Guest viewing is limited

TKR Patience not my virtue

It's amazing what will push you to new challenges! I had to get into a store today for hair colour! Yep! That's what pushed me into shopping! And then while I was out I hit Michael's to buy frames for pictures the grands had given me for Mother's Day ( the weekend of my surgery) Now I am in the prone position on the couch, legs elevated and ice packs on.
No more adventures for today!
 
How good to get out and go shopping. I with you on the haircolor. That would make me go to the store, too. I girl has to feel her hair looks nice! That makes you better all over!
 
Paula @sistersinhim - some days I feel like such a Dud! Not that I was ever much of a shopper but 10 weeks into this process and it takes all I've got to talk myself into getting into a store! Good for the budget but not great for the psyche! I have been getting out to my grandkids games and this weekend I am going with my daughter and grandson to Ottawa which is a 5-6 hour drive. I will be riding mostly in the back seat with my pillow stack and ice packs but will be a real test of my stamina and how my knees are really doing. Lots of breaks to get out and stretch and my daughter will do the driving. Looking forward to a change of scenery!
 
A change of scenery is always a plus. It helps us to get our minds off of our knees and looking at the normal things of life!
 
A change of scenery will do you a world of good - will make you feel less like a patient and more like a regular person. Backseat riding can be quite comfortable - enjoy!
 
Pillows and ice are a nice addition to that back seat riding!
 
Back from my weekend in Ottawa. All in all a success for my upgraded knee. The trip up was spent in the backseat with legs elevated and ice packs on. I tried to concentrate on good form for the walk from the parking lot to the ball diamonds and get plenty of rest. I may have joined the ODIC on the drive home as I took over the wheel for 3 hours in stop & go traffic on the highway. All that work of brake to gas and back was the proverbial straw so today is all about rest, ice & elevation to get back to where I was!
 
I could not drive 3 hours before my surgery!! It is one of the things I hope to do again once my knee heals. I am glad you had a good time. I am excited about a friend coming tomorrow to take me on an outing to a park where we can walk and take rests on bench. Stir- crazy here
 
@cnm1 - I completely understand the "stir crazy". I am 10 weeks out from my surgery now so getting out a bit more but after that first three or four weeks of only seeing my bed and my couch basically, I was really getting cabin fever! I think pretty much everyone on this forum has felt the same way. Enjoy your company and your "walk on the wild side"
 
Even getting out for a couple of minutes can help that cabin fever so much. When you get it, you know you're starting to feel better!
 
:holysheep: @Canada35! 3 Hours of driving? OUCH, OUCH, OUCH! I know you said you had cabin fever, but probably just a 30 minute drive would take care of that, lol! Hope the ice and elevation do their magic really fast!
 
Thought I should update my Avatar from my hospital bed picture lol! Onward ho!
 
yes, you look fantastic. hope you've recovered from your trip to our capital and sitting in the bleachers watching your grandson, not to mention taking over the wheel for 3 hours. enjoy this gorgeous day ~ i'm assuming kitchener is the same as here.:SUNsmile:
 
What a beautiful smile! Out of that bed and on the move. That's you! Now, you've earned a nice rest and icing day!
 
That smile lights up rooms. Great picture for your speedy recovery!
 
@liam2015 Going to answer your question on my thread so I don't derail Pheebs thread.
The area we go to on Lake Huron is just north of Kincardine.It is a lovely beach and beautiful sunsets. I will be very careful with the sand. Hadn't previously really thought about it. It does make sense though!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom