Guest viewing is limited

Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rebecca xxxx

I thought this one might have been a bit easier too but like the physio said today I have only had the joint replaced not the surrounding muscles and tissue and they haven't been working well for 7 years so it's taking them a while to adapt.
He says the swelling is worse this week but it didn't help that I was sat in an ambulance for an hour and then a chair waiting to see the PT for an hour!

I know Marth had issues with her bend but she didn't have an MUA.
 
Well, what you have said makes sense. If you want to, then give it time and see what happens. People have had MUAs over a year later and had good results so there's really no rush.
 
Natalie, I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this. But it seems that you do have a good understanding of your body and what may be going on. You just have to keep at it and eventually I believe it will work out for you. Hang in there!!!
 
Natalie, I am so sorry that you have relatives who don't understand! I have been very fortunate. Tell your Mom that you would appreciate it if she could come by and maybe help with getting groceries.


I'm a little behind catching up with this thread.............sorry I don't have time to read the last 4 pages!

I wanted to say that my own sister didn't offer to do anything for me except drive me around. I didn't need this done for me at all because I had an almost 16 year old son who needed the practice anyway and it was summertime so he was free to drive me. She never offered to cook me a meal (it would have been greatly appreciated!) or even pick up any groceries for me. My husband did most everything for me along with the kids. I had several friends send over meals and at the last minute, a few days before surgery, I ordered and picked up some frozen meals from Dream Dinners to have in the freezer. My sister in law who was up here from CA came over with the family one evening and cooked us dinner. They also planned a picnic at a local park and turned that into my son's 16th birthday party so I wouldn't have to cook. She did more for me and she was on her vacation.

My sister was in charge of my elderly father for the summer. She drove him to church and 2 doctor appointments. That was it. I still had to pay all of his bills, keep track of mail and the finances since my name is on the accounts. I also had to keep explaining to my poor father that no, I could not take him out that week as I was still recovering from surgery and wasn't driving. As soon as mid August came, she was done. Now everything to do with both my folks is back on my shoulders just in time for school to start. (both my folks are in Adult Family Homes, my mother has late stage Alz and sister is a Kindergarten teacher)

Boy, that turned into more than I thought! I guess it boils down to there are some family members that are very helpful and some that are not. It's sad, but true. I guess we just have to appreciate those that are helpful all the more. My sister is one of those who has to be told explicitly what to do and where to help as she cannot figure these things out on her own due to laziness.

(((((((((hugs))))))))) Natalie! :catkiss:
 
Susie that sounds very much like my sister you have to lay down exactly what you want them to do before they actually do it!And even then it always seems like it is a struggle :(

Like you my husband and kids have just looked after me and we have managed xxx
 
Wow I have had some pain today just that little trip to physio left me in so much pain!

So lots more Oramorph than usual and lots more icing and elevating and only physio exercises twice instead of the usual 4 times a day :thmb:
 
Nat....since you had PT today and are in pain, maybe you should skip ALL home exercises.
 
yes, definitiely don't do exercises on the days you GO to PT!!!!

xoxoxox,

Linda.
 
He doesn't do much with me at PT but it's the journey that kills me :(

Ok a bit strange I have shooting pains from my knee to my ankles on both legs on and off on the outsides of my legs it's is very odd!
 
I finally made it through the rest of the thread, Natalie, I hope you are getting some relief from this pain you are having again.....
 
I think most any kind of pain we're having at this stage is somewhat normal...

xoxoxox,

Lin
 
I think I'm just being paranoid :(

There just seems an awful lot the last few days and it is totally restricting my bend

Thanks for listening guys xxx
 
Natalie, I would comment but I just don't know what to say. I have been reading though. God bless you, sweetie.
 
Natalie - I just want you to know I have been following your progress. I don't always comment since I don't know much about knees. But I feel your pain and frustration.

Just hang in there! It might be a slow process but you will get there! We are all cheering you on! :gphg:
 
Thinking about you and your visit next week. Hope the weekend's has been good to you.

Helen
 
Natalie - I just want you to know I have been following your progress. I don't always comment since I don't know much about knees. But I feel your pain and frustration.

Just hang in there! It might be a slow process but you will get there! We are all cheering you on! :gphg:

Thanks Jaycey :catkiss:

Here is a link of the disease I have


https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/396297-overview
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom