TKR Papas new knee<

Oh, I totally agree with Clara! Don't overdo. It's so easy to do just that!
 
Well here it is 3:00 in morning up again. This time the old left knee. I don't know what happened or what I did but each step sends bolts of pain up from knee. I guess it must be a sign that it truly is time to repair. Just was hoping to get by with out this. Right knee better I have been over doing.
So I have a real question for all who read this. When do most people go back to work ? I would be one of those up walking around for at least 6-8 hours, also it is about a 25 min ride with little or no traffic. I am getting static from the insurance on disability. I guess they have a master plan book that says after 7 weeks you need to go back. Just curious is all. Thanks
 
When do most people go back to work ? I would be one of those up walking around for at least 6-8 hours, also it is about a 25 min ride with little or no traffic. I am getting static from the insurance on disability. I guess they have a master plan book that says after 7 weeks you need to go back. Just curious is all. Thanks
We usually recommend about 12 weeks and then a Phased return to work
I know that some people have gone back earlier, but it is a struggle. If you are going to be on your feet almost all the time while you're working, I think it would be wisest to take those 12 weeks, if you can.

Will your surgeon give you a note, certifying that you need to stay off work for those 12 weeks?
 
@Celle yes I am off till Aug 5 then LTKR. I was asking due to someone at company put down medically ready on July 18. Only 8 weeks 3 days. Yes also doc is on my side said off till sept to begin with 16 weeks
 
It's good that your doctor is on your side.
 
Yes I think I have a very good OS !!!! I just wished he could tell me why knee gets so stiff at times ? It doesn't matter time or place or activity. It will stiffen like before from arthritis . And makes sleeping getting comfortable or walking a pain.
 
I see I'm not the only one up early...not in pain, just can't sleep. My doctor is on my side also, he would sign me out of we work as long as I need, but unfortunately my finances are not as reasonable, I have huge out of pocket expenses with this surgery, and there is some drama starting at the office with some reports needed that only I can do, so August 1st is the day, ughhhhh:tantrum:
 
@uva55 I had another almost sleepless night. I wake every 60 to 90 minutes. No comfortable position. I worry that st 4.5 weeks I should be sleeping better. I wish some folks at the 8-12 point could let us know when they started sleeping again and any advice about helping it along.

Also I am going to cancel work this week.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Barnmom22
I am entering my 9th week and still have sleep problems. I go back to work on the 1st and am wondering how I will make it on so little sleep. Course, it's not like it's never happened before! It was just like this for the past several years due to knee pain! So I ask myself why am I so worried? It's just the same-old, same-old! LOL but knowing in your head and knowing in your heart are 2 different things.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seven weeks and still up and down all night long, so I need naps during the day. I don't always get them, though. It is better than right after the surgery. I was waking up about once an hour and would read until falling asleep again. Now, I sleep a couple of hours then wake up. Sometimes I don't even have to read, just go right on back to sleep after walking around some. If I stay in any one position too long I start aching and have to get up and move around. I have to be careful moving in bed because a lot of positions are just too painful to move in to. I would love to be able to sleep all night long. But, I don't see it coming any time soon.

You did the right thing cancelling work! Smart move! I hope you make a good recovery this week.
 
@uva55 yes Clara I too was up too damn early. Knee and leg stiff and tight. Left knee pain was intense too. I work at home now some and it's ok. No pay " goodness of my heart" due to I don't want a mess. I just got the office straightened out. The GM even told my co-workers " Terry is worth more than his pay. Kind of good feeling put don't put anything on the table. So once all over and back we shall see. Sorry you have to go back. I am sure I would have a very tough time. I get worn down so fast seems like.
 
Was another rough night. Up almost every hour. Weather ? It stormed last night maybe. But seems right knee is giving me trouble under knee on backside of leg right where I think calf comes up. I can only find relief with it elevated up and laying flat on back. Unless I drop I pill or 2
 
I have pain there, also that comes and goes. I think it's all part of this ride we're on. I still elevate and ice all night.
 
Another sleepless night!!!!! I am now thinking I maybe some what dehydrated. The reason is my left calf had a small cramp this morning. I never got that on left before! I am drinking more water today to see if that helps. If so then I should start feeling better. Hope Clara @uva55 has been doing ok at work. I know that go back after off feeling. So I wish her good fortune!
 
Oh no!!!!! You don't need cramps added to the mix, do drink lots of water, I always drink lots of water but for some reason I have to make myself do it since I had surgery!

I start working next week, you can send your condolences then, hahaha :beg::bawl:
 
You will definitely have my prayers! You are almost 2 weeks behind me and there's no way I'd be able to work now! But, I think your recovery has been quicker than mine, too. No two knees are alike! But, boy is it easy to compare!
 
@uva55 i must agree Clara I force myself to drink water anytime. Not much of a water drinker ever have I been. I now have decided to time myself and force 8 oz every hour for today. We will see. Yeah I saw I misread that about work. But know I will be thinking of you!!!!
 
@sistersinhim i agree no 2 knees or people alike. I wish I could convince my disability insurance of that ! They are of a " cookie cutter" mentality I think. Everyone has a knee and the book says....... Only 6 weeks so get up and go. I say go back when I and the OS say ok
 
I know what you mean. I'm fighting my disability right now. They are trying to force me to retire and get off of DB. That will really drop down my income and increase my outgo money. But, they don't care. You can't fight big business.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom