Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pain after 2 years

My PT said the weather would affect the joint the first year the most. I’m hoping by 1 year post op the winter won’t hurt so much!
 
I’ve discovered that when I thump my new knee, it sounds like a Tupperware bowl with the lid on.. too cool! It also grosses my husband and son out.. double awesome! ( I know this is juvenile, but hey, sometimes childless works)!
 
For all the hassle it gave you from cold weather you deserve to have some fun with it!
 
I didn’t even notice!
 
Hey.. G.I. Jane here.. it’s been 13 months (surgery date is July 5, 2017) since my tkr with a mcl repair. Things are pretty good, can’t bend the “new” knee as far as the original one, but I can climb ladders, steps, into machines, and onto horses without any trouble! My beef is that I still have to wear a light compression knee brace when I’m at work, or else “newbie” will start to slightly swell 6 hours in to an 8-10 hour work day. Did I mention that I’m also walking on concrete floors? Will I have to continue this until I retire? I don’t have to wear it on the weekends, when I’m doing barn work or riding horses (or 4-wheelers).. hope I’m not just being a wimp!
 
Are you able to sit down and elevate your knee at work? I bet at home you are able to take more breaks that you are at work. Even a few minutes of elevating can be a big help. Concrete floors are bad on your whole body! No wonder your knee swells!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Pain after 2 years
your second thread titled "13 months out" and its response and merged it with your original thread. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern.

In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you have questions or concerns that need an immediate answer, please tag an admin, a mod, or other members or all three. How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, you can just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you. THANKS!


If you are having a problem locating your thread, here is a link with how to do it: How can I find my threads and posts?

Take care and keep us posted, WE CARE!
 
It’s been 2 years since my tkr with a mcl repair, and my “new” knee still hurts and swells after 8 hours on the job. I wear a pull on compression brace, but at the end of shift, it’s swollen and hurting on a pain scale of 5. I elevate it during my breaks and lunch, but Tylenol and an occasional shot of an adult beverage are the only way to calm it down. I also soak it in Epsom salts, and prop it up on my husband at bedtime..lol! Any suggestions?
 
@G.i.jane
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Sorry to hear you are having continuing problems with your knee.
Josephine is away from the forum for a bit, it may be awhile before she responds to Kim's tag.

If you haven't already I recommend you seek a second opinion for your TKR, from a surgeon specializing in Revisions, they have the education and background to determine what is happening with troubled knees. Look for a surgeon specializing in complex joint reconstruction or revisions. They should have no relationship with your present OS, not even golf buddies.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom