@CherryRed I have read your post. you say that you thought you would be ready for more after 5 days of a major assault. Not sure I understand. All you should be doing is icing and walking to the washroom. Someone should be helping you with meals, swapping out your ice packs and taking care of all the other things that you used to do in a day. Dont feel guilty. This is your time to ice ice ice and relax with your leg elevated. Why do you feel you are behind??? its only been 5 days! Patience and calm thoughts wins the day. try to enjoy being pampered. This mountain gets smaller and smaller until one day you start to see the sun on the otherside. Thats the time you start to become more active. until then focus on getting the inflammation to subside and pain down to a comfortable level. Take care....rumor has it that it gets better.
Canada



Pain is starting to recede. I've still got a big swollen lump around the incision site, but I understand that can take months to go away. Most days are good, but I had a couple of days this past week where I had no energy at all and basically just napped most of the day away. Overall I'm pleased with my progress, though - it feels as if things are slowly moving towards normal. Thanks for asking - how are you?
Thanks for the reminder to revisit the freezer at regular intervals! It always helps.