TKR Papas new knee<

Good luck on getting going on the left knee. Once it's done all that arthritis pain will be behind you and only better days ahead!
 
Sorry the RLS means you can't ice. :(
 
I was wondering if anyone else has RLS and TKR ? If so what do you do to relieve the leg movement and how do you make it better? It's making me crazy cause I can't sit or lay down
 
Started using the pickle juice. Nothing yet but will give it time. I have noticed the more dill pickles I ate the less It was noticed. Knee still hurting and warm. Seems very tight tonight as well. O S to call tomorrow about left knee surgery and date.
 
You can also try putting a bar of soap at the foot of you bed under the sheets, it is an old wives tale. My husband swears by it.
 
Just put the unwrapped soap at the foot of the bed under the bottom sheet so it is out of your way. Have you called your OS and let him know, there are medications they can give you.
 
@Pumpkln yes he knew before my surgery. They being OS only used what had been previously prescribed. I continue to use them but sometimes beyond working. Thanks will try soap
 
Terry,
Doing the other knee was just awful, I knew too much about the process I guess, I almost bailed on the op.
Day 1 was nasty, the whole nerve block wearing out, I don't ever wanna do that again. Of course, I only take 1/2 of pain pills, so it's my bad.
Today, day 2, home,it is so much better, so no hard feelings remaining from yesterday.
Take all of the pain melds and it might be nearly pleasant.
Ted
 
@teacher ted I just found out yesterday my OS wants to do left one Aug 5. I am going for it as left is getting weaker and I feel it is holding back right. I was thinking about you and surgery. Glad it went well. Understand about knowing to much.
 
Terry,
I climbed upstairs to do some "work" (I fell asleep after maybe 1 hour sitting straight up with both feet on the desk, that coulda gone badly) and this was only 4 days out and I walked mostly with the cane, so the older new knee seems a lot more fit than I figured. The o,d one is sore tonight but I can take pain melds again!!!!!! Amazingly, I was only able to sleep comfortably 2 nights before the 2nd TKR, that was wicked close. Wicked in Maine means"very".
The new knee, swelling aside, is wicked decent.

So get that knee done, it's really only 1 crappy day, and you'll not have arthritis again. Don't be weak of heart like I was.
Ted
 
And when that 1st week of August rolls around, try to treat the new TKR as gently as you did the old TKR. I overdid yesterday, Increased meds and ice and still had 2" of bleeding thru the bandage. Now doc has me laying low.
 
Please be careful with your new infant. He needs lots of tender loving care, as you well know!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom