TKR Patience not my virtue

i just remembered the name of the town: Port Elgin. yes careful in the sand ~ let's just hope the weather holds out so you can walk on the beach. we've had so much rain this spring and summer.
 
Beautiful! The musical of Carole King's life and music was awesome. AND my knee held up pretty good for the walk from the parking garage at the shopping centre, to a restaurant and then to the theatre where there were quite a few stairs to negotiate. Today I have PT so will see what that brings!
I think my bionic knee is starting to become "routine"
 
Yeah for a "normal" night out on the town - sounds like you did well. I'm looking forward to the day when I am not always thinking about what this new knee is doing, how it's feeling, if it's right, if I'm on track, yada yada yada. Hope PT goes well today.
 
glad you enjoyed "Beautiful The Carole King Musical". we all loved it too. you did great negotiating all the stairs from the parking lot, not to mention sitting in restaurant (which one and how was it?). we ate in Jazz Bistro but i didn't use the restroom there as it was down a steep flight of stairs ~ used the one at the theatre and that was something new for my new knee also, having to get up with not much to support me. good luck at physio today.
 
@liam2015 I loved the music of Carole King and didn't know the backstory previously so enjoyed that! We didn't go fancy Just ate at the Pickle Barrel as we attended the matinee and by the time we negotiated the traffic into the city we didn't have a lot of time. However my Lobster Grilled Cheese was delicious!
Knee was a little stiff last night but all in all the day was a success!
 
Yippee, I love these success stories! It sounds like you are doing really well!
 
Wow, what a fun and knee-successful outing you had @Canada35! I hope that show comes to Boston sometime this year. It sounds like you had a blast and the knee is none the worse for the outing. To me, that spells "Victory!":happydance:
 
Re using normal booth toilets:
On my first outing facing that challenge, I was -for the first time ever- happy it was a narrow booth and I held on to the walls and dispenser to lower and raise myself.
When I have crutches/ trekking sticks, I opt for handicapped WC stall. ( if available without a key.) It's happened already twice that I've waited to see a young 20 or 30 something, apparently without handicap emerging from such a booth.
Not sure if I should say anything because some handicaps are not visible.
 
Knee was a bit swollen and stiff yesterday so my PT didn't want me doing too much. I pedalled the little floor peddler for 15 minutes at 2 angles, had heat and laser treatment. No measuring!
My day at the theatre was exercise enough I guess!
Today have done stretches and ADL's only so far.
 
Ah, the low toilet. Our nemesis! I appreciate handicapped stalls now, I really do. The show sounds wonderful! I hope it comes our way. I've loved Carole King forever. How wonderful you were able to go out on the town and have the fun you had. Three months post-op and the knees are up to the task. :yes!:
 
Just when you are feeling down, you get a little gift that reminds you of the reason you agreed to this surgery in the first place. Hopefully my picture shows up. Not exactly a technical wizard lol!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Patience not my virtue
    IMG_0456.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 184
What a wonderful gift! You're a wonderful Nana, too, and now can be and do all the things, not just what your arthritis would let you do.
 
What a great gift Canada35! Very creative! I'm glad PT went easy on you.:SUNsmile:
 
awww what a lovely gift, NANA. in these parts, i'm called "nanny". i love how they used your name to place the photos inside.
 
Happy to report that after a long weekend at a beach cottage with 35 of us coming and going, I am still hanging in. I was able to manage the loose sand with no ill effects and tried very hard to do my part helping out with food and dishes without joining the ODIC!
This was the 18th year for these 3 families at the cottage and we are still growing as there is a new baby expected this year!
I didn't miss PT - I think I got enough exercise!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Patience not my virtue
    IMG_2689.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 211
Wow, what an amazing picture! Are the three families related? Everyone looks so happy and relaxed. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and, yes, you got plenty of exercise. All the best kinds!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom