TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pescara - so glad to hear that you had real food & ice cream today and that you're able to rest! It's also great that you've met your deductibles for the year, so that is one less worry for you.

Salt water is great for therapy (including relief from sinus issues). However, I didn't want to go in the water this summer, as several of our beaches (as well as one in Sarasota) have been closed this summer due to high levels of e coli and also for flesh eating bacteria (I can't remember the scientific name).
 
Dear Katie

Catching up on your thread. Your last couple of posts make it seem like you're living the life of Riley! Real food, Real ice cream. DVD with instructions. Showtime to watch. No waiting at an over-crowded PT facility. A roof over your head and no flooded streets to navigate. Hope you continue to enjoy those little things while you're there.

I look forward to hearing about the results of your MRI test. Crossing my fingers and toes for you. So glad you switched OS's. This guy sounds like a keeper!
 
@Pescara, oh sounds like you are doing really good. I am so happy for you.
We'll today I have pt early again, andid right now just don't feel like doing much! Woke up tired. :yawn:
How long will you have to stay in hospital? Whatever, sounds like you are getting the help you need!!
 
Had PT this morning @ 7 am. Are they crazy lol. They just gave me a print out of my MRI. Now I have tons of questions.
Scoliosis of lumbar spine is seen with complexity to left side
L 2 -3 Broad based poster disk hibernation
L3-4 Diffuse budget compressing on thermal sack causing mild narrowing of bilateral neural foraging
L 4-6 Fracture of disk
Taylor cyst in spinal canal posterior to body of S2 vertebra
This is the short version. I have no clue what it all means. I still have 2 more pages to read lol. Anyone have any ideas? I'm tired but hanging in. I need coffee!:froggies:
 
@Pescara, well, you certainly don't do anything simple, do you. I looked up on the web your fracture and it certainly seems to be uncommon. From what I read this kind of fracture occurs from a motor vehicle accident or a traumatic fall. Aha, that stupid patio table!! Hopefully bracing and rest will be all you need. The only good thing is you'll become real good friends with your new OS and your PT. Wishing you all the best. I've been thinking about you, hoping you're not in too much pain.
 
I feel like I am in a spa except for being high from medication. A wonderful hospital and staff. A big Thanks to @Josephine @PolarBear60 and all the wonderful friends I have made. It keeps me sane! Great information and website@momweb . Wow you really did your homework. So many to mention . I could go on forever. Even my OS said bondsman was the best website for information. He was impressed I am involved in it. Just finished a nurse from Blue Cross and they don't want me to pay any bills I have received. They will accept the request for my RTKR and back. Happy Happy Joy Joy. I was getting worried about the bills and didn't want to dip in our savings. Thank you to @Poppet for the nutritional information :doggie:
 
So glad things are getting sorted out for you. So sad the nasty fall brought it to fruition, but maybe that's the good side of a bad situation. Things that NEEDED to be sorted out are being sorted out, and you should (after what will seem like a long, tedious recovery) be much better for you.
 
@Pescara - sounds like things are taking a positive turn for you. You have LOTS of people looking out for your best interests! :yes: Hoping recovery goes well!! Hang in there!! :flwrysmile:
 
Following your progress with love and concern. Thanks for the update. Hope today goes well for you.
 
So maybe something good will come out of this terrible fall. Are they giving you a date for the TKR or are they wanting you to wait until you are healed from this fall?
 
Sounds like your poor spine has taken a beating. Also sounds like you are in the best place for treatment. Hope you get some relief.
 
@Pescara

Katie,

I'm so glad that you are being taken care of so well, and that your OS is responsive. May each day be a little (or lot) better for you.

After my surgery, I didn't see my OS until 7-1/2 weeks out, and that was for less than 5 minutes. After 5 days in the hospital one of his residents came and unwrapped my leg and put the TEDS stockings on 30 minutes before I was discharged (no other doctor stopped by during the 5 days). Last winter a woman in a grocery store parking lot told me that she'd had a TKR that had gone bad (by an OS in the practice I went to). She said that she drove 60 miles to Bradenton and found the best OS at Coastal Ortho and he gave her another knee and her life back.

After reading about your experiences, I've written down the name of the new OS you have, and I plan on making an appointment to see him and will want him to do my right TKR in the next 6 months.

May you have a restful night and a better day tomorrow.
 
Glad the insurance company sounds like it is coming through. That MRI reading is a mystery to me. Let us know when they translate it for you! Glad to see your spirits are up. That is the best medicine.
 
@Pescara
Just caught up on your thread. Glad they are taking good care of you!!! I haven't packed anything yet, but I did practice getting in and out of the car today. I will be following your thread. :console2:
 
Sorry I didn't post last night. I am really down. I asked them to lower my pain meds. After seeing the nurse from Blue Cross I started with the crying and haven't stopped. PT is hard and my whole body hurts. @Widget1 I think you will like the doctor and not hard to find his office. The best one is 5101 4th Ave Cir E.They also do imaging on site and have a group of doctors. I'm sure they are all good. I have heard they are the best around the Bradenton area. I am having a bad day because I hurt everywhere. Maybe I shouldn't have cut down on my meds but I hate being in a fog all the time.:boohoo:I hope they can do my spine and knee at one time . I have a problem with anesthesia. I wake up swinging
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@wings. The car was my first hurdle. Pack a cooler with a couple of ice packs so you will be frozen when you get home. Start packing! It's coming up fast and hopefully you don't forget anything like I did. Lol My poor hubby had to buy me panties.:bow:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom