PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time M.T.M
Dreams & hopes are what make life wonderful :yahoo:
Any how, your hired....Meet Carol & I under the street light at 8:00 P.M tonight & we
Will see what you got :skep:
I really can't see us doing this kind of work on a stage :shocked:The gloves would be a nice touch :egypdance:
I know what you mean about College applications :hairpulling: Everything will work out...Don't forget
The F.A.F.S.A that's the important one :ok:
Diana:flwrysmile:@BionicWoman2
 
@Bionic woman2, thank you for stopping by my thread and wishing me well. You guys are a riot over here.

I am going to let you in on the ground floor, of a joint venture Carol & I have been looking at
For Extra cash The qualifications are 1. You must be able to stand under a street Light for
At least an hour 2. You must own a Blonde wig 3. You must work nights
Bring your own toys....Carol doesn't share
Okay... :tada: I needed a good smile..
 
Chestnc, it's our coping mechanism. We were a hot mess this summer. :rotfl::egypdance::martini:

D'DIANA, we did Fafsa ASAP, then we found out at the last minute that certain colleges had another financial application to fill out, and they needed to know my bra size and what color underwear I had on. :gaah: Lol Thennnn, there was an application within an application and a form with a form. :hissy: Happy to say we are done with that and he completed his last college application last night. :thud: So so now we have to do private scholarship stuff, and school volunteer hours. :hairpulling: That should conclude the paperwork and then we move on to prom.:egypdance:Then GRADUATION!!!! :happydance::yay::happydance:.... Then OFF TO COLLEGE!!! :egypdance::egypdance::happydance::happydance::yay::yay::martini::martini::beer::beer::cheers::bow::bow::happydance::happydance::dancy::dancy::egypdance::egypdance::thankyou::thankyou::yes!::yahoo:

Yeah, i'm anticipating that just a little. :rofsign:
 
@Bionic woman2 , many congratulations to you and your son on his graduation :spin:. We know that they are the ones graduating, but you know our input was there from day one when they were born. So again congrats to you both. Been there and done that and with the second one I thought I would either strangle him or loose my mind. Thank God I did not have a knee replacement then or the RA was not that bad at that time or I would have truly lost it. My younger son was a work out, but he has turned out to be a wonderful young man who just turned 24yrs old 2/26 and we have great conversations. The older my son gets, I begin to see so much of my husband (rest his soul) in him, it is amazing. Good luck with your son's choice of school. On to a new adventure :bicycle1:. What will he be studying if I may ask.
 
Good on you for claiming the benefits you're entitled to.

I know all about Uni applications, here we have the dreaded annual student finance forms....I haven't found anyone yet who hasn't gone grey filling those in.

"Droppin the Mic, and walking off the stage" I didn't know that one.

You're a lady of many talents, but get better first.
:friends:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[
I looked at a few jobs in my field and realized that I will probably have to do something different

What's the reason for this Raqia? Just too demanding given your knees? The trouble with a lot of creative jobs eg, writing a book is that there is no money in it unless you hit lucky, and what pays the bills in the meantime! It might not be your sort of thing, but we have a magazine in England called The Lady (and if we have it here you are bound to have it in America). A lot of the jobs are bog standard domestic work which I'm sure wouldn't suit, but some have the potential to be interesting, For example, companion to an elderly person; part-time personal assistant to an author. Sometimes they mention a little light cooking.??????????

On the other hand there is always Diana's offer to join us under the lamp light :yes!:. But she does have a point about you probably doing better than me. So I've given this a lot of thought. What I have come up with is THAT ALL THE TAKINGS ARE POOLED. The share out is equal, except I get 20% - with age comes privilege :) - I'll chuck in my toys at no additional cost - @New Knees in June happy with this arrangement?


Droppin the Mic, and walking off the stage. :bicycle2:GOOGLE IT Carol.

They are doing it over here now. So its old hat. What's new? I like to show off. Carol
 
@BionicWoman2
Be careful what you wish for, my oldest son went to college ( lived on campus ) & never came
Home. He is now 27 & has lived on his own since he was 17 :shocked:I told him he could live at home
Rent free. He said "No":scratch:
You did a wonderful job with your sons :yay:You should be proud of yourself :)
@patient 99
There was a man at my door this morning with a blonde wig :rotfl: Did you forget something
Last night ?:loll::rotfl::rofsign:
I crack myself up !!!!!!!
Good Night Ladies:sleep::sleep::sleep:
Diana:martini:
 
You ladies are crazy!!! :loll:But I love it. :yes: Carol, i'm open to any type of job that won't stress my knees. I'm starting to lean towards part-time work now so then I can work on my other creative projects till my knees are well enough to get back to my baking business.

I go too good of a night's sleep last night :zzz::sleep: I woke at 1pm. :yawn: But BOY, did I need it, I'm still trying to wake up. :yawn:

Think I'll go make some coffee. :mcoffee:
 
O.M.G......
:heehee::rotfl::loll::rofsign:Carol...I spit my coffee out:rotfl: I told the man "No Refunds" This is a
" Union" job....He gave me a tip for services rendered :egypdance:He kept your wig, so tonight you
Will be in a red wig. Stay away from those:puppysmooze: @patient 99
M.T.M....Since you are well rested, Care to join us tonight ? You can bring the coffee :mcoffee:
Off to work,
Diana:flwrysmile: @BionicWoman2
 
M.T.M,
Are you awake yet ? :skep: Grab a coffee :mcoffee: I have a BIG problem:sos: As you know, for the
Last 2 nights Carol & I have been plying our wares.
The taxman came to my house & I had to pay his share, then the "Union" dues had to be paid :yikes:
Please don't tell Carol after 2 nights work, we only made .50 cents each :beg:Plus, I had to buy
Dog bones to keep the dogs away:puppysmooze:
Plus, the cost of a new blonde wig....
We need a new strategy or we are going to have to pay our clients.
:heehee::rotfl::rofsign::rotfl::loll::rofsign:
Have a Kneesy Day,
Diana
@BionicWoman2 @patient 99
 
:rotfl::rotfl::rofsign:

Please don't tell Carol after 2 nights work,
we only made .50 cents each

Could be worse. Diana, we have to be realistic. We aren't premier league any more. Now I know what you're gonna say `I'm the BEST always was always will be'. Don't get me wrong I agree you are - you're a LEGEND in your own time. Its just that damned lamp light isn't doing us any favours.

Let's not be rash. Lets hold off on the new strategy. I'll have a personal word with Whip Me Walter, the council man (I know him well, as do you). I'll get him to change the bulbs in the street lights for 20 watt soft glow. Its bound to do the trick.

You can keep my share of our earnings:friends: to cover the dog biscuits etc. BTW the dog biscuits was an Awesome Idea of yours. My shoes and stockings are all dried out now - although there is still a bit of a smell. See you at midnight.

ps: not sure this red wig is doing anything for me - it looks like the tail of that dog that was hanging round last night - OH DIANA YOU DIDN'T????
 
Carol @patient 99 Don't you DARE transfer this conversation and deprive me of a good laugh. :tantrum: :rotfl: I see you and Ms. Thang D'Diana @new knee in June, started without me.:gaah: I understand, you needed to earn that 50 Cent. :rotfl: Speaking of 50 cent, maybe you can contact him and let him know of your earnings. Maybe he Will take it as a sign, and put you guys in his next rap video. :loll: I'm not familiar with his music/videos, but I'm thinking be can bring you on board as "The Mature 50 cent Hype Girls." That title's a little long, maybe something like "0.50 with interest" or, "Aged to Perfection Dancers" :rotfl:
Seriously, I've been really busy with college stuff for my son, and tomorrow he turns 18! :happydance::dancy::yay::egypdance::martini::martini::cheers::beer::cheers2::egypdance::egypdance: Yeah, I'm kinda excited about it, can you tell?:yes!::yahoo:

I NEED to get in the kitchen and make his cake. I'm making him I'm "Not-so" Thin Mint birthday cake. Carol you may not be familiar with Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, but I am sure D Diana is. I put them in my already Triple chocolate cake. I know what you guys are thinking... :umm:But it's only once a year, so it doesn't count.:tada:

Anyhoo, gotta run...:bicycle2:
Save me a spot under the 20 watt lamp, as soon as my son is off to college I will join you guys. I'm certainly gonna NEED to, in order to PAY for his college expenses. I might need to get started now. :umm::rotfl:

Take it Kneeeasy everybody. :flwrysmile:
 
At least this side of the pond pay isn't an issue, not in my job at any rate. I'm a primary teacher and can be off for 6 months on full pay, then it would be reduced to half pay.
 
At least this side of the pond pay isn't an issue, not in my job at any rate
Here in the US most jobs are "at will", you can be fired or quit anytime for any reason. And being unwell is as good a reason as any.
Sorry @Bionic woman2 don't want to derail you thread, but it looks like Girl Scout Cookies have already done that, and derailed my diet :heehee:.
 
Dear M.T.M,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, To your wonderful Son....:happydance::yay::egypdance::yahoo:It certainly is a busy,
Wonderful time in a child's life ( Prom, Graduation,College) be prepared for tears of Joy.:cry:
Your cake sounds absolutely delicious, save me a piece :beg:Could you put a file in Carol's @patient 99
Piece......"Wally, the Whip"...went overboard on the handcuffs again last night.:rotfl::rotfl::loll::rofsign:
Off to my real job,
Talk Soon,
DDiana:martini: @BionicWoman2 ....
 
Speaking of 50 cent, maybe you can contact him
Couldn't make sense of this at first. So you know what I did - I googled it <chuckle>. So there's a rapper goes by the name of 50 cent. All is now clear. Now had you said Curtis James Jackson 111 I'd have been on it :heehee:. His song `Get Rich or Die Tryin'' is apt, given my lonely demise under the lamp post. All alone because D'D @new knee in June was off becoming respectable and you were off baking cakes.

Turning to something sensible. Delighted all the paper work is out the way re. your son going to college. What I would give to be 18 again. Tell him Aunty Carol wishes him a Happy Birthday. xx C
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom