THR Palin21bug - Groin pain

Hello everyone can walk without walker but still not quite strong enough. I will try to get therapy to get me on cane. My husband tells me stop limping but I feel i cant. I don't want to hurt myself by continuing to limp.
 
Still have some burning that static nerve ease sometimes, but I feel that pulling tightness in butt all the way down leg.
Did any of you feel heal pain??
 
Hi there...
You're not limping on purpose. Remind your husband of that. Who wants to limp for no reason? No one.
Try heel toe walking for the limp. It works!
You have to concentrate on it EACH TIME YOU WALK. You let your heel strike the ground first, followed by toes.

Wondering who diagnosed your sciatic pain? I don't recall having the pain you describe but we're all different and all heal at different rates. What are your OS and PT offering as opinions on the pain you're dealing with?

I hope you have a good day!
@palin21bug
 
@palin21bug
Hi
Just checking in and wondering how you are doing?
It's been little while since you posted an update.
Time marches on even if we are relearning how to
march!
I do still have some sciatic issues but mine are from spinal stenosis and
just a crumby spine in general. Plus my left hip is now bad.
Hope your PT has been gentle and helping your mobility. Every week
brings us further recovery, hope yours has been going well.
 
Hi @palin21bug
You've been quiet. I hope it's because you're out kicking up your heels :dancy: :spin::happydance:
No...not really :heehee: but sure hope you're doing okay.
Give us a quick update when you're able. Would love to hear how you're doing.
Wishing you a nice holiday weekend!
 
Also wondering how things are going.
I missed wishing you a happy one month hipversary! So I'll wish it now.:happydance::wowspring::happydance:

Hope all is getting better and better.:SUNsmile:
 
@Layla @Mojo333 ,
Hello hipsters in doing so much bettered i had a very sore Saturday i think from Fridays therapy still having some burning in leg. Not as bad as it was from after surgery...praise god. Still have some tightness from butt down leg but getting a lot better. I will keep you all posted. Hope all is well.
 
Happy to hear you're doing better @palin21bug
May it long continue! Please stay in touch.
A great week to you :)
 
@BeBe,
Hello I'm doing good...I have good and bad...one day good next day bad. It's the pulling burning from butt down calf. It's the sciatic nerve. So hopefully it will get better soon!!!! It's 5 weeks . Hope all is well. Best of luck
 
I did..when laying in bed or reclining ...I think due to propping up pillows under knees caused pressure on them.
I decreased height of pillows some and put a small rolled up sheepskin under ankles and heels to take pressure off.
 
Hello did any one experience static pain my God it hurts so bad today I could barely walk or get in car to sit. It's so painful. Just got in bed to sleep my butt touched the mattress to sit to lay down so painful trying to bring leg in bed just so tight the sciatic ...!laying in bed heels hurts. I'm 5 weeks and 1day
 
I suggest you see your doctor because this sciatic pain maybe unrelated to your hip surgery. It doesn’t sound right to me. Even if it’s hip related you should be getting some treatment for it like gabapentin etc.

Please see someone about it...sciatica down to the heel is bad.
 
I agree with, Gidget, above @palin21bug
At least touch base with the PA if you can't speak with your OS.
Explain you've been plagued with the sciatica symptoms since your THR and you're
not convinced it's related.....go from there, at the very least.
If you can get an appt to see him, even better.
I wish you luck and hope you find relief from the pain soon.
 
Hi :wave:
Wondering how you're doing this week. I know you were pretty miserable last week with
Sciatica. Has there been any improvement, or were you able to talk to your OS or PA?
Hope you find some relief soon so it's not stalling your recovery.
Leave us an update when your able. We care....
@palin21bug
 
Went to my doctor today he said i have no restructions. We talk again about the sciatic he is trying me on some different meds . If it doesn't clear soon may try injections. I do have heel pain. Anybody else have heel pain ?
 
Happy Tuesday!
I did have heel pain in the leg opposite my op leg. It went away for a month after my THR
likely because I wasn't on my feet as much. Mine is in relation to a tight Achilles' tendon and I have exercises for it. I'd mention yours to the OS next time you visit and let him advise. It could be many different things...
Enjoy the week!
@palin21bug
 
@palin21bug
So sorry you are having to recouperate with sciatic issues too.
Hopefully the medication will provide some relief so you can
continue to move forward with recovery.
I can get it down to my heel on left now if I'm too active and not careful
about body mechanics.
mine is better but not gone on right since surgery though but took awhile.
My OS had me restart Aleve so that is helpful.
 
Well my is started me on steroid pack to see if that will help with inflamation...and I will see a pain management doctor on Monday to see about getting a steroid injection...the burning just won't go away and I'm still limping!!!!!!!!! i will be 7 weeks on next Tuesday. I keep praying to God for it to go away and I can start walking normal again and enjoy life and feel good again. I would like to excercise and lose weight.
 
Back
Top Bottom