Guest viewing is limited

Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie, you don't have to apologize for "Threadzilla"! It's your life story - or, at least, your knee's story! I have been lurking and reading all along, this is a wonderful digest of not only your troubles but those of others as well. I can only say that you sound like a wonderful lady who deserves the best. My thoughts are with you!

3dogmom
RTKR 6/1/10
 
Not yet Rebecca unfortunatly we waited 6 weeks last time so I am not expecting them anytime soon!He feels fine though so hopefully all is well :thmb:

Things are a bit tough at home the children have been poorly and a few friends are poorly which is worrying me too!
Then to top it off my brother is having problems with his partner and I wish we could be closer however he lives 3 hours away from me :(

As for the knee well what can I say,Saturday I did my usual physio and as I was pushing my knee back with my good leg I heard a crunch and I was very nearly sick the pain was so awful it shot from my foot to my hips and I cried my eyes out and ever since then the 80 to 90 degree bend I was getting has gone back to 40 to 50 if not less :( I have PT tomorrow so hopefully they will be able to give me some idea what I did wrong,I also have a small lump/swelling type thing that feel very squishy on the right hand side of my kneecap that has appeared since Sunday :skp:it's very strange!And to top it off yesterday I slipped on a potato peel that I had dropped whilst making dinner and cracked my head off the stool I sit on to do jobs in the kitchen and I know have a big egg on my head!:hehe:

How are you doing?xxx
 
Natalie.....wish I was close by so I could give you a big ((((HUG)))).....guess you'll just have to settle for a virtual one. I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. Hang in there....it will get better. Sometimes life is just NOT FAIR!
 
(((((HUG))))) :catkiss:

Your daily hug, Natalie......
 
Oh Natalie - I am so sorry things are so tough for you. Let me add my cyber
((((((((hug))))))))).

Please let us know how your visit to PT goes. I am worried about you. And sounds like you're going to have to start wearing a crash helmet in the kitchen! :hehe:

Take care Natalie!
 
Natalie,

I wonder if you broke up some scar tissue. I hope that's what it is and not something damaging. What happens to the scar tissue? Would this cause swelling and inflammation?

I hope your head is better. That is really scary. Both my husband and son have had serious head injuries. Be sure to monitor yourself and make sure you're not vomiting and that your pupils are reactive.

Family illness and strife does seem to make everything harder, but just do the best you can. You can offer support to your brother, but it's hard to do much when you live far away.

My hip is feeling good. I'm doing quite a bit of walking, but my arthritis in my neck is giving me fits. I'm hoping it will ease up soon. I have so many things I want to do!

Please hang in there and keep us posted!
 
Hi guys x

Yup you were spot on Rebecca PT were almost positive it was some scar tissue,they said there is some fluid around the right side of my knee and a bit of heat coming fro
It and with the pain I'm having they think it's just where I broke through some scar tissue I had lost some bend but by the end of 40 minutes of pushing and pulling I was at 90 it was total misery again and I spent the whole session biting my jumper to stop from screaming out.
They want me in again Friday and as I was walking off I heard my PT say that's the girl who's consultant rang so I'm having to push her hard!

Rebecca I hope your neck eases soon xx
 
Nat, what does this mean----"I spent the whole session biting my jumper." What is a jumper?

Maybe there is something to this "pushing the patient hard". It all depends on the definition of hard. Will you have to have surgery to remove the scar tissue?

Hugh
 
It's a top Hugh like a sweatshirt its funny how we call things differently!Its a good job I was wearing long sleeves saved me biting my arm off!
No it won't have to be removed I don't it's just one of those because of the multiple surgeries I have had in the past.
My original PT is back off his leave now though so even though he pushed me he kept saying sorry and was massaging my muscles.
I always feel really dizzy and drained when Im finished though it's really strange!
 
(((((((((Hugs))))))))) to you Natalie. So sorry you are having to go through this!

I felt the same way after my first PT sessions. Drained as the whole journey is tiring and then the pain really gets to your head.

Hope you will rest today. Lots of ice too. Let's hope tomorrows session will be better!
 
Another day of PT under my belt worked on my hamstrings today rather than my knee as that was too swollen to work with and my hamstrings need strengthening.
Going to attempt a trip out tomorrow to a few shops going to get the bus and walk wish me luck!!
 
Natalie,

Try not to overdo it too much! We went out to eat tonight at a buffet, (my suggestion):doh: and I am hurting so bad right now. Do only as much as you are capable of doing. (Gosh, I need to remember that, but I try to be normal!:rotfl:)I am great at giving advice, but I forget to follow it!:wink:
 
I promise I won't Sonja I'm in a lot of pain just now just from sitting at a friends for a few hours last night!So I will have to take it easy :) Typically the weather is miserable!
Hope your pain eases xxx

Thankyou Hugh x
 
Isn't it just? I popped out to the chiropractor this morning and wished I'd put on tights! And my relatives are telling me it's warm and sunny down in Norfolk! You watch, next weel when I'm staying with Jean it will be sunny 'oop north and cold as bejeebers in Norfolk!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom