Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SaraJane I went to Amazon.com and they have very stylish and cute rain boots. I might order some for me since we get our share of rain. I couldn't believe how inexpensive they are. Yes, you finally joined the rest of the "Over did it club". Please take it easy and slow. You're right, sometimes the Golden Years are not so Golden !
 
Oh, sorry to hear about your pain. The faster we go the behinder we get! But like you I am loving the cooler weather! Lots of folks might think that 73 degrees at almost 11:00 pm is not cool. But they would be wrong. Hope your aches go away quickly!
 
It took time but my hip pain is finally gone. I can sleep on my stomach again. I see my old family doctor next Monday. I am still not sleeping well after 6 months :bored:. I hope he can help me. I tried Ambin but had terrible side effects. Tylenol PM and Advil PM doesn't work. I am very frustrated and tired.
 
No hip pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleeping on your stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the party hats, cue the DJ's, get lots of confetti, streamers, and big, beautiful balloons.

I'm so happy to hear that.

:::waving magic wand to bring Mr. Sandman with gentle sleep sand your way tonight:::

I occasionally take a little Trazodone to help me get to sleep. Ambien would make me feel like a total space cadet zombie for the next day and a half. There was some discussion on @newlybionic's thread Three Months Out And Still Struggling recently about melatonin. "Sleep hygiene" is a big deal these days it on , and there's a lot of advice about on my HMO's patient information website and printed materials -- I've been told to keep all electronic media switched off for an hour or two before going to sleep, go to sleep and get up at the same time each day, etc., and I blatantly ignore this advice very often. Always the rebellious teenager, I suppose.
 
So good to hear that you are feeling better! But no sleep is the pits. I have the same problem. For the moment I am allowing myself Tylenol PM, percocet, and robaxin just to get a decent night's sleep. But those days are numbered. Can't medicate like that forever. I did reach a point after my first knee where I was able to sleep pretty well. Hope it happens again! And hope you find the solution as well.
 
I'm down to one Percocet and two Advil nighttime every night but that's only until Thursday when my Percocet runs out. Hope you are able to sleep.
 
Thanks for all the sleep support. Again no sleep last night but with good reason. We noticed last night Madison's tummy was moving and thought it was gas. We were wrong. She decided to have twins !!!!! A huge surprise ! A beautiful girl and boy. Black and Tan with White paws. They are 6 ounces each and so cute. She never showed signs of being pregnant and no milk sacs so now it will be bottle feedings every two hours. So far Madison is a good mommy and protective. Hubby is now permanently retired so he will help and we can take turns. We named the boy Ruger The Mighty and the girl Paige of Brady. Since they are purebred Yorkshire Terriers they will be AKC Registered and hence the long names. We are keeping Paige. She must have gotten pregnant at play group so we have no idea who the father is.( It's a Yorkie play group and all AKC Registered and she goes every Saturday ). We will have to do some research to find the father before we register them. Time to do a blood test. At 12 weeks we will find Ruger a fur - ever family. Good thing I don't sleep!! Hope everyone is doing great and getting some sleep. We are off to the Pet store for supplies.:doggie:
 
@tigz Thanks. I am so excited. I have to wait 6 weeks and then I can post pictures. Got great advice from the vet. Nothing under 76 degrees and nothing over 78 and no ceiling fans. I hope it cools off fast !:doggie:
 
I'm at a loss for words. Nearly as surprised as you must have been. Madison must have been sneaking out the doggie door at night to go off for a little assignation with a Yorkie of questionable morals. When you find out who that rascal is, I hope he gets a stern talking to. Getting your darling knocked up without any regard for pedigree or common decency. What's the world coming to!

Congratulations! Hope you don't mind my joking around in the first paragraph. Every two hours?!? Glad your husband's there to help with the feedings. Looking forward to the pictures.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Pescara ,
Congratulation on the new babies.

As well as bottle feeding the pups, maybe you should let them suckle too. Madison might make milk for them if you do that.
 
We got thru the first night. Madison wants nothing to do with nursing but will not leave the house. My living room is now a puppy room. A playpen, bumper pads and waterproof mattress and potty training pads and a nice bed. I think we bought out PetSmart !! @ SaraJane , Madison is such a husky. All the up and down is bothering my knee and hip. It might be the way I sit . I did notice a twinge when I use the stairs,trying to use them like a normal person. At least it's not to bad sleeping on my stomach. 5 hours a night is awful. I am frustrated , tired and cranky. :doggie:
 
@SaraJane, I was reading your journal and so happy that you are getting out and doing the things you love. The wheelchair was a great idea. It sounds like you are having the time of your life. You deserve it after all you have been through and your little Whoops. How are you feeling after your outing?
 
@Pescara Congrats on your new little ones!! I can't wait to see the baby pictures! I hope you are able to get some rest with all the extra activity now. Melatonn was mentioned to me from another member. It is a supplement but it can interact with medications so check it out before you try it. @SarahJane mentioned trazodone which I have used in the past. While Ambien left me 'hung over' all day the trazodone didn't. It is a prescription medication.
 
Such a gift to have the new little loves in your life.
 
I think my cat is jealous of the attention your puppies are getting. She woke me up three times last night, and proceeded to settle in for a comfortable snooze right on top of my chest. Her tail was brushing against my nose! But I told her that if she wants to function as an alarm clock to make sure that the pups get their feedings at night, she should move to Florida!

I'm doing OK, mobility-wise, @Pescara, thank you for asking. But I'm going through a period of energy drain, and Rose the cat's nocturnal use of my chest as an object to be perched on and slept on isn't helping. I hope that your knees and back are holding up OK with all the extra ups and downs and bending and reaching that comes with being a fur-grandparent.
 
Went for my 6 month check- up with my OS this morning for my TKR. Everything is healing good but I still need to take it easy. Last night without even thinking I knelt on my knee and NO PAIN!!! Getting up was the hardest part. I still have a numb spot that might be there forever. I can live with it :yes!: Hope everyone is doing great and has a wonderful pain free weekend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom