Guest viewing is limited

PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in there, good move to keep medicated. I do not know Tramadol
but can you take some Tylenol with it. A cane might be a good idea just for extra support and definitely for getting on and off school bus. Remember the Christmas break is coming so you can try to get some extra rest and not overdo and definitely no weights till you are further along.

Return to work is hard and we do not have the stamina to deal with the extra effort and pain. Sending hugs :console2: :console2: :console2: Lee
 
Dear M.T.M,
Thinking of you today :console2: I hope today is a better day for you :)
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
I'm so sorry you're in pain, hugs. Are you taking paracetamols as well...2x4 in 24hours. Perhaps Josephine can advise. Praps it's too soon with 2 new knees....roll on the festive break.
Here we step down to co-codamol from tramadol but 2x4 a day....that's codein phosphate and paracetamol, it comes in 2 strengths ,"pretty useless" and "constipationary.":)
Sue.:console2:
 
Hey friend. It will get better but not for a while. I've been back 3 months now. At first I was terrified about the kids running into me. In fact I still am. I'm still regretting it and it's been 6 months. I keep saying 6 more I can do it. But as far as the mental part. I know you like me, that's a given. It feels good to be around people again right? So make it through the day and when you barely make it home, go to bed for about 2 hours and boom your good to go again. Have a great Friday.
 
I survived the first week! :cheers: :beer: :martini: :cheers2: Today was not as bad, and I can feel the bricks in my knees starting to crumble into rocks... HEY, it's a start. :rotfl:

My kids are a blessing and they definitely need me. I'm so glad they warmed up to me already and I them. I've learned all of their names and started a compliment word with them where the can earn a treat for good behavior.They have no idea what it is and how good my treats are. The next two weeks are going to be action-packed for the kids and teachers. We have a new principal (thank God) and she's doing a lot of fun things for the holidays. We're also doing a secret Santa thing with my grade level, so the next 2 weeks will be a blur. Lol

I plan on resting ALL weekend, and everyday when I get home from work. :thud: Not sure how I will do any Christmas shopping. I ordered some non-Christmas items on Sunday and they haven't even shipped yet, so I don't know about that option. :scratch: The good news is, I don't really have any money to Christmas shop :umm: so... I'm good. :rofsign: I will truly just enjoy being off from work with my family and friends. REST will be my Christmas present. Can you say, Joy To The World! Peace Be STILL! :ok:

Thanks for all your concern, advice and prayers... Keep'em coming! :friends:

Smile... It's the WEEKEND! :egypdance: :egypdance: :happydance: :happydance: :martini: :martini: :thud: :zzz: :sleep:
 
Congratulations :yay: :spin: You did it!!!! So glad to hear it. :flwrysmile:
 
Glad you survived:yay: . My week was a bit up of a disaster to start with but fine after that. Wasn't prepared for just how tired just doing partime (this week) would be. Also not expecting back ache to go with knee:boohoo:
Have a great rest this weekend and look forward to preparing for Christmas with the children - always magical.
Big hugs
Speedy2
:flwrysmile:
 
Congratulations on your 1st week back :happydance: :yay: :yay: You did it :spin: :spin:
Did you check out how much Tylenol you can take ? I believe Josephine says it's stronger than Advil & Aleve.
I think it's in the library section.
You have the true meaning of the season...(it really is all in your heart & spirit) & you know this.
Enjoy the next few weeks with your children, they will make the time fly by.
Know get those knees up, get your ice machine humming, pain meds. On time :ok:
You know the drill.....
Have a restful Week end,
Love,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
:whistle: IT'S GOT TO BE THE MORNING AFTERRRRRRRR! :yay:

I am happy to say that I APPEAR to be back to NORMAL recovery pain.... We'll see. :umm:

D'Diana I was taking Tylenol with it in the past, but I switch to Advil for the swelling. I will probably need to do the Tylenol/Advil cocktail when this prescription runs out, but for now it seems to be helping. I may go see my GP for a prescription, but it will cost me $55 to see her and GET the prescription. So, I don't know about that. :shrug:

Yeah Speedy, the added back pain is always a bonus. :skep: I think it's our body getting adjusted to walking differently. I also have back issues if I sleep wrong, or make any sudden moves. I've been doing some back exercises my p/t gave me and they help a bit. He did everything right EXCEPT FOR THE WEIGHTS. THAT was a BIG WRONG! Glad I pulled out when I did. I was so sad last week to feel so much pain this far out into recovery. It was a MAJOR SETBACK, at the WRONG TIME. I felt like I was 4 weeks out and working. Lol OUCH! I felt like I just as I was about to return from medical leave, I GOT SICK and had to go in anyway. :cry:

The kids made it all worth it, I love them so much already, can't wait to start with the holiday stuff! :happydance: :happydance: They are in for such a treat and the joy I bring hem will come back to me 10 times over. I LOVE making people happy. :egypdance: :yay: We also have a lot of work to do on the academic side. Seems the person replacing me may have helped them a little too much and they've become dependent. Like little marionettes, waiting for me to pull their strings and tell them each letter to write. Un-Uh! Buddy, you got a brain and we're about to use it. Guess I better pour on the charm to get those wheels turning. :tada: Can't wait.... I love those Ah-Ha moments when they finally make a connection and you can literally see "the lights come on." They feel so good about their abilities and our acknowledgement that they're ready to do more. That's when you start to get slapped in the face with 10 papers at a time. Lol :shocked: LOOK LOOK, I call that "motion pictures." Lol

Okay, gotta run. :bicycle2: I have a couple of small errands to take care of before it that's to get nasty out. It's supposed to rain all weekend. Great weather to rest, elevate my legs and ICE ICE BABY! :egypdance: :egypdance:
 
That's the way to do it.....slow & easy on the weekends & after work :)
You are a true teacher...I can feel the love you have for your students & they
Are lucky to have you :SUNsmile:
I didn't hear any information over the weekend ? :martini: Why don't you add that to
The "mantra" can't hurt ? :heehee: How are your young men doing ? I hope everyone is
Happy & Healthy :yes:
Carol is talking about movie rights to a movie about her shrinking foot. Sometimes I don't know how to reply

To someone :shrug: this is one of those times :what: :rotfl: :rofsign: :rotfl:
Love Ya :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Congratulations on making it through your first week. Oh how I remember it like it was yesterday! Take it slow and easy and you will be fine! Rest when you get home after school and loaf around on the weekends. It will get easier. Take care!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
:martini: :martini: Information Is DEFINITELY in order. D'Diana, I started that MID-WEEK! :tada:
 
Hi Raqia, I think it is nothing short of cruelty expecting you to work so early after your op. And you still find time to message - RESPECT.


Sometimes I don't know how to reply

To someone

Diana, permit me to make a few suggestions:-

`Carol, I am sure your movie will be the best ever, particularly with Toothfairy





That would go down a treat. Anything along those lines. Do you want to practice? We're a family here, nobody will laugh if you don't get it right first time - it could take 12 months, but you will get there <chuckle>.

Thinking of you BW2 - hope next week is a little easier. Carol
 
Oh bum. My tags always go wrong. It should read `with toothfairy in the lead role'.
 
You have my respect and admiration for being back to work, with kindergartners no less. Hope you're getting lots of rest this weekend, and have those boys wait on you hand and foot. We need you in good shape for the "flash dance" and I think there's a chorus line too.

Dorothy
 
Note, I agree with Carol, in the U.S. we're expected to work whether injured or not, and that you should have six months paid leave. We have no respect for the most important people in our society, EDUCATORS.

DOROTHY
 
Thank you ladies and YES! I am resting. My youngest son meets me at the door daily, takes my bags and has my ice machine ready... All without me asking! :tada: It was rough, but I'm feeling better. Thanks for the "respect" Carol posting has been hard. So I apologize for not getting around to everyone's page. I usually collapse when I get home. :yawn: :thud: :zzz:

Friday was probably the best day of all of them. Maybe it was psychological with the weekend and all, but by Saturday I felt like a new woman. I even ran a couple of quick errands, then we had a Netflix movie marathon on the couch (ice machine was present as well.) :wink: Let's see... We watched, The Italian Job, The Rundown with THE ROCK (very therapeutic lol) Empire State, a few Arrow episodes and Stolen with crazy Nicolas Cage and some psycho dude.

Speaking of crazy... new knee in June D'Diana, Carol patient 99 is Past Crazy Funny. :spin: So get to working on your accolades for her movie. Lol turtle68, I like the idea of adding a chorus line to the flash mob. :rofsign: Maybe we should let our UK friends Carol and Sue Dabber lead that off. Lol Considering that they get more time off of work than we do, they ought to have the best High-Kick.... Right Carol. :rotfl:

Well, I better get off of here and prepare for the week. Today I'm gonna make a big pot of Chili to go with this cold rainy weather, and then I'm plan on watching my Giants win! :egypdance: :egypdance: :beg: Gotta stay positive. :yes:

Have a great day everyone and take it Kneeeasy! :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom