Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

That’s great you were able to go home so quickly! How long a ride was it?
 
40 minutes in heavy traffic is not bad.

The second opinion Dr I went to was technically 1 hour and 40 minutes away. It took us 2.5 hours to get there, and 3 hours to get home. Traffic was really bad. I was glad I wasn’t fresh out of surgery!

You sound like you’re doing well. I’m so glad!
 
I called my OS office today because I have only 5 1/2 days left of my Narco 7.5 mg...that is pathetic being 5 days out of a knee revision! He only gave me 42 at discharge and I am sure he wasn't aware that anesthesia discontinued my nerve block less than 24 hrs after putting it in due to my knee buckling!!! I let the nurse know how upset I was and for the OS to call me a "red flag pt." just out of surgery was inexcusable! It really caught my husband off guard and upset him too!.

They are electronically sending a prescription for 50 more to my pharmacy.
 
Last edited:
:yay:Good job standing up for yourself and getting what you need in the early days of recovery.
 
Yay! You got a brand new knee that will be a blessing to you!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure I have an area on the back of my thigh I am watching. It is where the tape was secured for my catheter. It is raw. I think it is getting better.
 
Funny, not so funny story: it was time to get up and pee plus take my pain medication (12:30 am) in Texas. The doggie in my avatar sleeps with me and when I get up, she gets up too. My husband get's her leash to take her outside. I noticed they have been outside way too long. I open up the door to see what the matter is and doggie has a death grip on a huge grasshopper! I had to hobble outside without my walker and pry that grasshopper out of her mouth...TWICE. Once I got the grasshopper out of her mouth, my husband did not pull her away from it!!! That was exciting and now I am ready to shut my eyes because the pain meds have kick in. :dogsniff: :catbutterfly:
 
And that is an “activity of Daily Living” “exercise”!

Amazing what dogs will find, especially in the dark!
 
Yep, you have all the exercise you need for a couple of days!
 
@Josephine, the hospital went ahead and used the heavy duty Silverlon dressing over the suture area anyway. I have changed it from the original dressing per instructions. I expect an adhesive reaction (contact dermatitis) when I change it next. My question to you is, the Silverlon has to be activated with sterile saline. The Silvercel does not. Any suggestions?
 
Since I am unfamiliar with either of these products, I'm afraid not.
 
@Josephine, you wrote:
"Don't you mean Silvercel? This is the manufacturer's scrib on it
SILVERCEL NON-ADHERENT Antimicrobial Alginate Dressing with EASYLIFT™ Precision Film Technology is a non-woven pad composed of alginate, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and silver coated nylon fibers, with EASYLIFT™ Precision Film Technology; laminated non-adherent wound contact layer.
Silver is well known to inhibit infection and microbial activity. It is not an adhesive so will be held in place with bandages of some kind.", page 8 of my thread.


I thought you might have some insight on how to use Silvercel because of your above statement?
 
My revision seems less painful than my original LTKR. They were able to save the patella component. Besides the skills of my OS, @Josephine, could this be the reason why?
 
Is it common for the OS revision Dr to save the original patella component? Also, I was told the OS removed some "scar tissue". I tell you, everything feels better than the original TKR.

I was tested for nerve entrapment back in June and everything came out normal....but I bet there were nerves trapped! I can move my toes like I use to prior to the left TKR and the area on my left side of the leg near the tibial area feels normal. I am in awe.
 
If there's nothing wrong with the original patellar component (button?) why would it be replaced? Better to leave it alone. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I'm glad everything feels better this time.
 
@Jockette, I was reading the do's and don'ts on elevation and the wedge I am using now and for the previous LTKR is a "no, no". It is 22"x 22" x 8" ht. There is a big red X thru it on the page. I am a short: 5' 2 1/2 inches tall. I was looking at the lounge dr. everyone on BoneSmart likes but the medium is 18" wide x 11 3/4" ht. x 23" long. Thinking about the cool gel with memory foam. My question is since I have short legs, going from 8" to 11 3/4 " is going to be a challenge!!! It is hard enough getting my leg up on my 8" tall wedge right now. Any suggestions, @Jockette, any one?
 
Can you post a picture of the wedge you have? I’m guessing it angles up, but then has a flat top? And do you like it? Do you think it helped last time?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom