PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You so can do this...... :yay: :yay: :happydance: :happydance:
Diana :flwrysmile:
I have a part in Carol's @patient99 movie, I will be playing her Podiatrist :rotfl: :rofsign:
Off to google her symptoms :shrug: :shrug: :what: :what: for a diagnosis.
 
I have a part in Carol's @patient99 movie, I will be playing her Podiatrist :rotfl: :rofsign:
Off to google her symptoms :shrug: :shrug: :what: :what: for a diagnosis.

Diana, delighted. You were made for the part darling (air kisses on both cheeks). Once you have googled my symptoms and arrived at a diagnosis, will you break it to me gently. You may want to discuss
with Bionic w
 
Sorry Diana, my damned laptop will not let me tag people. I think its Josephine's way of controlling me. Me paranoid, never. C
 
turtle68 Hi Dorothy, don't you just love it when technology works. I've just come back from my shoe fitting, but I wont clog up BW2s thread. I'll message from base. Carol
 
So waiting for a Warrior to pop out of the present. Lol thanks everyone, I'm hanging....had a rrrrrrrrougj Tuesday, better Weds and OK Thurs. OME MORE DAY till the weekend. :bow: I can make it. Tomorrow is our monthly Birthday breakfast and I am one of the bday girls. They held off on movement since I was the only one in that month. How sweet. :flwrysmile:

I gotta be there at 7am, so I better get some rest EXTRA rest. :zzz:

I called my Dr"s office yesterday to get a restriction on my job duties. Lunch duty is giving me "setback" pain everyday. The standing and moving quickly and constantly around the cafeteria is too much for me, and it's only for 35minutes. More like 45 if you count getting there and getting back. My lunchtime is right after and all I want to do is, sit down in the middle of the nasty cafeteria floor and eat my lunch while I ice and elevate. :umm: :shocked: it's that bad. I leave there feeling like Brokeback Granny from the early stages of my recovery. I bring my cane and everything... Nothing really helps but being DONE and even then it's "The Green Mile" to the nearest place for me to ice and eat my lunch. I missed my Dr's call yesterday but he was on board with writing the restriction , he just needed to speak to me. I left a message, so hopefully I can get that squared away by next week.n :beg:

It's awful, I can't imagine EVER recovering if I have to do this in the midst of recovering. :groan:

Okay, enough typing. I'm exhausted just holding this IPad. :yawn:

I hope everyone I'd having a much better week. :friends: Smile.... It's Friday eve. :martini:
 
Dear M.T.M,
So sorry to hear about your lunch duties :sorry: You did the right thing to call your O.S.( I wouldn't of even
Thought about that !! ) You do want to take care & not set yourself back.
I will send my meanest " WARRIOR" to tell everyone to back-off...To let you sit & ice as long as you want.
Tell the principal & the other teachers to bring you one of these... :martini: Maybe 3 or 4.
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you :beg:
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana...BionicWoman2
 
This is for you, as you walk in the door :martini: I hope today was a good day for you :beg:
You are almost at Christmas break, slow & steady. Have a restful weekend :sleep:
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :reindeer:
 
Hope you enjoyed the breakfast, what did you have?
Good plan for restricting your working lunch, hoping you enjoy the weekend.
Christmas will soon be here. :santa sleigh:
 
WORSE DAY EVER! :thud: Although I'm afraid to say that because it seems whenever I say that, another day comes along to top it. :umm: So let's go with... It's in the Top 5! :gaah:

My OS faxed over my restrictions, " avoid prolonged walking or standing."
My Admin faxed it to human resources, I was immediately told to leave the building and not return to work until my restrictions were approved. Mind you at this point I had been on my feet for over an hour and was attempting to ice and eat my lunch. You would think my restrictions said, "can not be around children or any other human being... She has the Bubonic Plague." I was clocked out before I even left the building... Safety first. I called HR from my car and she said that would be on leave without pay until they approved it, if they approved it, they would need to speak with my principal.

1 hour or so later she called back they did not approve it. I cried on the phone in shock. I kept saying, I don't understand. My new principal has never even met me, I guess fun principal lady left the building with Elvis. I'm fact, I'm not sure she was even in the building today. I thought they would speak to my AP, or she would ask them since they know me. :shrug: I don't know WHO denied it, but it didn't take them any time or thought at all to do it. :hissy: I am now on leave without pay for 10 days then and they will reinstate my short term disability, or I can try and get my doctor to release the restrictions, return to work and do my lunch duty in pain. My heart hurts and I don't know WHAT to do. I am forced to make a tough decision, do I side with my health, the roof over my head and the children I serve. :cry:

I asked them to cover me for 35 minutes and they took away my entire paycheck. :hairpulling: I came back to work "playing hurt" smiling and giving 100+% IN PAIN! I am rewarded with a decision based on covering the companies behind. I was told the reason they don't usually approve cafeteria restrictions is due to slips, falls, etc. I was asking NOT to be in the cafeteria till I'm able so I don't see HOW this applies to me.

After the 2 weeks I've had, this is a slap in the face or WORSE. D'Diana, I can use that fierce Warrior right about now. Merry Christmas huh! :snow dig:

This can't be legal. :scratch: They asked me if I had my Dr had released me to work....REALLY? :skep: Like didn't he give you any restrictions. My OS doesn't know all my job entails and they have no clue what knee replacement recovery is like. I guess they think it's like a broken leg or something and once you're cast is off you're good. I told them that he told me to try and see if I was able to get through (lunch duty) without them. I tried and was getting them because I realized I can't because it sets me back. Then they let me request work restrictions and then deny them without a second thought. They already have my sub coverage in for a week and docked me 3 hours for the day. :sad: :sorry: Everyone that saw me in the cafeteria couldn't believe they had me doing it, especially the people who've had knee surgery. Instead of them covering me with the sub that was replacing me while I was out for 35 minutes, they are replacing me with a sub for the whole day. :tada: :shrug: :scratch: :headbang:


The human resource rep told me that they rarely ever approve work restrictions for the cafeteria, seems like somebody should've known that before they let me put in my paperwork and leave me without any income on Christmas. These are the people who KNOW ME AND MY WORK ETHIC. I was never approached by Administration to see of there was a way this could work this out without filing restrictions. Yet several of my coworkers Volunteered to help me, even do lunch duty for me if necessary. We once had a teacher who WORKED from a Hoveround! We have a teacher who teaches from her chair and doesn't do outdoor recess. When it comes to me, there is NO SLACK. I guess us low paid hourly "classified workers" are not allowed the same courtesies when we're ill. I'm simply not allowed to work at all, as of I can afford to stay home. To me, leave without pay does not mean "dip into savings, cut back here or there, use a credit card, rely on hubby or my parents." It means LEAVE WITHOUT PAY! As in NO MONEY TO PAY MY BILLS, we won't even discuss Christmas gifts. :boohoo:

Not to mention I want to see my new children and have the party with them next week and bring them the things I promised them. The we're working on a compliment word. :o( Plus, we've already started working on gifts for their parents, we were almost finished.

This hurts. I gave that school my all.... I'm so numb I can't feel my knees. :cry: :boohoo:


oh and my internet is down, so I'm painstakingly posting from my phone.
Please excuse any typos, this is speak to text.
Goodnight... Thank you for letting me vent. :friends:
 
That is just awful and amounts to discrimination. They can't have it both ways....either you work as you're able or they pay you sickness pay. I'm no expert though, but that's how it seems to me. I really have no idea how benefits work in the US, or if there are any. You plainly can't be on your feet the whole day with 2 new knees.

Here in the UK it's a desperate year for many people, we have food banks being set up, it's dreadful.

Huge hugs....not enough I know!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom