Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the good wishes. Today I am feeling a little bit better. I got a solid 5 hours sleep. Oxygen and breathing treatments are going good. Bringing up lots of junk! Thanks KariB. My name should be on a door I'm there so much.lol .All they have to do is look at me and know who I am. I really want to go home but I know I am in good hands. Madison can visit today as long as she has a bath first. Everyone took a vote and thought it would be healing since the tower doesn't open for 2 more weeks. She is a certified therapy dog so she is nice and gentle. I can't say the food is much better so David is stopping at McDonald's for me. (My one vise). I love their pancakes. Have already seen the GP and OS. Looks like I can go home on Wednesday if I am good. I need to still be on pain meds and breathing treatments for a few more days and more sleep. Hope everyone is healing well and taking time to rest and take lots of naps. Don't worry about the dust. It will be there tomorrow.
 
So happy you are in good hands and improving. I like pancakes from M as well, yum! Hope David and Madison can stay long, or better, Madison can stay until you go home.
 
I'm so glad you're doing well in hospital, @Pescara .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief @Pascara Pancakes from McDonald's, really? I'd want a sirloin with a baked potato and huge glass of wine!! Glad to hear you are feeling a little better and home is in your future. Hopefully this time you'll be there for a long time this time. Weather is beautiful in New Hampshire. The colors are gorgeous! We'll head back to Connecticut on Tuesday. Then it's back to PT again on Wednesday. Yeah....I knew reality and this knee of mine would come back to haunt my weekend!! Try to rest and enjoy yours!
 
@momweb After all this I am not doing my right knee until I am in a wheelchair lol. I will only do it if I go to rehab after where I will be safe and no falling. I still have at least 3 weeks of healing. The steak sounds great but I can do without the wine. I can imagine the fall colors are gorgeous. Someday I would love to see them and spend a week just walking in the woods. Hope you are doing great and enjoyed your vacation. You deserve it! Do you live anywhere near Glastonbury? That's where my God parents live on a river. I haven't been in 5 years but maybe next year when I feel better. Xxx
 
Katie,

I'm so glad that you're feeling better today and getting the care (and rest) that you need. Was your hubby able to bring Madison to see you today? In just a few days you'll be able to go back home and continue your recovery.

At least you weren't out driving your new vehicle this morning. There was a large waterspout in the water by the Sunshine Skyway bridge (by the Manatee side), and it did come on shore as a brief 2-minute tornado. It picked up a USPS semi filled with mail and flipped it over, and the trailer cracked apart. The funnel sucked the mail into the sky (and probably dumped it into the water, as it went right back into the bay after crossing the bridge). It would be a nightmare to be crossing the upper center of the bridge and see a funnel coming near, with no place to go and get safe.

Once you are home and feeling much better, I plan on coming to visit you. I agree with your decision to put off getting the other knee done. It's more important for your back to be healed so that you put less stress on it. Why the delay for a room again? Could it be because Manatee leads the state in heroin overdose deaths? Those two rather modest size hospitals really don't have the space to accommodate the huge spike in ER visits for overdoses.

Have a soothing and restful evening, and I'm so glad that you're feeling better, and that your doctors have visited you and that you're in a better place to heal than the ER.
 
Whoa @Widget1 you folks don't need any more rain your way and a waterspout on top of it. Wow! My sister is about 30 minutes outside of Columbia, SC and her Rotator cuff surgery has been postponed because of the massive flooding in the area. She is not happy because of the amount of pain she's in. She's already waited a month for the date.

@Pescara we live about 20 minutes south of Glastonbury in Southington. It is a beautiful time of year and the weather here has been wonderful! My knee is getting better slowly. I've had 3 1/2 weeks of Aquatic Therapy which has been great. My therapist pushes hard, but I am improving slowly. On Wednesday I start land therapy for 2 weeks. Working out on land is harder so I'm a little nervous. I still have pain behind my knee and trouble with my calf and hamstrings. We've been working on them, but they still hurt. Nights are still not pain free. But I did walk almost a mile this weekend, so I have hope that soon this will all be behind me. I am still thinking about doing my other knee in March. My therapist thinks that if I get my muscles strong enough, I may be able to put it off. Wouldn't that be nice? I think that's wishful thinking!!

Hope you have a restful night! TV's not too bad tonight.
 
@Pescara - just caught up on your thread.. I am SOOO sorry to hear you're back in the hospital with bronchitis... All I can say is that you should take advantage of that as much as you can and rest.. You have been through so much.. Do take care. Sending positive healing thoughts your way!!!!! :friends:
 
Last night around 7:30 they tore my bed apart and gave me a memory foam mattress. That with the combination of drugs I got I was sound asleep by 9 pm and slept until 8:30 this morning. I never saw them at 5 am for blood work. The first good night's sleep since this whole thing started. Today more breathing treatments and looking for food lol. It's the first time I have been hungry and I missed breakfast.. I hope this sleep cycle keeps on going once I get home. :yes!:
 
Sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So very happy for you.
 
YAHOO! All our positive vibes have reached Florida and you! The fact that you are looking for food is a good sign. At least it was always a good sign for me that I was getting better. Good for you, let's keep it going!
 
@momweb, I finally found a snack bar with sandwiches and Starbucks coffee. It was all so good I ate everything . I'm 22 pounds down so I have to try to eat something every 2 hours to get healthy again. Had 4 breathing treatments and feeling better today
 
@SaraJane, today was hubBy day off and gave him your list. Since he works for Tropicana he stopped and got me some great juices. All have vegetables in them . My favorite is Mango/peach. That'd for all the great ideas. Sleep well my friend with happy dreams
 
Not going anywhere until this weekend :boohoo:They want more breathing treatments and off all pain meds. Slept for 11 hours straight and once again on the hunt for food. Starbucks loves me showing up in my fuzzy robe. Got to see Madison last night and she had fun running up and down the empty halls and all the treats. I can imagine what the house looks like when David asked what cleaning company I use since I have been down since TKR! He said at least the beds have been made but nothing else. Be afraid, be very afraid!!!! :flabber:
 
Katie - Blessed sleep, Starbucks and treats and a fun visit with your little Madison - all really good steps forward! The weekend will be here soon, and you'll be in much better condition to cope with your continuing recovery at home. Please do not even think about cleaning!!! I'd be happy to take a break some day next week and come down and clean your house for you. Josephine posted on my thread a couple of months ago when I was stressing about not getting enough cleaning done, and I've followed her example (and that has probably also helped with my tendency to be OCD about trying for perfection).
 
@Pescara - Really, don't be "afraid".. (though that was funny and I can relate! :heehee:) ..... NOTHING is going to happen (or not) at your house that is not recoverable. I FINALLY got my head wrapped around this.. If it's dusty.. so WHAT? If it's not vacuumed, so WHAT? We (and ESPECIALLY YOU!) have what they call "EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES" that need to be considered.... It took me some time to see that, one day, I'll have my house back in order and clean, dusted, and "BETTER HOMES AND GARDEN-LOOKING", which was always my "standard" (Judge that as you will! lol! :rotfl:) ... You priority really needs to focus on recuperation and your personal well-being.. The other stuff, though important, can stand in line.. (Hope that helps!)
:friends:
 
I will do a little cleaning at a time. One thing a day and let David vacuum and wash the floors. Saw the GP and OS this morning and all is going well. Pain pills down by 3/4 yesterday and will taper off gradually under medical supervision. Feeling better today and can't wait for Saturday and my new bed. Bad Katie bad. I can still shop Amazon from the hospital lol. I ordered all new bedding.:doggie:
 
Oh no, Katie, Good Katie, Shopping is good for the sole!! You have to find happiness somewhere and goodness you certainly deserve it!! Shop away!! Glad to hear you are feeling better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom