Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

I took my kindle and couldn’t concentrate enough to read at all. But I did take my iPad which meant I could be on Facebook and shop on line etc. Also, I had a comfort height toilet in my bathroom that was perfect.
 
@Cementless, sorry to hear your toilet riser is uncomfortable. I hope you can find another that works. Even this one you have is better than not having one. I had comfort heigh toilets, which are a blessing.

I'm another person who couldn't read at all immediately (and for several weeks) after my surgery. I did a lot of internet browsing -- spent lots of time here on BoneSmart -- and watched oldie TV shows which didn't require a lot of brain power to follow. All I needed in rehab (and hospital) was my phone.
 
I had a portable toilet and I took out the toilet seat and just used the rails over my own potty. I had a raised one in the den bathroom that worked out just fine.
 
Well @Jockette , I thought I was shopping on line! When the time came to wrap Christmas presents I didn’t have everything I thought I had bought! But window shopping on line is totally doable, just leave your credit card at home and fill up the shopping carts. :heehee:
 
@Josephine, question about 10 mg Hydrocodone/325 mg Acetaminophen; my OS starts his revision pts. out on this combo for two weeks. Can this be safely alternated with Tramadol and Tylenol? if so, what type of schedule would you recommend?

My Oct. 3rd revision is right around the corner!!! :scary:
 
Can't sleep. Up at 3:30 am. Washing guest room comforter. Thinking about the revision and all the things that could go wrong…..can't believe I have to go thru this again. I wish I was more positive. :tiredwheel: :mcoffee:
 
My daughter came into our bed at 445am for a bad dream. Then she would not stop scratching her bug bites so I, too, for different reasons have been up for awhile. I haven’t read your entire thread but your revision reminds me a little of something my grandmother told me. She has had both knees done and her right knee done 3 times. Not sure of all the details but 2nd time she had some issue with the metal or cement(can’t remember) and when they revised it, she has not had any issues since(15ish years) She is in her 80s, active, still babysits her great grandchildren and gardens. She does not have anything bad to say about her knees and she was a big cheerleader for me when I went to have mine done...that reminds me that I need to call her today. One thing I can say about her is that she is a tremendous woman of faith and extremely positive which she will credit to her recovery. Her cup isn’t half full, it’s overflowing. Just thought since I am up and bored that I would try and throw a little encouragement your way! I hope all goes well for you!
 
Hugs and prayers for you, @Cementless, I know I would feel just like you do, in the same situation. My revision looms somewhere in my future.

Last Friday evening I decided I would call on Monday (yesterday) to make an appointment for a third opinion. Saturday I woke up in a panic thinking I just can’t do this again. Not until I have no choice. I did not make the call yesterday.

We are all thinking of you and will be with you in spirit.

One of my most dreaded check ups was my 7 month check up. My surgeon always put my knee in a painful place to measure. It hurt the most at my 4 month one. I decided I would not allow that again. I don’t like confrontation but I was done being hurt. I was so stressed for weeks approaching the next appointment at 7 months. So on the day of the appointment I pretended that all my Bonesmart friends were there with me, riding in the back seat of the car, and lined up sitting on the table in the exam room, the table that I was NOT getting onto this time. It was a comfort to visualize this.

So you do the same, picture us right there with you. :console2:
 
Hi @Cementless, the day before surgery is a struggle of nerves. I was there last week. But I kept telling myself this MUST be done, for me to have any chance of a “normal “ life. You have done all you can to be prepared, now it is time to put your trust in your team. In 48 hours you will be discussing coming home and starting your new life! I am sending 1 huge hug your way and can’t wait to see your first post post-op. :friends:
 
Thank you ALL for such lovely thoughts....you are comforting me! :flwrysmile: :loveshwr:

@Jockette, I love your visualization....going to try that!!! :friends:

@Josephine
Cementless said: ↑
Can 10 Narco/325 mg Tylenol be safely alternated with Tramadol and Tylenol? if so, what type of schedule would you recommend? You said:
"It wouldn't be my personal first choice but if it works, why not!" I don't understand your response, could you clarify please. Right now, I don't even have that option.
 
I don't understand the question, Cementless. What is it you want to know?
 
Good luck tomorrow, cementless! I'm sure you'll do just fine.:thumb:
 
You’re getting fixed right now as I type. Just read your thread. You are brave, intelligent, and tough! All will be good. Let us know how you’re doing when you get back on BoneSmart.
:flwrysmile:
 
Hi all!:wave:
I made it to the other side!!! It is 3:40 am and I am doing well. Just put on some

make up...the OS makes rounds early.

I had a nerve block plus a general. I ask for the Narco at 9:30 pm. Revision was at 3 pm. Got to the room around 7 pm.
They gave me Narco 10/Tylenol and 300 mg of Gabapentin. 30 mins later I was extremely nauseated. They had to call my OS to get something for nausea. 10 mg of Narco is too much for me. Going to ask for 5mg next time.

More later, going to rest. Oh my catheter leaked a little. :heehee:
Later,
NOT CEMENTLESS ANY MORE!!!
 
So good to hear from you! You sound great! Make up already and a giggling emoji! :console2:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom