TKR Pain after 2 years

Hmm, that sounds like interesting company for your outdoor walk! Can't blame you for going back indoors though, lol!
 
Sounds like a fun walk ..lol I know what you mean about learning to walk again. I was braced up and little weight bearing for almost a year. I am still hearing "heal-to-toe" in my head when I walk a lot. :)
 
PegGar16.. I've thought about having my retired E-6 husband calling cadence for me when I practice my walk! But... I FINALLY got a good 9 hours sleep in my bed.. only woke up once for a bathroom break whoop-whoop!!
 
calling cadence for me when I practice my walk!
LOL....Just like cadence. Instead of the left - right you get the heel - toe...my husband throws in a left, left once in a while. We are also a military family, I was USN, husband was USMC. There are a few Vets on here so feel free with military humor :) Nine hour sleep is great! I bet you feel good...so don't over do it. I know it is hard to hold back when you are used to doing so much. That was one of the hardest things for me.
 
It is hard to hold back.. it's been cool with low humidity all week here ( I live in western Arkansas), and I can't ride my horse! I'm about ready to climb the walls! All I can do is watch him walk his fat butt around the pasture or just pet him in his stall! Aarrrgghhh!!! I went shopping this morning.. and could only walk for 10 minutes around the store.. guess I'm just feeling frustrated..
 
Very wise words from PegGar16! Indeed, "holding back," when feeling better is the hardest thing to do.
 
Whoa Nellie, did I just see 9 hours sleep? Seriously? There needs to be some sort of award for that!:wowspring:
 
Yep.. Pheebs52.. 9 hours! I couldn't believe myself when I looked at the clock! I actually feel almost normal today.. until I went shopping and the freaking knee started hurting. 10 minutes in. Had to throw in the towel and go to the house.
 
Great for that 9 hour nap! This early in your recovery, that is amazing!
 
If you don't have someone to shop for you do you have a grocery store that's set up to order on line and pick up at the Store? Here in Pittsburgh someone brings it right out to your car! I haven't needed to use this service, but it seems mighty handy. My sister (who did all my grocery shopping for about 3 month) will be very happy about this service when I get my other knee done.[/QUOTE
 
Have you tried buying fresh fruits and veggies that way? Do they pick out good ones for you?
 
If seen the shoppers doing the shopping. They have carts/baskets in the produce area choosing fruits and veggies. I know a lot of people who take advantage of this, including working moms.
 
You put in your comments exactly what you want. For example ripe or green bananas. Why type of apples etc. I love it!
 
And with your Kroger card it keeps track of what you have purchased before so reordering is very easy on the app.
 
The local Walmart does it in my area. They give you a number which correlates to a parking space, you call when you're there, they bring our the groceries and load them in the car.
 
Do you pay for them online? It sounds like something I could use until my foot and knee come back better!
 
Nope.. I live near a small town with only one grocery store.. and they don't offer that service. My mom works in it, so I usually just call her and tell her what I need, but I was feeling stir-crazy, and wanted to get out of the house!
 
Back
Top Bottom