TKR Patience not my virtue

it's okay @Polkadot and @Fire wolf. i decided to cancel it and had it locked because there were other threads started around the same time on the social page that i didn't see until after. :SUNsmile: will see you over there soon.
 
My new knee and I enjoyed a great day yesterday with neither one of us pushing the other to the brink! My son is a pilot, flying private jets. He had to move a jet from one city to another yesterday in preparation for a trip so my DH, me and my youngest grandson aged 3 accompanied his Daddy first by train (4+ hours) to Kingston and then flew back to Kitchener in a private jet! Fun, fun, fun!
 
Wow - that does sound like fun! I expect it was really exciting for your grandson also. Glad to hear you had a good knee day.
 
That sounds like the best day ever! So glad you were able to enjoy it without having knee issues!:happydance:
 
Thanks Kathleen @kmak81230! I hope I don't have any consequences today but so far so good. My knee doesn't seem to be feeling out of sorts yet this morning. I did ice and elevate last night when we got home. I'm learning just how far I can push without going over the edge. I am sure that the post surgery 3 month time is helping too!
 
I expect you are right about the 3 month window helping - but clearly you are a quicker learner than me as I still tend to go over the edge now and then. Isn't it nice to start to have several good days and an occasional tough day instead of the opposite.
 
Thanks Marie @Fire wolf! I am forever grateful that this knee surgery is allowing me to do things I would hate to miss like my grandson's first train ride and although it wasn't his first plane ride, it was his first with his Daddy as pilot! Whereas in the first 4 weeks I was questioning my sanity at undergoing the TKR, now I can see how right it was for me and makes the thought and decision of getting my second knee done next year an easier one
 
@Jamie - as of this afternoon I can no longer access any thread on the forum except my own. My news feed
Comes up but when I click on a thread it comes up as OOPS - and you do not have permission
This morning I had no problems but when I went back this afternoon nothing works!
Also there seems to be no place on ones thread to upload pictures any longer.
 
BoneSmart is experiencing a few glitches since the latest upgrade. We'll have to be a bit patient, as the problems are all being fixed, one at a time.
 
Celle is right. We had a lot of problems associated with a required update to our software. Our tech team is working through them one issue at a time, but it's a manual and time consuming effort. Don't worry. All functionality will be restored.
 
Wow, what an exciting day you had @Canada35! Planes, trains and....automobiles? Remember that movie? I'm so glad your knee behaved well for this adventure and it's wonderful to hear you now saying it was actually a good idea to get the TKR! Woot! Best news of the day!:cheers:
 
I need to be in that group as well! Feel like and have, said many bad words to myself and the air today! So mad im dealing with so much uncomfortable pain, swelling and numbness . All I did was go to a 4 hour concert for my birthday Wed.. Like 100 degrees and humidity. I kept up my smiles. Son and daughter n law would have been crushed if they knew the kind of pain i was in. Elevated and iced all i could yesterday and today - midnight and im icing for swelling and heating the numbness. Handicapped parking was great! They didn't know i shouldn't go up like 50 steps . STILL I'M glad I went. This set back shall pass. This just is not a game. Cant wait for water therapy and some d.t. massage this coming week
Thanks for letting me vent
 
wowza Canada35 ~ your son pilots private jets and you and your grandson went for the flight home? that is fantastic. i thought only people from the y&r and the b&b flew on private jets lol. i'm glad you're no worse for the wear. the train trip was probably fun too.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom