Guest viewing is limited

Op was off - and then on again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you got out of the house, Natalie! yes, it does feel good to get out when you've been cooped up for so long.
 
What a great morning for you, Natalie!!! You are now doing the smart thing by resting, icing and elevating. But that wonderful mental boost from the trip out into the world will last a loooooong time!!
 
I've never given it a thought about using an extra chair for my leg. Even in lectures and church and anywhere! If people don't like it - tough titty!
 
Oh dear I'm going to be in trouble later!I have been ringing my GP by his request every few days to tell him how much Oramorph I'm taking for breakthrough pain and how I'm getting on with the MST so we can get the dosage right,so I ring in the morning leave a message and he gets back to me and he will write a prescription if I need it.
So I did this Friday and I knew I only had enough MST and oramorph to last me till this morning anyway he never rang back so I thought no problem I'll ring this morning and hubby will pick it up this afternoon and I went to ring and remembered it's Bank Holiday here and they are shut!
So no I have no meds apart from paracetemol and 20mg of Oramorph and a few muscle relaxants until I can get it sorted till tomorrow!
I could be in for some serious pain later!
 
Oh, Natalie.....I'm sorry to hear this!!! I hope you can get by okay until tomorrow....lots of rest and ice today!!
 
Oh no!!! I hope you will b ok - let me know how you're doing!!!!

xoxoxo,

Linda.
 
Natalie - can you call your nearest weekend chemist? Most areas have a chemist that is open weekends and bank holidays. They might be able to contact your GP or an on call doc to verify you need your meds. Hubby would have to go and get them but it might just cover you for the night.

Take care Natalie! Sending you lots of ((((hugs)))).
 
Or what about an Ergent Care place (that's what they're called here) a place you can go on weekends if you get sick - but bring your empty pill bottles...just an idea...

xoxox,

Linda.
 
Thanks Ladies I hadn't thought about trying the on call doctor or walk in centre it's a bit too late now I'm tucked up in bed with my ice,I have had what bare minimum meds I had left and I am going to spend the night icing I have lots of the gel packs at the ready :)

I went to my sisters today for her birthday and everyone kept saying how tired I looked!Way to make a girl feel good about herself!:hehe:

So my hubby said she is bound too look tired she hasn't slept since 2007!!!!I was laughing so much!It often seems like it has been years since I have slept!

Anyway he is going to go straight to the GP's for me when I have rung tomorrow :)

Just another quick query too is it usual to lose some knee bend?I seem to have really gone backwards with it in the last few days,my walking is coming on loads as are my leg raises but my knee bend is decreasing any ideas why?xxxx
 
Walk In Centres don't prescribe so you'll get no luck there. Best bet is the on-call doctor though he might not be much use either.

And yes, it's quite common for your ROM to be up and down. Didn't you say you'd been to your sister's birthday party? Hmmmm?
 
I promise Jo I just alked there about a one minute walk and I sat with my leg elevated with ice from her freezer :thmb:I had to go because she is such a sulker and she would have chucked a hissy fit if I hadn't go she is my younger sister!

So glad it's common for the ROM to be up and down :)

I'm not sure the on call would do anything either Jo they are a bit hit and miss round here!:skp:
 
Well it's midnight here and the pain is terrible but I am going to try and sleep this is a fantastic example of why we nee to stick to the pain med schedule!
 
Nat....so sorry you are having to go through the pain of not having meds. Are you trying Tylenol at least???

[Bonesmart.org] Op was off - and then on again!


Hopefully it will be over soon. Bet you'll REALLY appreciate the wonder drugs this time tomorrow!!

(((HUGS))))
 
I'm assuming Jo thinks it's okay you went out, just needed to get back and take care of yourself. I had to go to the Dr.'s office at 2 weeks... ick.

Went to a restaurant afterwards, the only time I used my wheelchair in public or practically at alll.

My first time in public waking with no aides was 28 days, Stayed for a little bit, then went home and did my regular routine.

But when you do feel up to going out and about, you need to save energy and time to get back home! That can be a tough lesson.

Hope you have a good night.
 
Thanks Ladies I have done 2 trips out now where I walked to the destination and I've stayed for no longer than hour and made sure I've kept my legs elevated on both occasions.
It does totally exhaust you though!
It's 5am here and I've been up every hour for ice!
Jamie is Tylenol Paracetemol if so yes I have that :)
Bring on 830am when th doctors opens x x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom