PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY, Bionic Woman So glad to hear from you. Put me down for the flash dance! Plan to have some disco stuff in there for me -- Donna Summer and the Bee Gees would be just dandy and throw in some Gloria Gaynor and Earth, Wind and Fire and maybe a touch of Marvin Gaye -- and whatever else you can think of. I'll relive some of my misspent youth!

Love,
Milli

PS: No snakes or (gasp) necrophilia for me, though.
 
Hi @Bionic woman2, Just stopping in to say Hello. :loveshwr: Hope all is well with you. @ Butterfly, you are pulling out all the oldies but goodies for sure! :wowspring:Hope everyone has a good weekend!
 
Well... long time people. I have been through a few more intense things since I last posted. To make a looooooong story short, I'll hit the high points.

I attempted to return to work, only to find out that I didn't have a position at that school anymore. I DO have a new job at a different school for the upcoming school year. :o)

My ex-husband (whom I was still close to) passed away on Mother's day :'( I will not go into the details of planning the funeral with bickering, divisive, and @#%$*/ relatives. :censored::hissy::gaah::hairpulling::groan: There is a whole lot more I have to handle now with my ex's passing, and I am very sad. You never know how much you really care about a person until they're gone. :cry:

On a bright note, my son graduated from High School :yes!::happydance::yay::egypdance:(two days after the funeral service.:shrug:) We will have a big celebration for him later, since he kinda got pushed aside. :martini::egypdance:

Oh, my knees. :doh:lol Well, they had to "knee-up" during all of this, or as my sister said, they had "amKNEEsia" :loll: They finally started hurting after two weeks of funeral planning, ripping and running. :tiredwheel:They're okay now. I saw my Dr earlier in the month to get my work release, and everything looked good. Left knee had a ROM of 125 and the right tricky knee was 120. With all I've been through, I'll take that and "run"...:running: hypothetically speaking.

Take care everybody. I miss you guys, it's just been really really busy on my end. :treadmill:
Hope you guys are taking it Kneeasy! :bath::friends:
Oh, and yeah... I discovered the new emoticons, Just charge it to @daughter stalker 's ODIC Platinum card. Hi Sue :bicycle2:@Dabber Carol @patient 99 D'Diana @new knee in June @danceragainsoon @turtle68 @Jsankowski and anyone else I forgot, I could use a good laugh right about now. Oh, I haven't forgotten about the Flashmob either. :egypdance::egypdance:
 
@Bionic woman2
Oh, M.T. M,
So sorry about your Ex husband & on Mother's Day. I will pray for you & your wonderful
Boys :angel: It was very nice that you both got along so well. I hope you have comfort in that :prayer:
So happy you have another job lined up ( I knew something good would happen for you ) You
Can't keep a good woman down for long. :no-fin: Are you still working with children ?
I am thinking of you always :console2:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Oh @Bionic woman2 :friends:

I am so sorry to hear about your ex-husband and hope you can find peace with it eventually, my dear.

Congratulations for your son and you on getting a new job, that I'm sure you're pleased about being away from the unkind HR. I hope it is a lovely school.

I like the "amKNEEsia" I guess that's what mine have been doing for a few months.
Biggest hugs, lots of emoticons.....:console2::friends:
 
Thanks ladies. My new school is less than half the student body size of my old one, and I will be working with Special Ed children. :yes!: ♡ "my peoples. " I like to think everyone has a "special need" it's just a whole lot easier to work with when you know what it is. :) Not sure on the age group yet, but I've done k-5, so I'll be fine.

Thanks for all the prayers heading our way. We had a special connection. In many ways, he was a male me, so I feel like something's missing. Neither one of us remarried and the last thing he said to/about me as he introduced me to a friend was, "This is my wife." He smiled at me, and I smiled back.:roseshwr:I cherish that memory above all the others. The next time I saw him was when we found him. :cry: Yes Carol @patient 99 it's a movie (complete with villains.) My son's working on the screenplay. It was unreal the things we went through, just to lay him to rest. Sigh. Things are quiet now, but there's still a lot to do.

I'll probably be scarce again for a bit, but I still think of you guys often. I hope you all have been practicing for our big number. Lol @Butterfly how's that hip!? :dancy: D'Diana, hope you've perfected your "slither" :egypdance: and Carol... :rotfl: You know...your Jean Claude Van Damme split IS the finale.:rofsign:

Take it kneeeasy guys :cheers2:
 
@Bionic woman2
What a special moment for you & your husband :console2:Cherish your memories, they will last
A life time :loveshwr:Your new job sounds perfect for you, I wish you well. Those children are so
Lucky to have you. You are lucky to have them, Also.
Please tell your wonderful son congratulations on his graduation & best of luck in College :happydance::yay::yes!:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
So good to hear from you Raqia. I don't like it when people go off into the sunset and are never heard of again. So even though you might not be around much its good to get an update now and then. What struck me when I read your message was that you aren't in that dark place any more. You have a new job and the boys are doing great. The death of your ex-husband can't have been easy. You said he was a lot like you. He must have been a fun guy. I am the very best of friends with my ex husband (in fact we never did get divorced, so I suppose technically he is not my ex husband), so I can identify with what you say.

You are embarking on another stage of your life soon. I wonder what good things are in store for you. What ever they are you can meet them full on standing on 2 strong knees.

As for me I now have a bald patch where they removed a skin cancer from my head. I've a new scar on my neck where they took the skin for the skin graft and I think I'm putting on weight . I think I'd be better suited to a part in Michael Jackson's Thriller than the Jean Claude VD finale - any chance we could alter it?:heehee:

See Ya. xx Carol

ps: Bionic, Please don't encourage Diana @new knee in June. She reckons her `slither' will beat my `zombi routine' any day of the week . I told her `Dream on D'Diana'.
 
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news @bionicwoman but how lucky you were to have such a special relationship with your ex-husband right up to the very end. Cherish the memories although the pain must be intolerable at times.
I'm so pleased to hear about your new job - perfect for you. You will enjoy your days so much and big congratulations to your son.
As for your knee - I am very envious - i'm still only 90 so that's great news.
Like you i very rarely am on the site now mainly due to work and family commitments but also because there are so few people I know any more.
I hope you are still taking your 'medication'.
Big hugs
Speedy2.
 
Hey Kiddo. Boy you said a mouth full. I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm very proud of your son though. I'm sure it's been hard for him as well. I'm thrilled that your going to work with special Ed kids. That's what I do. Anyways, keep dancing even if it's in your head. I'm doing ok. My knee still hurts. Especially in the back. Still questioning this surgery. Seems like it made me more of a cripple. Anyway, I miss you. Hold your head high and have a great summer. I only have 2 more weeks left of school then I'll be home as well. Can't wait. See ya
 
I had Partial Knee Replacement on my right knee 5 weeks ago. I'm healing slowly but surely. At least that's what the "they people" say. I say it too sometimes and there are the times I just wanna know, when will I wake up without feeling like Bill Murray in Ground Hog Day w/a double feature of The Wizard of Oz, w/the Tin Man screaming "Oil Can!" I have good days and bad days. Although for the most part they're good, they all start the same. I feel like I have a tree trunk for a leg when I wake up? Is that normal?

To be honest both my legs/knees were extremely painful to use before surgery. I will never forgot the time it hurt to STAND. That's when I knew something was wrong. When my doctor told me I have 70 yr old knees, I laughed a little but went home and cried. I'm 51 w/a 5 yr old spirit. I work w/kindergartners and use to teach dance to elementary school kids. So, I will be having the left one done shortly. As soon as the right is decent enough for me to have a "leg to stand on" (insert percussion.) My sense of humor has kept me sane through this roller coaster of emotions and pain. Thank God for that.

In the beginning I went through the "adjusting to your meds" stage. During my 1 day stay in the hospital they drugged me to hades and back. I met Alice in Wonderland and the Lucy in the sky. Everything was wonderful. However, by 5 or so when my anti-nausea patch wore off, I was dizzy, nauseous and weak. I remember thinking... and i'm going to do this again! I could barely hold my head up, I looked like a bobble-head granny hobbling around and felt like I had morning sickness. I changed meds and added an anti-nausea med which made me dizzy. I had to go cold turkey one day, to get all the hospital drugs out my system. The next day I felt much better. It took a week or so to feel "normal." Now I'm on Hydrocodone 5-325 every 4-6hours. The pain HURTS, and everyday it's something different. "Like a Box of Chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." :o) I usually feel more pain when in first wake up and during my exercises. I'm able to bare it considering what my knees felt like before surgery, this is a different pain.

I'm just concerned like everyone else about my ROM and the morning stiffness. My ROM was 106 on my own and 114 after some stretching w/my P/T on 7/22. I've broken up my excercise and do them through out the day rather than 2x a day (trying to get them over with. lol) I just want to double check that this morning stiffness is Normal. I know I can't rush it, but I want to make sure I'm on the right track.

I'm so thankful for a place that I can hear from people who share my pain and struggle. I joined this site one night in tears a couple of weeks ago. I was having a "where are all my friends" moment. :tada: Then I remembered I didn't have that many friends Pre-op. lol I do have a true friend and a couple of people I can count on for which I am thankful. However, unless you've gone through or are going through it, you can't really relate. I am truly thankful for this site, the people and information. I know I am not alone. I am saddened by and pray for the people doing worse than I am and encouraged by those doing better.

I cut and pasted the BoneSmart mantra on my desktop screen. I got the Ice, elevate and rest thing down. Still working on going to sleep when my body says so. What can I say... I fight sleep like a 2 yr old. :rotfl: :happydance:

Sorry about the length of my post, not sure on the guild lines. I just wanted to share and reach out for insight.

Thanks for the encouragement. :SUNsmile:

Bionic Woman2
RPKR 6/18/13
LPKR... Coming soon
 
So sorry to hear about your losses and congratulations to your son. You are one tough woman and those special ed kids are so fortunate to have you in the fall.

Delighted to hear your knee is doing okay and it sounds like you should be in good shape for our 2015 shindig. Sending good thoughts your way.

Dorothy
 
Hi everybody. :wave: Thanks for al the encouraging, thoughtful and funny comments. :) This will be a quick post as I am headed off to test out my ONE YEAR OLD KNEE today on my son's college campus! Yes, it's my ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::dancy::dancy::happydance::happydance::happydance:So Happy Right Bionic Knee Anniversary to me!:yes!: I wish I could say I'm ready to the that high side kick on my icon, but.... Not yet.:rotfl::loll::rofsign: However, it's good enough for me to purposely schedule the college orientation visit on this day, sooooo.... Go knee, I will undoubtedly be singing Ice Ice Baby at the end of the day but, hey. I'm much better off than last year.:cheers:

Carol, I'll see what I can do about the dance line-up. @danceragainsoon I actually danced the **** outta my knee a couple of weeks ago, I'm going out this Saturday, but I plan on taking it a bit easier as I am experiencing "the error of my ways." :headbang::groan::sos: lol Oh, and YESSSSSSSS! @speedy2 I am STILL taking my "medicine." :cheers2::martini::martini::martini::beer::cheers2::giggle: Dr's orders! Shabba!!!! Google it Carol. lol


Take care guys.... I'll Be Back! :wink:
 
Oh, by the way @patient 99 your'e right. In the midst of all of this, I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel...and it's not a train. God is good, and His ways are PAST finding out. lol lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom