Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pain after 2 years

Our pet coaches help us a whole lot!
 
Actually 10 minutes at the grocery store, combined with the trip there is pretty great at your stage. I hear you about just wanting to get out for a few minutes. And a few minutes is pretty much your limit right now--as I think you've learned.
 
Yes kneeper.. 10 minutes of walking is my limit
for right now.. but my orthopedic surgeon is an hour away, so I'm trying to build up my energy for my August 24 appointment. The truck rides don't bother me.. it's just the walking after the truck ride!
 
Both my dogs would get in bed with me to *supervise* my exercises. Then....they'd get rowdy, lol!

I agree with the others that you did well today to drive and shop and do your home exercises; kudos! I know 10 minutes is paltry, but right now it's your new *normal.* It will improve fairly quickly; you'll see!

I've been using online grocery shopping/Home Grocery delivery services for several years here and love it. We have a couple, "Peapod," which is the Stop and Shop Corp., and Roche Brothers which may only be in New England.....not sure. They have an online comments section where you can get as fussy as you'd like, and I haven't been disappointed yet. You have a choice of home delivery where they'll lug all of it in or store pick-up. Naturally, I choose Home Delivery, especially in winter which is when I use them the most. I've been getting some stuff from Amazon as well recently.
 
Pheebs52.. you're lucky to live in an area where home delivery is an option! I went to Walmart last week, and used the motorized cart. It wasn't pretty, but I didn't knock anything over and nobody died! The Dollar Tree store I went to yesterday didn't have a cart.. so I hung my cane on the shopping cart and away I went, with my son throwing things in the cart for me.
I've had lots of "blonde" moments today regarding my cane.. I keep loosing it, and my husband threatened to tie a 550 cords lanyard on it and tie it around my neck!
 
Pretty impressed with your store antics so soon !
We also order online and pick up in the store, but in my case my oldest daughter does that all still :)
At this moment I still have the luxury of not having to do it all, and for the first time in my life - I am accepting it all....
 
Nensi.. I'm proud of you.. you've learned to accept it all. I'm still fighting that concept, because I've always been so independent. It's hard to swallow your pride and ask people for help.
 
I hear ya! Constant struggle but soooo worth it !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes kneeper.. 10 minutes of walking is my limit
for right now.. but my orthopedic surgeon is an hour away, so I'm trying to build up my energy for my August 24 appointment. The truck rides don't bother me.. it's just the walking after the truck ride!
It's not quite like building strength with working out. Your energy comes back as you heal--the body has a mind of it's own so to speak in recovering from surgery. It's ok to try stuff, but then listen when the body says :no-fin:
 
Yes, I suppose I am lucky to have those grocery services, but, it's because we live in a densely populated area with LOTS of traffic and other city problems. So, you win some and you lose some, no matter where you live. Believe it or not, we don't have Walmart, lol. The small grocery store where I typically shop doesn't have motorized carts either, but the shopping carts really are a glorified walker. In fact, I like them much better than I liked my walker, but that's not saying much since I despised that thing, lol.

As for "blonde moments," let's just say I have them every day.:wink:
 
My Physical Therapist has started manipulating my "new" knee.. talk about hurts so good. It's kind of an erie feeling when she moves my kneecap around.. and it's started "popping" also. I'm now working on getting it to straighten, but with the MCL repair, we're not really pushing the issue. I'm ready for it to heal so I can get back to normal.
 
Well.. I've started taking over my barn duties again.. I can feed everything.. but I can't quite shovel poop yet (thank goodness). Baby steps...
 
Gee, what a bummer that you can't shovel poop yet, lol! Be careful what you wish for, eh?:wink:
 
You shouldn't let PT touch your knee or kneecap. It just inflames your knee. Your knee knows how to move the kneecap and doesn't need anyone doing it for her! Please don't let them do that.
 
My PT showed me "knee cap mobilizations" to do myself at home. I did them religiously with the first knee, less so with the second. This did not hurt. Both knees turned out fine.
 
but my orthopedic surgeon is an hour away, so I'm trying to build up my energy for my August 24 appointment. The truck rides don't bother me.. it's just the walking after the truck ride!
I don't think you can actually build up your energy so early in recovery, because almost all your body's energy is naturally being directed towards healing your knee. This article explains it: Energy drain for TKRs
 
Back
Top Bottom