Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Slainte
I went to Home Advisor.com to find someone to clean. You can read reviews and they are licensed and bonded. I found a great team of 2 women and not one thing overlooked and Madison liked them. Wish I could send them to you and @SaraJane. It was worth it and the money was well spent. I am going to have them every 2 weeks since my cleaning skills are not as good as them. Lol They even helped me wash the bathroom rugs. :yes!:
 
Glad to hear you're enjoying your sparkling clean home. Thanks for wishing you could send them my way. I'm on a limited income, and that was one of the luxuries I chose to go without when my income plummeted. It was a wonderful luxury, and I'm glad you're treating yourself to it right now.

Are you dressing Madison up for Halloween? They've got some really cute costumes.
 
@SaraJane we cut back on the budget so I can have someone clean. Madison went to PetSmart last night for a doggie Halloween party but didn't dress up. She got to play with other dogs and run around the store. Over 20 dogs and treats and toys for all. I was exhausted after but had fun and I'm glad we went. Thursday I realized it had been 5 months since my TKR. My knee still feels a little funny but no pain or limp. What a big difference. Yesterday I took Madison for a walk and walked around the complex and up and down the streets not realizing I had walked almost 2 miles! I weighed my self and I'm down 28 pounds. Not having much of an appetite paid off . Hope you are doing great and getting better every day. You do for so many other people. What a kind person you are. I hope to meet you some day. :bigfish:
 
It's great that Petsmart had a Halloween party for dogs. My husband would love a dog but I have allergies and have never had one so we live vicariously through other dog owners. His parents have two Shelties, one of his sisters has a boxer/lab cross and the other has a chocolate brown lab so he gets to play with them.
 
I remember when you were taking Madison for a walk down to the end of the driveway and feeling as tired and worn out as if you'd climbed to the top of Mt. Everest. It really was not that long ago, Katie. And look how far you've come! Two miles without even realizing it. You're my hero, @Pescara. Despite all your recent challenges, you're walking that far without even realizing it!

Very kind of you to say nice things about me, but you're making me blush. I think everyone here is kind and caring and supportive, including you, dear friend!
 
@SaraJane, Awww I made you blush but it's true. I agree everyone has been a great supportive and caring . I couldn't have gotten through this without everyone. Yesterday I went to a 55+ Yoga class with light stretches and twisting. I felt good after and nothing but Aleve. I feel almost like my old self. Hubby thinks I have been doing a lot this week so we watched movies last night. Madison is so happy we are going on longer walks so she can see her friends! My knee still gets a little swollen but resting helps plus a good night's sleep.
 
Wow! Yoga with your back! That's terrific and so good to hear you're feeling better.
 
That is wonderful that you found that inspiration from your mother. You are for sure no quitter!
 
I don't know how I got talked into it but spent yesterday answering the phones all day at our complex. My TKR and back decided to behave ! It was 8 hours of fun and I decided to volunteer for a few other things. Hubby was so happy I am finally out of pain and being able to do things I haven't been able to do for 2 years. I am still going to wait for my right knee. Was everything worth it ? I still don't know . Some days yes, some days no. I still need help cleaning but able to organize coffee hour, card clubs,dessert night, pot luck dinners and other things. It feels so good to be able to things again with no pain medication and just Aleve. Hope all my friends are having a great day and feeling better.
:SUNsmile:
 
@Pescara
It's great to hear that you are feeling so much better. :yes!::happydance::yay:
You've had a wearying, tough time and now you are out into the light after that looooong, dark tunnel. That's terrific!
 
Thinking of you, Katie. Hope that your relative silence means that you're finally out there enjoying life again.
 
@SaraJane, I have been a little busy trying to get my life back but had a set back. I have been having pain in my hip and literally in my butt. I had X- Rays and they can't find anything wrong. My OS thinks it is from my back. It hurts every time I try to full weight on my leg so back to taking one stair at a time. He gave me some pain pills and they help some and also gave me time release Ambiem. Huge mistake! I was a Zombie all day so he gave me the 5 mg so I can sleep. Every time I try to turn over during the night I get a sharp pain. I had to give up my Yoga until it gets better. I read that you fell. Are you ok ? It's a scary thing ! I know from experience . Lol. Leave the cobwebs alone. They will be there tomorrow. I got a Swiffer dust mop so I can do the floors and hubby does the corners of the walls since I can't get that high. I think I did too much Yoga or the way I sit and pulled a muscle so I am taking it easy and reading. Oh well, another life lesson. I have to remember I'm not as young as I used to be. We did go to a Veterans dinner last night and it was great to hear all the stories. Everyone in uniform and hubby received his medal for his tour's in Afghanistan and Iraq. It was amazing to see everyone who served. I cried through his speech. He looked so handsome. I am so proud of him. He is having a hard time with retirement. I still have someone to clean and we are also cleaning out the closets today. She has been a blessing. The weather has been great. Warm during the day and cool at night. No more A/C and just ceiling fans. I love it and so does Madison. I miss everyone and hopefully everyone is doing well. I need to catch up with all the postings. XXXX and (((hugs))) to all.
 
Thank your husband for his service, @Pescara. So much of our identity and self-worth is tied up with our occupation/profession that retirement is often a big shock that leaves a large hole in our lives. I think it's more difficult for men to make this transition than women. It's wonderful that he was honored.

I hope your pain in the derriere is just a pulled muscle which will get better with time. I hope you take it easy with yoga if and/or when you go back to it. It's been months since many of your muscles, tendons, and ligaments have been used in that fashion. It's prudent to take baby steps -- and especially prudent not to take them wearing a long caftan sweeping cobwebs off the ceiling!

My knee is settling down again. I did ice in the morning and evening yesterday, but was able to drive OK. I flirted with the Over Did It Club, though, when I stopped at the local shopping mall to check out Veteran's Day sales on boots. I couldn't find any leather ones with one inch heels, however. I'm beginning to think I should just get those rubber rain boots I remember old women wearing when I was a kid. (I have three pairs of comfy suede boots, but the weather forecasters keep saying we'll have heavy El Nino rains this winter.) Do they still make these? Where can you get them? We've never had rain year round, so maybe our stores don't carry them. I was having a little bit of difficulty taking 10 lbs. or so of groceries up the stairs with my little old lady cart. Part of that was my knee, but at least 60% of it was the pain/stiffness/limited pain-free range of motion with my upper arm/shoulder, which was triggered by the fall. Isn't late middle-age wonderful?
Give your DH and Madison hugs from me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom