husband and young son. She kept telling me that they were not pain management and I need an MRI before my next visit in 30 dayss or she would cancel my next visit.The GP and I lowered the the strength at my request. I don't need it for my knees it's for my back. It has been 5 weeks since the back surgery and I still need a cane to get around. I left the office in tears and came straight home and hubby got them filled. Not to pull strings I called my very busy brother and cried on his shoulder. He was very upset about my treatment I received. He works for the DEA so I know what is going to happen. They will pull all the doctors file's and speak to the nurse. Funny, he is the one who made me go to get more pain meds! I will be going back to my old GP. At least he has great nurses and never has questioned my knee or back pain. My knee is doing great and no pain or limp. @momweb I finally got some patience. I do what I can when I can. I'm in no longer in a hurry to get things done. I would like to thank everyone for the support here. I don't think I could have done it without you. :hi::loveshwr:
 
Oh, that nurse was so wrong!

How wonderful to be able to drive yourself. Freedom! So good to see your progress.
 
Yeah, driving is so liberating! So proud of you! What gave that nurse so much power? I can't believe she had the audacity to say those things!! It makes me angry and I'm not you! Good thing I wasn't there, I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. And she had the nerve to say it in front of others. UGH! Some people!!

As for me, @Pescara I said farewell to my second PT since surgery yesterday. He really is a sweetheart. Monday we head to Tucson for a much needed vacation and when I return I'll be ready for the ultrasound. Not going to PT actually is giving more patience. I'm not thinking about the knee all the time. Funny how that works.

So glad you are feeling better. Scre.. that nurse!!
 
@momweb Enjoy your trip. The heat will do you good. I sometimes don't think about my knee. I'm still recovering from my back. My brother is going to take care of the nurse for me. It still stings when I think about it.
 
@Salinte Some people can be so unprofessional! I am going to drive again on Tuesday to take Madison for her check-up at the vet. Today is her birthday. She turns 4. Puppy years went so fast but she still is my baby girl and gets away with a lot lol
 
I'm over the moon for you -- how wonderful to be driving again. No knee pain. No limp. I'm so, so happy for you!

I do think your GP needs to hear directly from you about how his nurse treated you. After all, she was effectively questioning his own judgment. And violating your privacy rights by discussing your medical treatment in front of other people. The problem is with her, not him. If you want to complain about her to the Florida authorities who oversee nurse licensing, I'm OK with that. It might feel nice to imagine the wrath of the DEA coming down on the whole medical practice, but I sure hope it's only a fantasy. I don't see anything the doctor has done that violates federal drug laws. The DEA's limited resources should be devoted to enforcing the laws, not hassling folks. IMO.
 
@SaraJane my brother called this morning and said there are a few more complaints about the GP and his staff. I never talk shop with him but he told me they had already been there last year and after my complaint they will make a special visit and advised me to see my old GP. I will call Florida nursing on Monday with a formal complaint so there is a good paper trail. I am surprised how well my knee is doing. I thought it would take longer. How are you feeling? I am going to take it easy today and tomorrow I am going out with hubby food shopping with the electric cart. You are right. We have a great support system here and always have great advice. :doggie: I know the DEA is busy but protecting his sister is important to him. You wouldn't believe how much time they spend in Florida. Miami is the drug capital of the state lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would've given that nurse a piece of my mind right there in front of everyone else. She opened the door, but lucky for her you are much nicer than me. :no-fin:
Isn't that independence great?!
 
Has anyone heard from Widget1? I am a little concerned since I haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks. I hope everything is ok. She has had a tough time with her knee and back. I hope she is ok
 
@KarriB I'm not that nice lol. She will be out of a job eventually. Once she is reported a few times I think a new job will be hard to get. It's not the doctors fault but now it is out of my hands. KARMA!
 
Finally got out of the house for a nice walk and food shopping! We went early and I used the electric cart but spent a little to much but I had a blast. We have almost enough to last for 2 weeks and gives hubby a break. Lots of fresh vegetables and fruits. My back is a lsore but it was worth it. Finally getting my energy and Independence back. I have finally learned patience @momweb. Last night the neighbors brought their 2 dogs over and gifts for Madison s Birthday. I was tired but was worth it and slept great.:yes!: Things are getting better every day. I am still going to have someone clean every 2 weeks. Washing floors and using the vacuum still have to wait 6 more weeks before hubby will let me. He has taken great care of me and makes me stick to what the OS said:giggle:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A doggie birthday party! What fun! Glad you were able to stock up on good food.
 
@Pescara Yahoo on gaining your independence and finding Patience! I find patience and then lose it again. Right now, it's in my back pocket and we're doing well. The muscle relaxant the doc gave me has helped tremendously with the pain behind my knee. It makes me a little woozy shortly after taking it, but I can deal with that. I'll be on a plane in the morning for Tucson so my knee and patience can all take a nice short vacation. I'll worry about what's what when I get back.

Happy Birthday Madison!!
 
@SaraJane, how are you feeling today? I called the Nursing Board this morning. They have had a few complaints about the nurse. They are going to look into it. I will not going back to that doctor. I will try to find another but for now I will have to go back to my old one:kittykiss:
 
Yesterday was a day of taking it easy. Today is rain and my knee feels it. We are in the rainy season so I am going to have more days like this. I still have a numb spot and sore at the top. You would think after 5 months it wouldn't bother me. I'm doing more and more every day. I said goodbye to the cane and enjoy the freedom. I can get in and out of the car with no problems but still take an electric cart at larger stores because I don't want to get bumped and fall. My poor right knee has taken the brunt but no way I am going to do it for a long time! I can live with crunchy . I am going down stairs normal but going up is still one by one and a hand rail. At least my house is back to normal and doesn't look like a hospital . Back to sleeping great and getting my food healthy. Madison is happy to have a little bit longer walks. We are thinking about being foster parents until a dog can be adopted next year from our animal shelter.She would love to have someone to play with. Hope everyone is doing great an is having painless days. I'm so grateful for the support and the great friends. Keep smiling( mom's favorite saying):puppysmooze:
 
Sounds like you are living your life! And that is just great.
 
@Pescara, I'm so glad you are feeling better. It's been such a long road with so many mishaps in between. Enjoy the good things now, you deserve a smooth road.
 
Glad to hear that you are getting about more and that Madison is happy about it. It's raining here just now but I don't feel it the way I would back in the UK. There the rain would kind of seep into your bones but here it is a lot different. The humidity in summer was way worse for me. I am terrified of what will happen in a few weeks when winter hits. I think I may have to invest in a really good pair of boots with good grip.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom