TKR Pain after 2 years

Why am I not surprised by this fabulous report @G.i.jane? "cuz you're Wonder Woman, that's why! Rock on and hey, get a new pair of super padded shoes....for you, not the fat horse, lol!
 
Took the "new"knee and the fat horse to a playday tonight.. the horse kept it together, but the new knee said "not tonight , Satan," so we went home early. Oh well, I've pushed it hard this week by working 6 days in a row, so I can't expect miracles! I'm pretty pleased with the "new" knee, it keeps it together until about the last 2 hours of work, then it starts to swell, but that's why Fireball whiskey was invented!
 
@G.i.jane I like to read posts and I am amazed, in awe, :wowspring:at the progress you have made thru your recovery. I am in recovery for my 3rd joint. Had hip and knee in 2014 and other hip sept 12. You have more stamina now than I do on a normal day much less in recovery. I was not quite that lucky with my knee. I can only do 106 bend but that is cold not sure what it would be if warmed up. But not much more I bet. Would like to be able to gain more but after 3 years I doubt I can. Just wanted to let you know how much I am sure you inspire others going thru the same thing. I personally wish they would take your story and put it in the amazing recovery section!
 
Thank you mystikfairy61.. it’s been a long road, with quite a few speed bumps along the way! Today it’s cold and windy outside, and the new knee is definitely NOT liking it! But, I’ll get through it with the help of fireball whiskey and a can-do attitude.
 
Well, the cold weather has finally started to set in here in Arkansas, and the new knee sure doesn’t like it! I walk like the Bride of Frankenstein for about 5 minutes first thing in the morning, ‘til I get it warmed up! But, I’m able to walk on it for 8 hours at work, and crawl around in machines and climb ladders, so it isn’t all bad. I still can’t run on it, but I can walk really fast..lol!
 
@G.i.jane ,
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
The reaction to the cold weather will go away with time, should be either gone or significantly less by next winter.
Glad you are doing well, thanks for the update.
 
Is it still common to feel fatigue 5 months out of surgery? There’s some days I just want to veg out in my recliner all day! Of course, working 48 hours a week probably doesn’t help..
 
At 9 months my knee doesn’t like the cold air either! Once I am back inside it feels happier.
 
Fatigue at 5 months. Gosh, yes. I still have the occasional day where I feel wiped out. I'm sure working as much as you do contributes to your episodes. And the cold weather... not a fan, though my knees don't complain too much. Mostly they predict a change in the weather.
 
Is it still common to feel fatigue 5 months out of surgery? There’s some days I just want to veg out in my recliner all day! Of course, working 48 hours a week probably doesn’t help..
Yes, this is part of that year long recovery process.
 
Today is a higher energy day, but there’s another cold front coming through, so the knee is a bit “finicky” today. Luckily I don’t have any initial or proficiency training scheduled today ( I’m a packer/palletizer trainer, obviously), so maybe I can baby it and catch up on some paperwork.
 
Well, ended up having to “babysit” a line at work yesterday, so I didn’t get the opportunity to pamper the knee, which then displayed its displeasure by swelling up double in size 3/4 of the way into the shift. So, when I FINALLY made it home (after fixing my hubby’s screwed up paper work), I gave it some lovin’ by elevating it and treating it to a shot of Southern Comfort.
 
Well, ended up having to “babysit” a line at work yesterday, so I didn’t get the opportunity to pamper the knee, which then displayed its displeasure by swelling up double in size 3/4 of the way into the shift. So, when I FINALLY made it home (after fixing my hubby’s screwed up paper work), I gave it some lovin’ by elevating it and treating it to a shot of Southern Comfort.
Perfect!:)..I wish you didn't even have to babysit a line at work..tou deserved that southern comfort!:)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
 
Much better.. I put an athletic brace on it today to give it some support, and it didn’t swell up as much. I was finally able to catch up on some paperwork, and am now home sitting on my kiester and getting up the energy to go take a bubble bath. It’s back to work again tomorrow, but the boss is buying pizza, so it won’t be too bad!
 
Back
Top Bottom