TKR Pain after 2 years

I'd go to work for pizza, too!

A bubble bath sounds heavenly! And great that a brace is helping to lesson the swelling.
 
We have a MAJOR cold front coming to western Arkansas tomorrow (thanks, Canada), and the new knee is definitely giving me a heads up about it! It’s stiff and swollen, but some Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire and an ice pack should make it feel better. I hope it’ll let me shop tomorrow, since the cold front is due to arrive tomorrow night.
 
My knee still hurts and feels very wooden when I am outside in the cold. I don’t like it either!
 
Those weather knees will go away in time. Mine did, thank God!
 
My first knee was a barometer for about 6 months but not since. Hang in there.
 
Thanks y’all! The front is finally here, and the knee has settled down.. it’s not hurting, just stiff.
 
Happy New Year to you, too!
 
I think my knee is a better weather predictor than the tv weatherman. It sure let’s me know when a cold front is looming!
 
As if I didn't already know, my knee tells me when it's extremely cold outside! I thought once the arthritis was gone the weather reporting knee would be gone. Not yet!
 
My pre-surgery arthritic knee never hurt in the cold, but this replaced one sure does! :tantrum:

Is it spring yet?
 
Love this topic! I always thought I was crazy when all my joints would hurt a day before any weather system came through. The funny part is the only joint that doesn’t hurt (ache) now is the new knee.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Great that you aren't having a weather knee in your new one!
 
:headbang:Just about the time the new knee has settled down.. here comes another cold front! I can’t wait until spring.. then I’ll get headaches from the tornado fronts that come through!
 
Thought I would try to work a shift without my compression brace.. BIG mistake! By the end of the night, the new knee was swollen and whiny, so, lesson learned! It’s ok “naked” for a shopping trip, or doing chores around the house, but it needs support for 8 hours on concrete floors. Live and learn.
 
There’s a MASSIVE cold front coming through Arkansas right now (we’ve had several tornado warnings), and the new knee is being whiny. I can’t wait until spring!!
 
Come visit me, it’s going to be about 60 tomorrow. I’m thrilled my knee will get a break. However it will probably be very short lived as we have rain and thunder coming in Tuesday and that upsets my knee also.

Is it spring yet??
 
I guess you’re gonna get what Arkansas is getting right now! It was 70 today, but we’ve just had severe thunderstorms and a tornado warning, and it’s supposed to be 40 in the morning.. brrr!!
 
@G.i.jane
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Back
Top Bottom