THR Palin21bug - Groin pain

:hi:
Sure hate you are having trouble with sciatic nerve.
I hope the injection eases it off.
Lots of us were/are still limping at two months out.
Praying with you that this is just a hiccup in these early days.
Try not to worry...:console2:
 
I'm sorry you're still struggling at 7 weeks post op.
It sounds like you have a plan and hopefully it brings you relief..
I'll also pray the burning pain soon resolves so you're able to move forward.
The exercise and weight loss will come. Please let us know how Monday goes.
Hugs
@palin21bug
 
I'm trying not to get discouraged not sure what I should expect now. At 7 weeks this tuesday...what I should and shouldn't be doing??? Any one can help me.
 
Hi @palin21bug
Want to wish you luck with your appt with the pain management doctor today.
I'm sorry you're still suffering pain, I hope he has answers for you.
Try the heel toe walking for the limp. Heel hits the ground first, followed by toes.
My PT recommended it and it helped me but it takes concentration. Please try it.

Some common supplements for joint health are:
Omega 3 fatty acid (fish oil)
Calcium
Vitamin D 3
I have heard people with low Vitamin D levels suffer joint pain more frequently.
Have you had your Vitamin D level checked lately?
Also....I'm sure you heard of the old standbys of Glucosamine and Chondroitin.

Do some online research and see what you think. Don't lose sight of the fact that you're still in the early weeks of recovery. There's a lot of healing left to take place.

A great week to you. Stay in touch!
 
@Layla I will thank you. Pain specialist will give me a injection as soon as approved. He feels it's the piriform muscle. I know I'm not spelling it right - it runs near sciatic nerve. Irritated from surgery and limping for a while. Pray it works.

Vitamin D was great. Just had all that checked. But will read up on remaining. Thank you!!
 
Hi @palin21bug
Here's an article on Piriformis Syndrome
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/piriformis-syndrome-a-pain-in-the-butt.9837/

Prayers the injection will bring you relief. Seems like you haven't had a moments peace with this.

I suppose your Vitamin D level would be good living in sunny Cali unless you're a hermit.
A lot of us have to supplement in my area during the Winter because we do tend to hibernate
up here in the frozen tundra :heehee:

Hope you have a nice evening!
 
Surprisingly, there’s a lot of people in Oz with low Vit D. A lot of people avoid the sun because we have the highest skin cancer rates in the world.
 
Do native Australians call Australia, Oz? Funny :heehee: Why? Just nosy curiosity.
I'll bet many need to supplement D3 there then?
Hope you're having a good week, @Gidget

Hope you're having a good week too @palin21bug
Hang in there, it will all get better. Still early days in the whole scheme of things.
 
HELP!!!!!! Anybody out there experience this after hip replacement? it's 3 months yesterday. I had LTHR on April 24th 2018. Since 3 days after surgery and meds from surgery started wearing off burning down butt all the way down leg and heel pain.

Tried lyruca, neurontin, steroids by mouth. Nothing helping. Had a steroid injection June 24th and another steroid injection July 23. It''s 3 days no relief yet. I had hip replacement to get better. I have not been able to enjoy my new hip yet.

The burning never stops!! Sitting down, standing up, walking, all is painful. The only relief I get is from laying down. I need help is it sciatic or piriformis??

I went today for checkup. He knows all of this. He mentioned that it's possible may a nerve is stuck from surgery??! I never heard of this. Is there someone that can shed some light please? I'm in so much pain. I just want to live again and stop making my family miserable because I am.

What else could it be????
 
Oh no, I don't like to hear you are still in pain.
I went today for checkup he knows all of this he mentioned that it's possible may a nerve is stuck from surgery??!
What did he suggest? Does he think it's something that can still resolve on its own?
Tried lyruca, neurtion, steroids by mouth...Nothing helping. Had a steroid injection june 24th and another steroid injection july 23 it's 3 days no relieve yet.
It sounds like you've tried to treat the nerve pain with the obvious medication?
Can you see a neurologist?
 
No real answer yet. Going next week for a nerve conduction test. Hip ortho said maybe there is a stuck nerve - I don't know any more
 
I'm sorry you're still struggling @palin21bug
I sure hope you find answers soon and an end to your pain.
Please let us know how the test goes next week.
Sending hugs :console2:
 
I'm sorry things are still so miserable?:console2:
You've truly had a rough recovery.
I do know the injections can be a few days before truly helping.
What were the results of your test?
@Josephine will need to know these things too in order to give you some advice! Along with your activity level.
I had an issue this past week I am attributing to piriformis syndrome but some icing and stretching exercises seem to be easing mine.
Your situation sounds much more dire. Try to be very specific about any details she may need like what doctor said and your current activity and meds.
What was your take on any of the above articles left for you regarding possible offending issues? Do any of them sound like how you are feeling?
Wish I knew how to help more!
 
I'm so very sorry you are still struggling with such awful pain.
It has been a long time to feel so miserable.
Hoping Josephine may have some advice for you.
Did your surgeon explain how he intends to get to the origin of your pain so it can be resolved?
Prayers for your comfort and permanent relief from the suffering.
@palin21bug
 
I'm going today to see another surgeon that my hip doctor is sending me to.
Please pray for me to get relief
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom