Guest viewing is limited

PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a waste of a Yard Mon

Raqi, he wasn't your type - too short for starters. I'm holding out for the best for you. Googled Yard Mon. I wish I'd known that on Sunday night. I could have shown off twice. If you are going to teach me street talk, its only fair that I should teach you Geordie (a dialect from the north east of England. Capital Newcastle upon Tyne, District - Northumberland very near to the Scottish border. Once you know a few phrases we can then both show off :egypdance:.

OK first lesson : I'm gannin doon the toon Translation `I am going to town'. `Shut ya gob' Translation `Shut Up'. Oh and you don't call people `Darling or My Dear you call them Pet eg, Are ya gannin doon the toon Pet? What else have you got for me? Cool Carol
 
Good looking out Carol, he needs to be tall enough that I cannot see, and be obligated to pick lint off the top of his head. :rotfl: I like the new phrases Carol @patient 99 I'm working on my accent. Not sure exactly where the Doc Martin series is located, but does the accent sound anything similar?

Okay, here's what you could have said to the DJ had you been in the know, "Whata gwan? Meaning, What's going on, or what's up? Depending on how you use it. Like if you're happy to see somebody, you'd say, "Long time...Whata gwan mon?" :cheers: Now if you're upset, you'd say " Bumbaclot! WHATA GWAN Now." :hissy:I can think of a couple of folks to share the latter expression with right about now. :heehee: Ok, that's the lesson for today....,go practice (indoors Carol, I'm the mirror first.)

@daughter stalker and @Butterfly I'm hanging tough. Laughter is keeping me from crying and or going postal. :gaah: Thanks for your care and concern.

D'Diana @new knee in June , I'm gonna need about 1 or 15 Warriors with oil, grapes, chocolate and "information" :martini: to come over ASAP! Thanks in advance.:happydance: :egypdance:
 
@BionicWoman2
I am sending 7 of my "WARRIORS" over to your house, on ski's:yahoo:They are carrying Coconut Oil,
Grapes, & massive amounts of :martini::martini::martini:They will do your bidding, they are versed in releasing
Stress:happydance: You are a very Lucky Lady, I'm afraid if you speak Jamaican, they will get confused:heehee:
Maybe, you should just point:rotfl:
Sincerely,
"cOOL BREEZE". A.K.A.....Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Doc Martin series is located, but does the accent sound anything similar?
No Raqia completely different ends of the country. Its hard getting the words right when you can't hear them spoken - gives you an insight into the issues facing deaf people. But `Bumbaclot Whata Gwan Now '
is really great :dancy:. I just can't wait for the opportunity to say it, but this could be difficult. I don't know too many Jamaicans - I dont know any Jamaicans. I've just had a thought. I could ring that DJ I met at the Elvis night. Given he's on the radio and does phone ins it shouldn't be difficult.
I'll be sure to let you know what he says:yes!: Trrr Pet (Good bye darling)

ps: did you notice we've a competition going for who has done the coolest thing. Diana thinks she's in the lead. I said we should wait to hear from you before making a final decision.
 
Carol, @Dabber @Bionic woman2 @new knee in June @leejaa Just waiting to get on bus to go to cruise terminal. I will toast you all with my first mai tai. By the way, Doc Martin is on PBS here in Houston. Hope they do some new ones. It's really funny.

Hasta la vista Dorothy
 
Bon voyage, what a wonderful trip to celebrate post knee and 70- Happy future Birthday. :martini::flwrysmile:
 
Lol ladies, ladies... You are all too much! Carol, make sure you don't say "Bumbaclot" when you cal the DJ. :rofsign: D'Diana, thanks for the Warriors. I just found my finger-pointing thing I used to using school, so I'm making good use of that. :egypdance:

@turtle68 ENJOY YOUR CRUISE, Yay! :yay::egypdance::martini: and don't be surprised if I pop out of my suitcase going like this:happydance:

As far on the coolest thing I've ever done, ladies too many to name just one. My son's name means "cool breeze on the mountains" and he's the coolest thing going. So I did do that, but to compete w/D'Diana's buff ski trip and GOD ONLY KNOWS what Carol did, I'll need some time to go down memory lane.:umm:I can think of one thing in particular, but it's still not the wildest thing I've ever done? Plus, I consistently did it. :rotfl: Carol @patient 99 what was your your thing?
 
@patient 99
Hi Carol,
I will be sending you, the Ty-Dee bowl man:rotfl: He's a little man in a boat, he floats around
In your new Loo..he will keep it sparkling clean:egypdance:I think that's all he can do for you, he's
Pretty small:whistle: If we have a funniest thing we ever did, I would lose..I'm a serious Woman:heehee:
Take Care,
COOL BREEZE...AKA...Diana:martini:
 
@BionicWoman2
I thought I was posting on Carol's page:rolleyes: How are you doing ? How are the "WARRIORS" :yahoo:
Any word on the job front ? You don't have to answer, I hope some good news comes your way.
I've been :angel:For you...
Diana:friends:
 
Thanks D'Diana, trying not to think about the job anymore. I do have a somewhat of a plan but it's a whole lot to process and it stresses me beyond out. That's why I started the other thread, like you suggested your majesty. :bow::bow:

I wanna bring the fun back to my recovery thread... So BRING IT ON!:happydance:
 
REPOST PINK from @patient 99 's thread :bow:

Okay, Carol I can't find your cool thing. I've done so many crazy, cool things (some I DARE not mention online :shocked:or EVER again. :no-fin: So for starters, when I went into labor with my youngest son on his due date (who's name means.. Cool breeze over the mountains, and we call him cool breeze. Which is a blessing and a curse when you're a teenager because he moves so slow.:hissy:) anyway my water had broke while I was sleeping, once I realized what happening I got up and drove by myself 30+ miles to the hospital. (Longer story) It was just me and a midwife in the room, I was not going to take any drugs because I wasn't in much pain. However, she decided we should induce labor so I had epidural. This what the most peaceful and coolest labor experience I had. It was beautiful.

Now for the cool wild side. This probably is nowhere near the coolest thing I've done but this is what I can remember right now. When I was young (early 20's) I used to dress in ripped up leather and lace, and wear a WHIP for a belt. I wore earrings I made out of chicken bones (cleaned polished/painted) I would also wear a painted turkey bone on top of my hair, like Pebbles from the Flintstone. I carried a Lunch Box for a purse, and I wrote on the back of it... OUT TO LUNCH and NOT COMING BACK! :rotfl: I also had a long extension braid pass my derrière, and I strategically placed a bell and button on it "just so" on tail of it that said, "kiss my a$&" lol I rode the NYC subway like this, and if I caught someone starring at me, or pointing at me to their friend, I would politely pick the button up and allow them to read it. :rofsign: That may qualify for the craziest thing I've ever done department, but I still think it was way cool. :egypdance:

Let me know if I need to up my game with my clubbing days, where I would head straight to the stage upon arrival and dance.:happydance:Or, my time living in the Caribbean. Yeah Mon! :egypdance::martini::egypdance:

"Droppin the Mic, but staying on the stage for applause." GOOGLE IT Carol! Lol
 
@BionicWoman2
Thanks for the awesome video:happydance:I still got it, "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" all
Around my kitchen :dancy:Andre 3000 is so hot, he's melting the ice of my gutters :rotfl: Your
Cool moments beat me, I abdicate my throne to you:bow::bow::bow:
What"s Cooler than Cool ? Ice Cold....brilliant:yahoo::yay::happydance:
I send Carol the Ty-Dee bowl man, I hope she looks before she flushes:rotfl::loll::rofsign:
I crack myself up !!!!!!!:yes!:
DDiana:martini:
 
but it's still not the wildest thing I've ever done? Plus, I consistently did it. :rotfl: Carol @patient 99 what was your your thing?

Now you gotta tell me what it was. My imagination is in overdrive - even the walls are turning blue <chuckle>.
As to what my thing was. When I started this competition I was playing it straight. I said getting my Masters degree at age 45 was something I thought was cool. But cool/crazy is something else. So I'll have another go.

One thing that comes to mind. I joined the army. I thought it would be a good way to see the world. I only got as far as Guildford (a town west of London). I kept getting into trouble for doing things like wearing false eye lashes when in uniform. It was a disaster. Every time I was given an order, I asked WHY. :no-fin: Nobody told Private Carol that wasn't how things were done. The good bit was that it happened at the same time as the American soldiers were coming back from Vietnam. They were young, and looked fabulous in their uniforms . They were on RR (rest and recuperation) before flying home. Us army girls were invited to their parties - we had a ball - Private James Monroe from Philadelphia was the coolest rock n' roller I've ever known.

Army girls weren't allowed to wear trousers, even when off duty. I had a lovely pair of red leather jeans that I just had to wear to one of the jazz nights. On my return to the camp, I took them off and put them in my handbag just before getting to the army gate. One of the gate sergeants stopped me and some other girls. She was checking that we weren't bringing alcohol onto the camp. Of course when I opened my coat she saw all I had on the bottom was my knickers - I tried to tell her it wasn't what it seemed. She didn't buy it, and I was put on yet another charge. :cry: . Some months later me and the army agreed to part company.

I wonder what Mr Monroe is doing tonight.
 
That is very cool, @patient 99
My other cool thing I did was to climb over the locked college gates at 6am....remember the 60's, I was in an all female college in a rough area where we were locked in at curfew for our own safety, and hitch-hiked from Liverpool to London to go to the 1968 anti-Vietnam Grosvenor Square rally.
We're all rebels here.
I don't "do" crowds any more though, or hitch-hiking!
What were you doing up at 12.33am, you've changed your sleeping habits?
Dabs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom