THR Palin21bug - Groin pain

Thank you Josephine and Layla. I appreciate all of your help more than you can possible know.
 
Hello Josephine, was wondering what do you think about the burning I was describing?
 
Obviously you never noticed my foot note in my questions
other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).
Okay?
 
@Layla ,
goid morning yesterday was a pretty good day today that calve is thight and burning feel the tightness up to butt. does it sound like maybe siatic nerve?
 
Good Morning @palin21bug
I'm sorry you're struggling with this. A few things....
Have you stopped the exercise and PT as Josephine advised? If not, please give it a try. What's to lose?

Is your pain relief sufficient? If not, try Josephine's recommendation in her response to you.

Are you icing enough? If I was sitting down, or lying down, I was icing. How long do you ice per time?

Since you forgot to mention "burning" as one of your forms of pain in your response to @Josephine, let's ask her to please re-visit with that new revelation. I've tagged her for you so please check back in the event she has questions.

I hope you find relief soon. :console2:
 
I think Jo has already addressed this in her questions to you. Post op pain including burning. Are you taking your pain medication as prescribed and around the clock?
 
Good morning everyone. It's 16 days today since THR. I just seem can't to get going in morning. just stiff and sore. Can't seem to put too much pressure on that leg. How long before it gets there?. I just want to feel normal again.
 
Good Morning,
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Wondering when you see your OS again?
Would you consider calling the office of your OS to describe your pain and see if they can advise?
It's hard to read you're still suffering so. They may be able to offer you some peace of mind.
Hope you'll consider making that call....
Stay in touch.
@palin21bug
 
Well I went on Monday he said it will take time. I know its only 2 weeks and 2 days just feel like I can't put a lot of pressure on it. Still limping but I also still have to use walker
 
Hi again,
If it's any consolation, please know that you're not the only one limping and using a
walker at only two weeks post op. Since you continue to suffer the pain you describe, I'm wondering if
your meds should be adjusted? That may be reason enough to check in with your OS again by phone...
@palin21bug
 
Any better today? Even a teeny, tiny bit better?
Sure hope you find relief soon so you can move forward in comfort.
Wishing you a peaceful day!
@palin21bug
 
Good morning. Yes, it's getting there! I have a little less burning in calf. Still have some and that pulling sensation near butt down leg. I really think its sciatic nerve its so tight. I have.not been doing to many of home exercises. I start outside physical therapy on Monday so we shall see how that goes. But if it hurts i will tell them to stop.

I try walking as much as I can. But I still feel like I can't put a little bit of weight on it.☹ I still limp with walker though I'm trying not to. It takes me a while to get going in morning, I know that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you're seeing improvement, albeit small, you're heading in the right direction.
I'm happy to hear you'll be vocal at PT if things feel out of your comfort zone.
You're the boss at PT....Give em (you know what) if necessary :heehee:
A great weekend to you!
@palin21bug
 
Thanks Layla. Just need to get thrrough that discomfort burning and tightness. Have a great weekend
 
@palin21bug
You'll get there I promise!
I could not transition off my walker fully until about week 4 1/2.
The transition to the cane was at least 2 full weeks and a couple days. I felt like it would never happen.
But guess what it did!
I used the cane in the house and walker outside for my long walks so I could concentrate on form/gait, while staying stabilized with the walker. Then I used two canes and that was so helpful. Also make sure your walker is tall enough and you're not hunched over it.
Mine was adjusted early on for me and made a world of difference to as to how my back felt.
Today I am at 7 weeks and transitioning to from cane to walking without and again it is a transition.
Don't despair and don't compare! You'll get there!
 
@BeBe,
I'm 2 weeks 3 days. I try and move walker ahead and took 3 steps very small just feel wobbly. Like I feel some pulling in front thigh. I don't feel secure yet. I'm still limping.
 
That's all perfectly normal. You said yourself you are only 2½ weeks out.
You won't get beyond this until another 2-3 weeks have passed.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom