TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pescara, and how are you doing? I was wondering what they said about your back? Was that the reason you fell, or your knee gave out on you? So you still don't know when you will be going home?
I am sitting here icing, and wishing I could get a massage! Sounds heavenly! Had pt today, and I am moving along ok, my rom is 115, and I am 6 weeks post op!
 
@Pescara and @wings you're lucky to get a pedicure before your surgery. I couldn't have polish on my hands or my toes. I hated it. Talk about vain! It was weeks before I could get a pedicure. My fingers were polished as soon as I could stay awake long enough to do it!:rotfl:
 
@momweb and @Pescara, I read my pre-op instructions and I cannot have any polish. I can't even put conditioner on my hair or shave my legs :unsure:.
 
I could put conditioner on my hair, and wear deodorant. But no polish and no shaving for 3 days before surgery.
 
I forgot to take off my polish but they did not say anything... And I did not get any rules about no shaving so I was shaved and had my sparkly blue toes (still have em' but they are desperate need of a touch up)... But no deodorant (I used scent free dry the night before)...
 
@louie I am still waiting for a discharge date and Blue Cross to approve my back and other knee. You think they would have approved it already. PT almost every day and I am exhausted after. At least they are closed for the weekend and holiday so finally a break. I am so over this lol. I would think I should be ready to go home by now:doggie:
 
@Pescara it's amazing how long insurance takes to approve what shouldn't take that long. I needed an MRI approved by Blue Cross, had an appointment at the Doctors to view the results of the MRI. Blue Cross denied the request 2 days before my appointment. No wonder no one called me with the date for the MRI! It's crazy. I know how much you want to go home. I couldn't wait to go home and I was only there for 2 nights! Once you do get there, just be real careful, don't go shopping right away for a new patio table. Take it easy. I looked up the weather in your area. Boy, you guys can't get a break. Thunderstorms daily for the foreseeable future. Is that normal for you folks? Not sure I could handle the cloudiness on a daily basis, plus I'd be so soggy!!! The humidity cleared out here in the Northeast, at least for a day or two. It's beautiful here. Hope you get your discharge soon!!!
 
@momweb It makes me wonder if anyone at Blue Cross has ever been denied lol. I had to pay for my first MRI out of pocket for $2000.00 . I was tired of waiting. At least it covered a lot of my out of pocket expenses. The weatherman lies a lot lol. It has been hot and sunny except for Monday. My OS keeps on BC but no luck so far. I think they are waiting for next year when I start all over again:loll:
 
Katie,

I'm so glad that you get a break from the PT, but without that taking up part of your day, I'm sure that you'd rather be spending the holiday weekend at home with your husband and little dog.

Hopefully Blue Cross will give their approval next week (but everything is always slower after a holiday weekend, as you and I both know as we had our surgery the week of Memorial Day) and you won't have to meet yet another annual out-of-pocket dilemma in less than 4 months.

In a couple of weeks I will give your OS a call and set up an appointment for my right knee. I've decided I want it done at the end of January or beginning of February - mainly because the weather is nicer then, and also my neighbors will be back from Vermont and I'll have assistance with my transportation needs during recovery.
 
I know you want to go home -- yesterday! But please don't push too hard in physical therapy to get home ASAP. I don't want you to do too much too soon and injure yourself. And when you do go home, make sure that they send out a home health nurse to make the very same day you're discharge to check your house out for safety hazards from top to bottom, and to make sure you're able to get around and do limited ADL without fear of injury or strain.

What are they talking about doing to your back? Will you be seeking a second opinion? Back surgery is nothing to take lightly, especially when you have so much going on with other parts of your body.

Meanwhile, relax. Enjoy a weekend without physical torturists. See if your husband can sneak the dog in for a visit. You could say he/she's a companion animal, mental health service animal. Worth a try.
 
@Pescara when a friend was very ill and hospitalized for weeks we brought her puppy to the hospital side entrance and wheeled her down there to see her dog. Where there's a will there's a way.
 
@momweb hubby already got a new unbreakable table! Getting ready to do the dreaded stairs. The nurse is going with me. I can't sit here and wait for the weekend to be over. I overheard I might be going home by Wednesday. Happy Happy Joy Joy as long as I am a good girl. BC has still has not approved my back and knee. You think they would since I am already here! Guess they are waiting for next year so I have to pay my out of pocket all over lol
 
@Pescara when I got home from the hospital I got a letter from Blue Cross approving my stay at the hospital for the first day. Great, I said, wonder what they'll do with the other 2 now that I'm already home? It's crazy how slow they go. Anyway, it'll all work out in the end! Glad to hear you have a new table. That empty spot must have been really bugging your hubby. Wednesday will be here before you know it! You go girl!!
 
@momweb my husband didn't want me to have bad memories and to see what I did lol. After my TKR I got 5 letters and the OS got 3 after the surgery had already been done. They were a little to late! The OS just left and still waiting for BC. I go home tomorrow. Yipeee. I'm sure they as well as me are tired of me being here. I will still have a nurse 3 times a week and also PT 2 times a week. I can live with it! Hubby rented me a lift chair and an adjustable bed so I can get around better and get up easier. Now to pack and I will be ready tonight! All I'v's are finally gone but still the shots at home 3x a week for blood thinners in my tummy. They don't hurt so no problem. I am so used to them but I understand that because I have been in bed so long it's just a precaution. Tomorrow I will behave and have pizza.:happydance::loveshwr:
 
That is the best news! So happy for you that you will be home.
 
Yahoo! So, now you can finally have a great weekend! Please, please, take it easy. Even when you think you're feeling better, take it easy. I remember how depressed and angry I got when I had my setback. My PT kept saying it'll be ok, we will get through this and he was right. I just have to keep looking ahead and not at the moment. Easier said than done, I know. The good news....you're not alone and even though many of our setbacks are different, they are setbacks nonetheless.

I'm so excited you're on the road to recovery back home where things are so much more comfortable than the hospital. Put the insurance on the back burner where it belongs and enjoy the weekend!!:yes!:
 
I'm so happy that you were able to see your little dog today, and that tomorrow you'll be able leave for home, sweet home! Your hubby is so wonderful for taking care of getting a new table, and for getting a lift chair and bed for you. You'll feel so much better at home, and please do take it easy!
 
@momweb @Widget1 and @Dearjr @louie @cpd599 and everyone else. Thank you for all your good thoughts and caring.
@Brauzie Thanks I am grateful for our friendship
@wings Thanks for EVERYTHING. You rock!
@SaraJane Your support has been wonderful
@Josephine @PolarBear60 Thanks for all the good advise
If I forgot someone I'm sorry but everyone here @ BoneSmart have been wonderful and I will never forget you. I might be off today and tomorrow and adjust to being home to sleep in my own bed and rember where the bathroom is lol:loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom