TKR Papas new knee<

@sistersinhim i just got a copy of the letter to my OS from disability. I guess he told them a few things cause I got a call stating I am off till further notice and my short term is changing to long term once surgery is " officially " performed. The " woman" I deal with has a very bad attitude. Laughed when I said you sent the forms to wrong Doctor. Then said " oh well " and took off for 3 days and no one else could help!! Needless to say I was a little warm over that. I feel for you. I understand the struggle.
 
Oh, thank the Lord you got on long term DB. Now, you can take your time and heal at your knee's on pace!
I turn 65 next month so the company wants me off of DB. I've been on long term for a while because of my knees. But, I found out about this the day I came home from the hospital from my replacement. They should have notified me way back in January so I'd have more time to make arrangements. Oh well, God will provide. HE always has!
 
Ok. I haven't posted anything for a day or so. Here's why, right leg n particular the muscles have been so tight they hurt. I haven't slept again for a few days. I just don't know how I could have over done it ? I just stayed home and walked indoors. No vigorous therapy, actually cancelled Wednesday session. I will go today. I have been just a couch potatoe today. Found out late last nigh if I elevate leg on a stack of pillows on sofa it feels good. I have done nothing today. And it isn't all that bad. I still have some pain but nothing like it was
I just can't figure out why the muscle hurts so much ? I try to stretch some but the pain so I gave quit. Any ideas or suggestions would be great
 
I'm sorry things are so rough...I hope you get better soon!

Why don't you tag Josephine, maybe she has some suggestions.
 
@Trppr1231
Although we advise you not to put heat on your knee, you can use it on your muscles. Doing that might help with some of your muscle pain.
 
Has heat helped your muscles? I had some weird muscle pain come out of nowhere, and used a heating pad. Took a few days, but it really helped. Now I'm back to just knee pain!
 
@birdwatchr @Celle thanks. I have not tried it. Seems like most of muscle ache is on outside of right thigh. Some on top to at times but they part that gives pain is thigh outside. Also the calf right under knee bend.
 
@uva55. Clara I slept descent last night on sofa most times leg elevated. I did finally move to bed and finished the night there. I kept thinking some of my muscle pain was due to dehydration. But I don't think so. They are just so tight.
 
My calf and thigh muscles are still a little sore, I massage the area in the morning and before bed, and it seems to help a little.

I'm glad you were able to get some rest last night!!
 
Well the heating pad works for top of thigh great !!! The side muscle not so good. Been sleeping ok last night. Saturday was tough, birthday party for grandson but legs hurt a lot. I touched it out. He was happy with all of presents. I am excited and nervous about Friday. Not sure why nervous except the surgery. But anyways. My friend @uva55 Clara I hope work is not too overwhelming and you are ok. I pray it goes good.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Suz
I am glad you are getting some relief. Happy belated birthday to your grandson, I'm sure he enjoyed his pecial day.

I am taking my lunch break now... the knee is not hurting, but it is feeling tighter, I am elevating as much as I can elevate, and I have 3 ice packs that I am rotating through. I should be able to bake it thru the end of the day...

I will be cancelling the PT appointment scheduled for after work!! I don't know what I was thinking, LOL
 
Wow. Slept good last night. Had to take an ocy pill but muscle pain is low this morning and the much needed sleep. Going to take it easy today as I have pt afternoon and tomorrow then it is wait till surgery. May try to do one last thing with grandson before Friday and school starts. He deserves it. Took care of me all summer without a single complaint. None nothing. Most kids I know would have been upset after first few weeks. He is special.
 
Sleep wasn't happening last night. Therapy was great though. Therapist knew about the tendon,ligament or muscle down outside of leg and worked it. Felt better out of there than ever. But bed time different as heck. Cali ached side of thigh ached again. Not sure what's the issue.
 
Glad you are getting some sleep..

In sure your grandson will enjoy doing something special, he sounds like a wonderful young man, I'm sure you have been a great example to him, hence his behavior!
 
Why oh why does sleep have to be so elusive! I'm right there with you, up and down all night! I pray that all of us start having some really good nights!
 
Well tomorrow is the day for left knee. Kind of nervous more so than on right. Therapy has got the tendon on outside of thigh a lot more relaxed. The knee itself feels ok. But got me good on left. One of the stretches they gave me do with right foot on chair and squat down some. Put a lot of pressure on knee and I finally said no more of that. Got ROM on right up to 115 constantly. When I return they advised we will still work on the right one. Right now, honestly, I just want it all over and get back to work doing things here at home and LIFE ...
 
Good luck tomorrow. I'll be looking for your post.
 
Back
Top Bottom