THR Palin21bug - Groin pain

Palinbug.
Click on the link Jo left you.
I had an issue with this...very recently and though short lived and not as chronic as yours...the stretches actually worked! I was skeptical...and they were kind of awkward...just do them super easy...see if it helps.
 
Hope today is a better day, bug.
Let us know what you find out if you get an appointment.
Wishing you a better weekend:console2:
 
@palin21bug
How are you? Did you try the stretch? Did you get any relief from that or the shot?
I've been worried about you
 
Hi @palin21bug
Wondering how you're doing these days?
How did the nerve conduction test go and what did the new surgeon advise?
I hope you're on your way to finding some relief.
Please know that we're here and we care.
Hugs
 
Well I had mri hip and X-rays of hip all is well. Still having pain in left buttock can’t stand sitting down standing up burning pain deep in left buttock only relieve I have is laying down. I had a steroid injection in piriformis and 2 steroid injections tranforanimal l5 s1 no relieve at all miserable !!! some inside groin pain in left side also. Doctors can’t figure it out. They are thinking a trapped nerve I don’t know and if so what can be done??!! They are sending me to a specialist next Tuesday orthooedic and he also specializes in hips!! Since I had left total hip April 24th 2018 still hurting different pain just deep left butt pain burning down side of leg down to knee and to feet and some heel pain. I pray they can figure it out
 
Oh no...palinbug.
No answers yet and still in pain.
Do you have some medication for nerve pain. (You might've said before)
I am sending prayers that Tuesday they will be able to figure out what they need to do to provide you relief.
:beg:
 
Prayers they figure it out for you. So very sorry you're still suffering 4 months post op.
My heart goes out to you. I hope the Orthopedic specialist can figure out what is at the root of your pain.
Will be thinking of you next Tuesday. Please let us know how it goes.
Wishing you comfort. :console2:
@palin21bug
 
Yes I have tried all meds for nerve pain nothing worksit’s been miserable. I pray and hope this doctor can figure it out
 
Has anyone mentioned the piriformis muscle, as Josephine suggests could be the issue?
Your symptoms certainly fit.

Piriformis syndrome is a neuromuscular condition which can cause posterior hip pain, deep buttock pain and even shooting pain down the back of the leg. Piriformis Syndrome is commonly misdiagnosed. ... The sciatic nerve runs down the back of the leg with nerve endings leading all the way to the foot.


Going to keep my fingers crossed you get this attended to as I know this can be an extremely painful condition...but not necessarily a prostheses problem which IS good!
Healing hugs:console2:
 
Hi @palin21bug
Thinking of you and wondering about your visit with the specialist.
Any progress, ideas, or relief?
Please leave an update if you're feeling up to it. Would love to hear how you're doing.
A great weekend to you!
 
Yes @palinbug
I do hope you pop in and tell us how you are...Even if it's not better...we worry for you!:friends:
 
Hi @palin21bug .
Hope you had a Good Thanksgiving!
Just thinking of you and wondered if you were any better?
 
Hello everyone.... im writing in concern I had a left hip replacement April 24 2018 and back surgery oct 30 2018 I been having some left groin pain not everyday though but the back of both my legs hurt so bad!!!!! Some days I can’t stand to stand on my feet the heels hurt so bad not sure
What’s going on!!!!!
 
You must feel pretty overwhelmed---sorry you are having so much discomfort! It's really complicated when you have multiple issues going on, and more than one surgery you are recovering from. Have you checked back in with your surgeon/s to see what they think?
 
Hi @palin21bug
I'm responding here because the Recovery thread you started today will be merged here with your original.

I'm really sorry you're still struggling. It seems things have never been quite right since your THR surgery.
Did you find any relief since you last posted at the end of August and before your back surgery four months ago? Also your signature doesn't reflect which hip you had replaced. You mentioned groin pain on your left, was it your left hip that was replaced? I'm wondering if you've touched base with the office of your OS on any of these issues? If so, what was their opinion on all?

Let us know if you want us to tag, Josephine. I'm not sure if she can help but through some questions, she'll determine whether she can advise.
Wishing you comfort and relief from your ongoing pain.
 
Hi @palin21bug
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. We've had to merge your threads several times.
Please don't keep starting new threads.

For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on. Can you do that?
 
Back
Top Bottom