PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear M.T.M,
I can't believe what I am reading :headbang: I am so sorry for you :cry: In my H.R ( in a school ) there is an Americans
With disability Law... Yes, a law about treating folks decently. I believe your work has to honor your doctors orders.
I go to work tomorrow & will read it for you. This is a law for all Americans, not just school employees.
Hang tight :friends: in the mean time....post a separate thread...see if any others Know the laws.
Possibly RestAssured, maybe she can help :sos:
Keep posting....we care :console2: about you !!
At my job a Doctors note is gold & has to be allowed,
Diana :flwrysmile:
Also, How can they dock you for hours already worked ?
 
Check with someone to determine if ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) comes into play. Accommodations by the employer may be required. Not sure but at least something to consider. Hopefully something positive will result.

Best to you!
 
Oh Bionic woman2 I am so sorry. This is a disgraceful way to treat you and I'm sure it can't be right. They can't expect you to live on thin air. Besides which there our employment laws that they must abide to.
Before I returned to work I had to see an occupational nurse who then advises and sends a report about what I can and can't do. After saying that I have ended up doing everything and haven't liked to point out I'm not supposed to do that.
I am thinking about you and hope and pray that everything will turn out well for you.
x
 
:angel: Thank you Sue. You're right, it is discrimnation. It's like a class war. The people who get paid the least do the most work and have less benefits. Here in the US we have what they call "At Will" states and I live in the south. So you can just about guess I'm in one of them. It means the employer can fire you, or you can quit "at will" without notice. It's usually the employer who does this and even when you try and give 2 weeks notice they can tell you to leave right then and there. It's awful.

I spoke with my former in-home P/T and she was mortified at the weights and the job situation. She recommended I just stay out till my leave runs out. She knows I'm past-broke,and I agree with her. I can't afford to be out of work, or even go back on Short Term Disability again, but I REALLY CAN'T AFFORD TO MESS UP MY KNEES. So problem solved. :tada: I feel awful about leaving my kids and coworker and missing our Christmas party but I have to take care of myself. My heart and soul want to be there, but my body does not. I can barely walk today. I had to take my son out early this morning to take a HS assessment/college entry exam, it's his last one. He's done... :egypdance:

Ok I just lost the bottom part of my message trying to save it and I'm in no mood to retype, so I'll end on this... Thank you guys for being here for me. I do not know WHAT I would do without this site. :friends: :console2:
 
I am so sorry to read about the way you are being treated. Go to ADA.gov. You are definitely being discriminated against. You can file a complaint right on the website and I would file immediately no matter what the resolution. They should not be treating anyone this way. If you have a disability - even temporary - accommodations must be made to enable you to work. I would scare the **** out of them - they absolutely deserve it. I am sure other more knowledgeable members will be along shortly. Go to the ADA website now and start reading. The more info you have the better. Fight fight fight. These people are crazy wrong. Usually calls or letters from the ADA is enough to make them very nervous. Let us know how you make out. We care.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks amab and speedy2. I'll look into ADA, but I think it has something to do with GA being an "At Will" state. I know now that I went back to soon, but HR really put the pressure on me to help bring that about. I wonder if they will demand updates and threaten my benefits now that they've denied me the right to work. :umm: They basically said, SCREW YOU! We only need you for your 35 minutes of cafeteria monitoring. If you can't do that STAY HOME! :sorry: Never mind all the work I do with my students throughout the rest of the day. :gaah:

Oh well, gonna try and out this behind me and concentrate on healing.

Have a great day everybody. :nativity:
 
D'Diana, they clocked me out and took away the 3 hours I would have earned had I completed the day. The y clocked me out INSTANTLY before I even left the building, like I committed a crime.
 
Not right, Meaning they have the right to let you work or not. Bionic woman2, that is why they loose great teachers like you. :no-fin: overdoing it.:xmasdance: Singing your song. Ice Baby Ice
 
This is so completely unfair and *unnecessary.* It's not like you were refusing to work, you just need a few weeks off of cafeteria duty. I'm sure they could find you some other tasks to do. It's not like you were asking to be paid to do nothing. Sheesh. :gaah:
I think you're also right about being in an "at will" so called "right to work" state. You have no one to stick up for you.
You might check with your local or state EEOC. It's possible the school can do this but it sure is s****y.
 
I am so sorry you are going through this. I will pray for you. I know where I work there is no light duty, restrictions or phasing in. I also work in an at will state. I will give you a link to some info on at will employment for our state but I'm sure it applies nationally. broken link removed: https://fitzgeraldmulelaw.com/Press-Releases/2009-06-30

Where I work I have mentioned ADA at times but if I put anything in writing I am sure that they would put me in another position making half of what I earn now. I have seen it happen to others.

Another problem with filing with the ADA is how long the process will take. The wheels of justice move very slowly, but you might want to ask your HR department if they have accommodations for employees with disabilities. It has worked for me but I am positive if I put it in writing I would be moved to another position.
Good luck. I really am praying for you. You are in a tough place. Keep us posted and keep healing.
 
Thanks guys. I'm trying to read up but I've misplaced ALL of my glasses. Lol Guess I'm tripping right now. :sigh:
It's overwhelming and I don't want to change positions or work in a hostile environment because I file a claim. Is there someway to call and get info before putting it in writing?

Oh well, I'm gonna run out later to get an over the counter pair. I'll start a thread as soon as I can see. :shocked:
 
Find a labor/employment attorney in your area. Google wrongful termination (your city) attorney. Some will answer questions on the phone, some will let you email questions and respond. Good luck.
 
Raqia, I've no knowledge of how things work in America/your state. There have been times in my life when money has been very short. It's a horrible place to be. Is it possible that you could ask to see the Principle face to face in the hope that something could be sorted out. If so do you know anyone who could accompany you who is a calm, effective communicator (you are, but your emotions might get in the way). They may be better able to plead your case than you. Carol
 
Dear M.T.M,
I was just looking up labor laws in your state ( Georgia ) they should be ashamed :headbang: It seems you are 1
Of 14 states that can fire employees with no notice. You need to look up the "Federal Laws" I will look tomorrow
At work for you. In the mean time, I believe we have a few lawyers in our mist NightQuilter. I hope I'm right & she can help you.
Hang in there,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Bionic woman, I cannot believe what has happened to you. I would really try contacting the principal and asking if she/he understood that you were only restricted from covering lunches. Maybe someone explained it incorrectly to her. It is worth a try once especially since they have made accomodations for others with limitations.

Sending positive thoughts your way so that your employer sees the error of their ways. :console2: :console2: Lee
 
Thank you guys. First, I'm going to contact my Human resource manager via email. so I can get her response in writing. I will explain that I was so emotional that I didn't get a full understanding and I need to be clear as to why it was denied. Then I will contact my principal. I'm not sure how, maybe an email as well, short and sweet. I may enlist my friend and coworker to speak with her and or accompany me. OOPS, I forgot... I CAN'T ENTER THE BUILDING. :sorry: plus, the thing about talking to the principal is, if my school had no say so in this decisioni would think they would call me to ease the blow. But NOTHING, just crickets. They did manage to adjust my pay and get a sub that they will use for my lunch duty. :gaah:

I will call ADA as well before registering a complaint. I have a feeling if I go all legal-ease on them it will end badly for me, but I don't want to take it and like it because they are PAST WRONG! So sad. I hate talking about it, it makes my stomach hurt. :cry:
 
No more talking about it, but, aren't these the same people who said you were pregnant ?
There is something wrong with your H.R. Dept. :headbang: you need to now look into the law.
I do hope things start looking up for you, I will :angel: for understanding between you & your work
Place.
Here is a :martini: for you !!!!!
You seem to have a plan, I hope all goes well :beg:
I will let you know what the "federal Laws" are after work tomorrow
Sincerely,
Diana :snow dig:
 
Please and thank you D'Diana. I'm searching on my end too. But right about now..... :tada: We interrupt this post message to bring to you a special report. :cheers2: It's Information time my lady. :martini: :martini: :egypdance: :egypdance: :happydance: :happydance: :martini: :martini: :rofsign:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom