Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

When I had my RTKR the opioid epidemic was not an issue, but the drs were still only giving 2 weeks of prescriptions at a time. If the compression hose hurts or cuts into you just let the dr or staff know. As far as the glue, do you think that’s in your file? I think most docs take a good look at allergies before cutting, I’m allergic to penicillin, had an infection with emergency surgery and multiple docs caring for me, but I was given no penicillin so I know that was in my file.

I think it would be wise to make time for that appointment, it will help you to feel less anxious. I did better pretending it wasn’t going to happen until the night before. :shrug:
 
@KarriB, yes the glue/adhesives is in my file but the OS did say "to remind him the day of the surgery" and I am the last surgery of 10 that day! I really don't have time to see him the day before....too much to do to get ready. It would be more stressful waiting around to see him and a long drive to and back. Not worth it. I have milked answers out of the medical assistant and know what the OS thinks. I'm sure the OS will come up with the right pain meds but a qty. of 50 for 2 weeks is a little on the weak side, esp. for a revision.

I am feeling better just venting on this board. I have had a lot of stress this week. My husband just had a manometry (procedure to measure the acid in his stomach) and a GI Endoscopy with a Bravo (capsule placed on his esophagus) to measure the acid in his stomach. This was done on Tuesday starting a 8:00 am to 1pm. It was a long day. He has to wear the monitor for 2 days, so we have to return it today after 12:15pm. Trying to figure out why he has been hoarse for 11 months. A worry.

I am up at 4 am this morning because our doggie threw up in the bed and I am washing sheets. I have to do all this again the day before surgery! :alarm: :yawn::dogsniff:
 
I heard back about the wedge and was told we can’t order one. :cry:
 
I better take really good care of the one I have. It’s the only one Miss Drama Queen Knee will accept.
 
I am up at 4 am this morning because our doggie threw up in the bed and I am washing sheets.
I had that last Friday night, just about the same time, with one of my kitties. The joys of being a 'mama'!
 
I do think the pain medication is what docs are “allowed” to do now in the US. I would ask if/when you get another script for pain meds. Someone will have to pick up the script in person and usually people can get another at their 2 weeks checkup.
 
Thinking about packing my suitcase for the hospital. Just shaved my legs. Tonight will be my last blood thinner (Eliquis 5mg) until 10/4. Silly question: should I pack a book to read? I know I will be heavily medicated and my eyes will be blurry.....no need for a book. Anxiety is building.

I have noticed since my LTKR, I have small varicose veins. Maybe I should wear those terrible TED stockings post surgery!!!
 
Wishing you all the best @Cementless next week. I say no to the book. I found it very difficult to concentrate after surgery, whether it was a book, tv, or even listening to someone talk! With all the medication and after- effects of Anastasia, it just didn’t work for me. Keep yourself busy over theses next few days and surgery day will be here before you know it. You got this, see you “on the other side”:flwrysmile:
 
I took my Kindle to the hospital and all I did was read the same paragraph over and over! I spent more time on Bonesmart, getting encouragement from my fellow posters! Someone is available 24 hours a day!
 
@sistersinhim, I think I have trouble logging on to BoneSmart with my cell phone. I won't be able to remember my password!
 
I took my tab, and told it to remember my password! I know I would have forgotten it if I couldn't even remember the last paragraph I read!
 
Did any of you have to use BACTROBAN OINTMENT for a total of 10 days: rub ointment in each nostril morning and evening: Before surgery: 5 days before, 1 day of surgery, Following surgery: 4 days after.
 
No, I was not given that ointment. Amazing how different all our experiences are!

One of the best things about my hospital stay was that I had them turn off the TV as soon as they brought me into the room, and yes, it was on even though it was a private room, so no one was there. The TV stayed off the entire time I was there. (at home it is on way too much, it drives me crazy) I figured it was my surgery, my recovery, my room and my TV, and I called the shots. It was blissfully quiet!

Best wishes for a hospital stay that goes the way you want it to. :console2:
 
I used the bactroban ointment for 5days including day of surgery, none post operative. This is what makes this forum so interesting, different preop and post op procedures.
 
@Mutti3, how far did you put the Bactroban ointment up your nose? :heehee: It says to use sparingly.

Also, I cannot log on to BoneSmart on my cell phone. It says I am not allowed. :shrug: What say ye Forum administrators?
 
Also, I cannot log on to BoneSmart on my cell phone. It says I am not allowed. :shrug: What say ye Forum administrators?
That’s interesting. I only use my phone, and use my phone’s internet browser. And, I never log out.
 
As I remember, it was last year. I put the ointment on a q-tip and twirled it around in my nose Maybe 1/2 inch up, always within comfort.
 
@Jockette, I uninstalled the BoneSmart app....it never worked. I can log on via google/the internet. Thanks! :friends:

Here is another dilemma: I purchased a toilet seat riser and I am finding it hits right where I have varicose veins under my L knee. I have been trying it out for the past week and the under part of my thigh and underside of the knee has been hurting/sore from the pressure of the toilet seat riser. I am 5' 2 1/2" tall and I remember how painful it was to squat on the toilet after my LTKR. Not sure what is worse...might have to remove it. It will be good exercise squatting post the revision (but painful).

Also, my B/P has been running low: 83/48. Pulse ok at 71. Concerned about all the pain meds I will be taking. I have lost 33 lbs. since my last surgery....maybe that is why it is lower. When I took pain pills last time, it would set my AFIB off. I have not had any episodes for over 1 1/2 years.
 
If the toilet raiser is not working for you, maybe instead one of those arm things that sit around the toilet would work better for you. I did not have those this time but I’ll get them if I have a revision.

I am almost 5’7” so I definitely needed the raised seat. We had redone the bathrooms in our previous house with the chair/comfort height toilets, so other than visiting someone I haven’t used a standard low one in years. We moved in our current house 3 years ago and one of the first purchases was a raiser for the standard low toilet in the master bath. The guest bath already had the chair height one.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom