Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

It keeps saying my image is too large. I don't know how to correct it to make it smaller. It looks like this one. I like it but right now lifting my sore leg on to it....is an effort.

[Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    elevate 4.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 151
We recommend one that puts your feet higher up. You can probably add a couple of pillows at the end of yours to get your feet up higher. The higher your feet, the better drainage for your swelling will be. I used my other leg underneath my new leg to get it up that high for my Lounge Doctor. Also, you can grab your pant leg with your hand and pull it at the same time. You'll figure it out.
 
Any wedge is going to be difficult to get your leg up on by yourself until you heal more, but as you know, it will come. My husband always put my leg up on my wedge or ottoman until I could manage it myself. :roseshwr: I’m sure yours will, too.

Like sistersinhim said, try a pillow on top of your wedge and under your feet and see if it gives you a better angle upwards. A slight bend at the knee will also be more comfortable for you.

I am one of the few who couldn’t use the lounge Dr. I got one recently because my wedge is starting to wear out. I think because my leg is so used to the angle of my wedge, it did not adjust to the lounge dr’s different angle. (such a drama queen!)
 
@Jockette, @sistersinhim, my leg is elevated above my heart and I have hardly any swelling in my foot, ankle, or calf area....just a lot of bruising! Also, at that angle, it is easier for an ice pack to stay on the knee. I'm afraid I might also have a "drama queen knee" if I try to elevate my leg that high. Also, that angle could aggravate my left hip which has some issues.
 
Then you’re doing fine with the one you have. It’s all about what works for each of us.

I have low back issues, and it’s at a manageable place, and I was absolutely not going to compromise that, in this knee recovery. My healing knee was not the only part of my body that needed consideration.

Before I learned that I could say no to things at PT, I flat out said no to leg raises while laying on my back as that made my back hurt.

If this wedge is working well for you, that’s great. Little swelling at this point is great, also! And you’re so right about that angle and the ice pack staying in place.
 
I have been trying to post a picture but it says the image is too large. Any suggestions?
 
You need to reduce the size of the photo.

The easiest way I do that, is I take the picture using the camera on my phone. Then, I send the photo to my email. Usually a box will pop up before I send it, asking what size I want to send. Don’t choose original. I usually choose medium or even small, if I’m planning to post it here.

When you open the email, save the photo, the upload that one to here, as it should be small enough to work.

If you don’t have a smart phone, then I don’t know what to tell you.
 
Well I guess you got it while I was writing that last post! What did you do?
 
Different picture, lol! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My mind is too tired to try anymore....need to shut it down. Last pain pill (Norco 7.5 mg) was at 8 am.
Thinking about taking one???
 
I took Celebrex 200 mg at 10:45 am and just now took 2 ES Tylenol. Trying to see how long I can go without the heavy duty stuff. I do ankle pumps and stand at an island to do side and back lifts, 30 each. I have not done any heel slides or leg lifts because I know that would hurt. Just getting my leg on that wedge is exhausting enough. Overall, I think I am doing GREAT for a knee revision!!! :curtsey::loveshwr::yes!::wowspring::ok::egypdance::spin::spin::dancy:
 
I’m glad you finally got your pictures uploaded, and it’s nice to “meet” you!

I had a bag similar to that on my walker. It was the envy of the PT waiting room!
 
I just got out of the shower and measured my bend...90 to 95 degrees if I push it! I think that is good 11 days post revision!

My extension is already + 0,
according to Josephine's way of measuring. :yes!:
 
Last edited:
That is good! So now you don’t have to push it! :wink:
 
I think that's very good, too! My walker had a basket underneath a seat. That was very helpful. I was able to put my ice machine on it and roll it into the kitchen to replenish my ice supply! I also put my foot plates on it and my bottle drinks inside the basket, along with my phone.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom