Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie - hope you have made the call and are in the process of getting your meds. Try and get some rest today. So sorry you had a bad night! :cnsl:
 
Thanks Jaycey well I rang the surgery and no I still have no meds the reception wasn't concerned about the urgency so just said she would pass on the message to the doctor and it would get dealt within the day!
I am in so much pain now even had a little cry I feel so stupid that I let this happen!
 
Natalie - I would be on the phone every half hour until they let you speak to the doc or can tell you to come and pickup the meds. Reception staff are sometimes in their own world unfortuately. You are in mega pain and they need to do something NOW! :hissy:

Hang in their girl. I'm pulling for you!
 
Well luckily for me my GP rang to see why I hadn't rang him for a few days!I said oh I have and I have left messages which he hadn't recieved!

So he apologised profusley and said the prescription would be done in 5 minutes what a sweetheart he is :)

I have my meds now :)
 
Whew! I was about ready to ask you where in the UK you were so I could march up there myself and deal with those receptionists! They need some lessons is customer service and dealing with patients in pain.

Take care Natalie! Sure hope you are feeling better soon!
 
Jamie is Tylenol Paracetemol if so yes I have that :)
x x

Yes, both are acetaminophen.

Glad you got things straight with your surgeon...relief is on the way!!
 
Oh, Nat -- you poor thing! I am so sorry this happened. This almost happened to me. I didn't realize I was about to run out until the day or two before, so I called the pharmacy and they were supposed to call the doctor. Somewhere there was a breakdown, and the prescription didn't get called in. Fortunately, my wonderful husband stepped in and called the doctor's office and got it all straightened out and got the meds for me.

I think it is really hard to stay on top of everything when you are in the healing process, especially when you are trying to do a little more each day and take care of a family. I'm still not functioning 100% mentally, not to mention physically. Also, I'm finding that I'm getting worked up and upset about things that I shouldn't. Oh, well.

I think it's really important that we enlist the help of others during this recovery time. I am just not on top of things the way I want to be.

Try to rest as much as possible so you can get your pain back under control.
 
Thanks ladies I can't seem to get it unde control just yet but I suppose it may take 24 hours or so xx

More developments today too,my physio rang to say they couldn't get my first outpatient PT till next week and asked how I was doing and if I had achieved 90 degrees yet well I haven't as you know and like I said the other day it has actually decreased to about 30 degrees so she then started going how this was no way good enough and why had I
been released from hospital when I wasn't achieving 90 degrees so they said that they were worried about dealing with
me and that they would prefer me to get in touch with my hospital

So I did this had several different conversations with all sorts of people and head of physio finally rang me back she
was also very angry that I had been released without getting 90 degrees and she asked what I had been doing exercise
wise and activity and how the swelling was etc so I told her and she basically said I needed to slow down reduce the e
exercises should be done every few hours and not to push it and I need to not do too much else,stop the walks and just
rest and ice just for this week until I see PT.
Just when I was starting to get about a bit more too!
 
One day at a time Natalie. Get your pain levels under control and remember that swelling is causing the pain. Once you get the swelling down you will increase your ROM. It's a step by step thing.

I know you are discouraged but just consider this a little bump in the recovery road.
 
Jaycey is right. Because you had a little blip in your pain meds, you're going to be playing "catch up" for the next 24-48 hours. You are swollen!!!

I had no idea your ROM was decreasing.....maybe I missed that in one of your posts. That is a factor of those walks you've been taking and it's your body signaling that you are pushing too much too soon. So, even thought you got yelled at by all the PT folks, they are right. You need to take the activity down several notches for a while until you get the swelling under control.

I know it's frustrating when you want to be up and doing things. But it will be a lot easier for you if you go back to spending a majority of your time resting, icing and elevating for a while. Sending you a big ol' ((((HUG)))) to help you feel better!
 
By the way, Natalie....can you please put your surgery date in your signature so that I can remember exactly how far out you are? That makes it MUCH easier for us all.
 
By the way, Natalie....can you please put your surgery date in your signature so that I can remember exactly how far out you are? That makes it MUCH easier for us all.

I think I may hvae deleted it when I posted from my phone as it is on my other posts which is very odd?Sorry hun xx
 
Thanks Jamie and Jaycey xxxx

Can you just pop round to mine and tell my family and friends now please?Not hubby as he is was her when PT phoned and I put them on loudspeaker but Mother in law my mum and several friends keep saying I should be doing sooooo much more by now :hissy:

I intend to rest loads now and just do the very gentle physio they have recomended,the kids go back to school in 2 days so it will be so much easier :)

Thanks again everyone xxxxxxx
 
Oh man Natalie - I know what you mean! Relatives and friends mean well - but they have no clue.

You need to be a bit firm and let them know you are in charge. This is something I had to learn the hard way.

You are doing fine. Don't let anyone dictate your rate of recovery!
 
I'm trying not too the ex mother in law has phoned or been every day and asked if I have been out for a walk and that I need to be doing more every day!
 
Natalie, keep doing what you know is right and don't let family members dictate what you should be doing!!! They truly have NO CLUE!
 
Thanks Susie it makes me feel so much better knowing that others think the same as me :)

Oh and I have been to the toilet everyone :jump::hehe:
 
Rebecca I find myself nearly crying every time I have to deal with a tricky situation like this morning or really angry and nearly snapping for no reason!how you doing Hun?xxx
How is the pain and mobility?xx
 
I really think it's normal to be emotional (I sure hope so!). Our bodies have been through a lot of trauma, we're in pain, we're uncomfortable, we haven't slept for years, we can't go to the bathroom, and we're on drugs. And people want us to be one hundred percent in a very short time. Honestly, with your history of disease and surgeries, I can't believe anyone would expect you to be doing much before 6 months. The doctors haven't even been able to control your pain yet. Maybe you should print out some stuff from Bonesmart for the people who think you should be healing faster.

It sounds like your husband is a sweetie, so maybe next time there is something to deal with, ask him to do it. My husband has been really good about this; of course, I have to let go of my stubborn need to do everything myself and let him do things!

I'm feeling pretty good, and I am driving and doing some of what I was doing before the surgery. But I get tired and sore pretty quickly, so I set aside time to rest, ice, and elevate. I had tried to get by taking just ibuprofen, but with my increased activity level, I had to go back to taking the Tramadol in the evening and at night. I had a couple of terrible nights (pain, discomfort, etc.), and then I realized why! Duh!

I have been teary myself lately. My son started high school (9th grade) yesterday. He was in a terrible accident when he was 7. He was hit by a pick-up truck, and every bone in his skull was fractured and he had nerve damage in one of his eyes (it all healed). I ended up home-schooling him for 5 years, and he went back to school last year. So, I guess I'm emotional because I wasn't sure we would ever get to this point. He is doing so well, and you would never know that he had been so badly hurt. I'm just so proud of him. His school is going on a trip tomorrow and then a big trip in September, so I'm already worried. I just can't help it!

I hope you get your pain under control soon. You will be able to rest more when school starts. Maybe the people who think you should be better could come and cook and clean, so you can rest more. You have to listen to your body. No one else should set a time table for you. Hang in there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom