TKR Pain after 2 years

Yay, I great report from your OS! Now, you don't even have to go back unless you want to! Yippee!
 
Got a very good report today from my orthopedic surgeon. He said that I don’t need a yearly follow up, and that I’m doing fantastic! Whoop... whoop!
That’s awesome!!!

What did he say about the cold affecting you?

He said that it happens.. and I’ll prob have to deal with it for the rest of my life.
 
I will say that I have a bigger issue with getting into cold pool water than I did before my TKR. Cold weather doesn’t bother me too much, but wet weather and cold pools do. My knee doesn’t hurt with the cold pool water, I just don’t seem to be able to withstand it as well.
 
The knee is giving me fits today.. I had a bad thunderstorm come through with a small tornado spin-up. The knee told me about it before the weather man even posted a warning.. so kudos to it! I’ve had to bend and twist today a lot at work, and along with the rainy weather, it’s really painful and swollen, so I’m gonna ice it and give it some Fireball whiskey!
 
I hope your knee gets the ice and the whiskey goes into the tummy (with or without ice). my dad once told me scotch in tea was great for the cold.
 
They ought to hire us to be a weather predictor!
 
Stayed outside most of the day today since it was sooo pretty (75 degrees). I cleaned out ditches and repaired fencing, along with stacking feed and cleaning stalls.. now the new knee is letting me know that it had enough by swelling up double and hurting! I know have it propped up with a brace on it , and I’ll ice it in a few. We have another cold front coming in tonight, so I’m thinking that’s most of it’s problem.
 
I’m going to put the new knee through a workout this summer. Our local riding club is offering a buckle series, and I’m putting it on two horses to give it a good workout! Who knows, we may actually win a buckle!
 
I had to jog on the new knee this morning.. had a bad thunderstorm looming in the West, so I had to beat feet to the barn and feed the horses, barn cats and chickens, then jog back to the house before the heavens opened up. I made it with 5 minutes to spare!
 
How did the knee do after all that strenuous moving?
 
It did ok.. no whining or complaining, but it did swell on the outside kneecap for a couple of hours, so I iced it then took it shopping, since work was down due to electrical issues.
 
It did ok.. no whining or complaining, but it did swell on the outside kneecap for a couple of hours, so I iced it then took it shopping, since work was down due to electrical issues.
 
Back
Top Bottom