Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really pleased you managed to get some info. Make sure you follow instructions and some work on stationary bike does not mean the Tour de France. Have a grand weekend.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin how can you know me so well when you don't even know me?! Trust me I am following instructions to the letter. I don't want to delay my recovery anymore. Have things to do!
 
Easy pal see I would do the tour de numpty. Ask anyone.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You can work out on the stationary bike

But they want to treat it like a fracture

Sorry birdie but that just doesn't add up to me I would give the stationary bike a miss as well as it might just aggravate it again, he is the surgeon though and I really hope after two weeks on the crutches things will improve for you.

Billy
 
Have no plans for bike. Gonna stay on the crutches when I have to move and rest when I don't. It's only for two weeks.
It feels like I am starting all over again just like last year only now with a new problem. I' m going to give this every chance to be relieved but truthfully knowing my track record it won't be the end of it. I will be back on the diagnosis road again.
But will try to stay positive !!!!
 
Hi @Birdie53

I'm a kneesie not a hippie. I've been reading your posts though. I'm glad you got somewhere with your consultant.

I think you are doing the right things and being very sensible about them too.

Please take care
Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Thx! Kneesie! The support is much appreciated!
 
You will get there, these hicups are sooo frustrating and sometimes feel we have slid down that horrible slippery slope but its not far of a slip. AND you have the smartie comforter of support to aid you climb back. Keep smiling lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Wise choice birdie fingers crossed this new approach will be successful.


Billy
 
@Birdie53 I'm so sorry that I have missed all this and been MIA. Life hit me full force once I could finally get around, and I haven't been checking in as often.
How frustrating for you! I am glad that your surgeon and his assistant listened to you this time. I made my PT write him a long report when I was so stymied, in hopes that he'd listen better to her than me.
I might be out of bounds here, but I would like to suggest acupuncture. I attribute my turn onto the right path to my treatments, and then my PT worked with me from there. It seems to really help my muscle issues; at the first treatment, I could already feel my muscles humming like they were working the correct way finally.

I am glad that you're just resting as much as you can. You need to get on the other side of this; I certainly know that!
Many hugs,
Lynn
 
@Legin i know it's a hiccup but why do they always seem to come just when you are feeling good? Bummer and ugh do I hate these crutches. I am like a bull in a china closet! It's pretty hysterical!
@LibraryLynn
Glad to hear from you! I hope all has been ok with your recovery and work is still ok for you. No you are not out of bounds. I think any suggestions are good. I hate to sound terrible but I do pretty well with my drug therapy for my fibromyalgia issues. I have bad days but much less than I used to. I guess I should be more willing to try therapies that don't include drugs but honestly life was so unbearable for so long that I am grateful to have the control. I do go to yoga 3 to 4 times a week and that has also been a godsend. I can tell the difference in my pain and disposition since not being able to go. Highly recommend it. I have not ruled out acupuncture though so it's still on my list!

Going back to Ortho on Thursday. The last 3 days have actually seemed good-- almost afraid to say that. We will see in a few more days I will try to walk without the crutches and see what happens. Until then send me positive vibes!
Thx !
Namaste-- the divine in me bows to the divine in you--(yoga talk)
 
Hey to anyone out there. New developments to share! Went to Ortho after my 2 weeks on crutches (previous posts)
My thigh pain seems to be much better and have felt good other than sore hip joint. Although I think that most will fade eventually having been through this before--
Just need to keep pounding exercise off my itinerary for a few more weeks. But can go back to yoga and golf as I feel able. Yipppeeeee!
I am a happy camper. Will definitely be posting something soon about my bad golf game and how yoga feels. Am a little worried about getting to the floor and up again but will take it slow.
15 weeks on Tuesday!
Happy camper
Hope all are well---
Birdie
 
18 weeks on Tuesday. I am back to yoga and started playing golf again. Never thought it would happen!
I am walking about a mile -- doctor said to take that slow so I am listening. Have soreness and stiffness of course but other than that feel really good. My hip is starting to feel like a part of my body instead of a two by four shoved into the femur! Never had to go to physical therapy which made me happy. The best news is that the revision cured all of the problems I was having and I caught myself walking in the mirror at yoga and I am walking like a normal person again! If anyone reads this just keep moving as your hip allows and don't panic ( ha funny I should be saying that) with swelling and pain and all that stuff in the beginning. It will work itself out.
Love to all! @Legin @LibraryLynn @Nana moon 27 thanks for all your support and kind words of encouragement!
 
"and I am walking like a normal person again!"

Prior to my hip op I caught sight of myself in a patio window. i was shocked as my posture and gait were worse than my mother's and she is 89 yrs old. The best bit of my early recovery was seeing myself walking tall and not limping in other words "walking like a normal person again' At times like this I realise what a toll it has all been on me and what a relief to have had the hip op done.

Just read your thread. You really have had ups and downs and i sincerely hope your current progress continues.
Karen
 
@Birdie53 how's the golf swing? I went to the driving range a couple of weeks ago, and have a ways to go before my swing feels natural. I couldn't get any distance at all...
 
Hey doing well hey if my golf swing improves be a miracle as it was rubicubes before. But good for you beating worries and hiccups as you did.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Birdie53 , so glad you finally turned the corner on this recovery! Well done on staying within all those restrictions. Sure sounds like all your hard work paid off! Enjoy that new hip!
 
@texasvet ha! The golf swing was a little iffy in the beginning and a lot STIFF! But in a couple of weeks has gotten almost back to normal with some marked improvements. Amazing how things change when you are balanced and things are moving the way they should-- without pain!

Highly recommend yoga for recovery as well. It strengthens and stretches and helps with balance. Helps with a little peace in your mind as well. I had been practicing for about a year before this surgery and can't believe how much it is helping me since I have gotten back to it. Wonderful! Plus now that all my pain issues are gone I am really enjoying it. KUDOS to my surgeon! Just want to hug him! He was so right about doing the revision. Guess that's why they make the big bucks!!
 
Hello and Help!!! Wow it's been a while! I hope all are well and all that continued on to more surgery are doing well again!

My life has been better than better! Everything was going great and getting ready to mark 6 months. No pain and all activities back. All my initial problems solved---- until 3 weeks ago. In yoga I heard this tremendous CLUNK. it felt like literally the bones were pulling away and then back again. Or out of socket and back. Lots of pain and had to wait for the next movement u too I could do anything again. Very unsettling. Continuing-- so I am going to do. On Wednesday the 25 th. sounds familiar to anyone?

Really bummed. All my time and work and progress possibly down the drain!
Birdie53
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom