Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Widget1 . Yes I use Walgreens. They are great and on time. They don't have MCat where I am but have SR rides for free so I use them when I can. How are you doing? I still have some pain and trouble walking and pulled my hamstring last night. OUCH!
 
@SaraJane. Yes I am getting all my records from the hospital. Even the ones from my surgery
 
@louie. They are taking very good care of me and also brought in a bed so my husband could stay with me. I am in happy land with all the meds lol
 
@Pescara, oh wonderful! And so happy to hear you are feeling comfortable! You went through a lot to get to this point! That was really nice the accommodatedge your husband, too. I imagine he has had it pretty rough too, just knowing what you were going through.
I have to get to pt, ttyl!!
 
@Pescara I've been away for awhile and decided to come back and check on some of my friends. Good grief, girl, what have you done since I've been gone? I knew about the insurance refusal to allow surgery on your other knee, but the fall, the ER? Who cares about the patio table? Are you ok? I can't believe this! I'm sending the biggest hug I can your way and all the best wishes there are. Now, I will definitely check in daily to see how you are doing. You make my issues seem so minimal! Thank you for that!:loll:Hang in there!
 
So,sorry for everything... be strong... Have they moved you yet? No damage to your new knee right? Sending positive thoughts your way.
 
@momweb, I'm doing ok just sore and more bruises keep showing up. It is pouring rain but they moved me to the new hospital. Back in the ER until my room is ready. I finally meet my new OS and he is really nice and not bad to look at lol. My new knee is fine but I messed up my back really bad. X Ray shows a couple of bad disks and one break. My husband got all my records from PT and my old OS with no problems so it made it easier for my new OS. Looks like I am going to be here for a week or more
 
Oh no! Well hopefully with your new OS armed with the up to date of and seemingly proactive about helping get you back up and going yo will get some REAL action and relief... Good luck!
 
@Pescara !! You poor thing!!! I think you're having more than your "fair share" of "opportunities".. (It's a running joke at work that I use the term "opportunities" instead of challenges or problems.. :heehee:)

So hope you'll heal quickly from your fall. And it sounds like you have found a great OS! Love the fact he told you to stop PT until he saw you personally. Still can't believe you got bruises from going!!! That is just WRONG!!!

A whole week in the hospital! Hopefully they will take good care of you and help you manage the pain appropriately... sounds like you're on the right track for that!!
Hang in there!! Sending hugs from Washington for you!!! And wishing you the best!!:flwrysmile:
 
Oh @Pescara -

I'm so sorry that you'll have to spend the 3-month anniversary of your TKR in a hospital bed :( At least you've been able to connect with your new OS and have him become involved with your treatment and care.

Your back issues must be even more painful than your knee, and I hope you're able to get enough happy juice to allow you to rest and try to recuperate.

At least going forward you have strong assurances that your insurance company should be acting in your best interest, and your fall that they will have to cover should wake them up to the fact that you do need a new knee.

Hugs & best wishes from up I-75!
 
Dear @Pescara, there have been many times in my life when I felt as if I had a black cloud following me around. A very wise, compassionate friend shared this Chinese story with me. Sending healing thoughts your way!

[Bonesmart.org] Pescara's Recovery Thread


Good Luck Bad Luck!

There is a Chinese story of a farmer who used an old horse to till his fields. One day, the horse escaped into the hills and when the farmer's neighbors sympathized with the old man over his bad luck, the farmer replied, "Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?" A week later, the horse returned with a herd of horses from the hills and this time the neighbors congratulated the farmer on his good luck. His reply was, "Good luck? Bad luck? Who knows?"

Then, when the farmer's son was attempting to tame one of the wild horses, he fell off its back and broke his leg. Everyone thought this very bad luck. Not the farmer, whose only reaction was, "Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?"

Some weeks later, the army marched into the village and conscripted every able-bodied youth they found there. When they saw the farmer's son with his broken leg, they let him off. Now was that good luck or bad luck?

Who knows?

Author unknown
 
Your poor back! I am so sorry. This rain is something else isn't it? And just wait until next week! Glad you are nestled in a safe place. May all your care be extra competent.
 
So sorry you are having to go through this. I bet it feels like two steps forward and one step back. Here's hoping they can fix anything that needs fixed without any additional pain and discomfort. I would say keep your chin up but that might not be appropriate in the circumstances.:heehee:
 
Finally got a room right across from the nurses station. I over heard one say " I wonder what the other guy looks like"lol. Already saw the OS and a plastic surgeon. I have a huge black eye interfering with my eye sight. When the swelling goes down some I get botox ! Today they will fit me with a back brace and PT tomorrow. My OS stopped by again last night to make sure I was ok. I don't remember it due to happy drugs. Thanks to @wings for finding me a great doctor. Hubby never left again last night and they gave him a bed next to me. He left long enough to walk and feed the dog. Hope everyone survives the weekend. I think I will keep my war scars:doggie:
 
@Brauzie Thanks for all the good wishes. No food again. A liquid diet only. They are treating me great. Checking on me every hour because of the head wound:chuckmarch:
 
Just looked in the mirror. WOW. I look awful and looks like I was in a boxing match!!!
 
Glad you're settled in with your husband to keep you company. Tell that man he's my hero! I'm also glad you're at the new hospital where your new OS has privileges. Being across from the nurse's station will be helpful if, heaven forbid, they are slow in bringing you your pain meds. I'm so sorry to hear about the discs and break (was it a disc that was broken?) Once that table gets a look at your face with its new battle scars, it's going to feel really guilty for being a hard table rather than a soft mattress. LOL. When you feel a bit better, could you look into sending some of that rain my way in California? We'd be happy to take some of it off your hands.

Please take care of yourself now -- no new "adventures," y'hear?
 
@Pescara you poor thing!! Glad you are getting great care and hopefully get all fixed up and back on track. Happy you are so pleased with your new OS. Sending healing thoughts your way.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom