Guest viewing is limited

PKR Oops, I did it again...Round 2 complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys :scary:
Does Alleve work as well as Advil? That's what I have to right now. If I can WALK, I'll get some Advil after work if you guys think it's better.
 
Welllllllll, my alarm clock will be going off in 2 hours, but I may not need it... SINCE I'M UP!!!! :gaah: First day back to work since MAY! Wish I could say I'm pain free and ready to run circles around the kiddos but unfortunately, with the p/t weights (that I am no longer doing) plus the setback this week and I'm up icing and elevating my knees. NOT how intended to return to work, :hissy: :boohoo: :cry: :sorry: :cry: but nonetheless like Michael Jackson said... "I'll be there-ere." :friends:

I CAN say that I'm excited to be with my work-wife again, meet my kids :happydance: and see my former students. Going to tell my co-workers that if they see me in the hall, please don't stop me to ask about my recovery today. :no-fin: For starters, it hurts to stand still. So, "I'm recovering" is all I got for them right now. Haven't decided if I'll do it in an email or by word of mouth. Guess I'll wait and see how many times people approach me to do a cross examination. :skep: :heehee: I did a Facebook post, so maybe that will ease the inquiries. Really sad that THIS is how I go back :cry: and I don't want to discuss my journey in the hall with people I haven't seen or heard from in 6 months. :umm:

Gonna try and catch a wink of sleep now. :mcoffee:

I'll let you guys know how it goes. :scare: Thanks again for the advice and well wishes... Keep it coming. :egypdance: I need all the help I can get. :yes:
 
speedy2, I was wondering... :umm: Think we can call in sick? :rotfl: new knee in June D'Diana, please have one of your warriors stationed at the schoolhouse to carry me out if necessary. :rofsign:
 
What a good idea:rotfl: Like you i haven't slept so maybe that would count. Let's hope we don't nod off:zzz:.
Have a good day - will be thinking of you.
Big hugs
Speedy2
 
Lol Doubt it on the nodding off on my end. not with 25 of these... :happydance:

Have a good day Speedy! :friends:
 
So glad your son is doing well. Those are things that make us say hey I'm in pain, I want fake knees, no big deal because my son is healthy as an ox....
 
I've just managed to stop by, oh my word, what a narrow escape your son had, you must both be really shaken and yes have a lot to be thankful for my friend.
I hope today was fun and not pain....let us know how you got on with the babes.
No, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, we do seem to have acquired Black Friday though for some reason, Christmas is our big thing and New Year too.
Back to trying to control my chemo nausea...
So very pleased your son is OK, awful accident, awful.
Sue.:friends:
 
:groan: :thud: I survived, :thud: :happydance:
Love my kids already, we got along just fine.
I crawled home. Icing now and I'm about to pass out. :thud:

Goodnight all :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
 
Way to go, MAMA !!!! :yay: :dancy: You will be tired after work for awhile....but, it will get better.
Treat yourself well after work...ice, elevate, order out for food. So, you can get up & do it all over again :heehee:
I'm sure your children were so happy to have you back :spin:
Did you ice during the day ?
All my best,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Thanks guys, I woke up from a nap around 9 pm. Guess I slept for about 2 1/2 hours. Hopefully I can get back to sleep. None of this :mcoffee: in the morning.

Oh and YES, I Do ice throughout the day. I didn't have to do my lunch duty today, so Yay! :yay: The kids in my section are "off da chain" and they are in for a rude awakening when I get up in there. I'm thinking about going into their class and talking to them before I take over that shift, because I am UNABLE to be disrespected while I stand up in there in pain. :hissy: Don't get it twisted children, you will have assigned seats, silent lunch, OR BOTH if you mess with the Bionic Woman. lol

Okay, on a bright note... my kindergarten class embraced me already. At the end of the day a few "friends" were about to head out to our after school program and one of them said, "See you tomorrow... you will be here tomorrow?" I said yes, then another one said, "and the next day, and the next day... the whole time?" When I said yes, they all broke out in a cheer. "YAAAAAAY!" :yay::happydance: :egypdance: Aaaawh, glad I came. :blush: I haven't even broken out my inner child persona, music and movement, birthday crowns or cupcakes yet. :tada:

I better wind down, morning comes early. :yawn:

Goodnight guys. :sleep:
 
:goodpost: I'm so pleased that you had a happy first day back.
Good luck for day two and take it as gently as you can,
Hugs Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Dear M.T.M,
I had to let you know, I was in the Super Market this morning & .......
There were "WALNUTS" everywhere :yahoo: :yahoo: as far as the eye can see.
Whole, Crushed, halfs.Up to the ceiling :happydance: :happydance:
I swear I was in "WALNUT" heaven ( pinch me, am I alive) :angel:
I hope going back to work get's easier everyday...
WALNUTS :dancy: WALNUTS :spin: WALNUTS :happydance: WALNUTS :yay: .....
Oh, & of course I am thinking of you too :loll:
Love Ya,
Diana :martini:
 
:boohoo::cry::groan: :boohoo: :cry: :groan:
Worse pain day so far. I couldn't get out the bed and ended up rushing out without properly stretching. It all went downhill form there. I basically slept with my legs elevated and iced throughout the night.
WHY IS IT SO HARD!!!! :tantrum:

I wish I had started back to work "on the good foot" like James Brown, but instead I started out in pain! :cry:I had decent day yesterday. Today... Not so much. By the end of the day today I had NO KNEES left, and I really did the March of the Wooden Soldiers. So one rough day, followed by a good day, followed by a really rough day. Maybe I'm making a pattern. :tada:

I cried on my way up the stairs to my house when I got home today. This is NOT how I envisioned it. :no-fin: No WHANBULANCE, this was the real thing. :boohoo: I know now it's too soon, but it's also too late. :sorry: Not to mention I didn't feel like this when I decided to return to work. I was much better. I will not lift another weight until my knees are HEALED! :gaah: I'm so sad right now. The only bright-side is, I love my new babies and It's good to be back at work with other adults and teaching again. :yes:

I did realize I wasn't properly medicated. I just had my son pick up my LAST REFILL of Tramadol from my stingy OS and some Advil. I took 2 Tramadol and an Advil when I got home.. I had only been taking 1 Tram and an Alleve every 12 hours. DUH! :doh:I was trying to ration them out, since I didn't know WHEN I'd get another refill. Tomorrow we have a field-trip. It's only to watch a play, so I'll be seated. I'm more worried about getting on and off the school bus. There's a big step. :yikes:

Oh well, I better get to bed so I won't have another "I'm TIRED and I CAN'T GET UP" mornings. :mcoffee:
 
Oh, Mama,
So Sorry about your day :console2: I knew if you weren't talking about "wALNUTS" it was a bad day :boohoo:
My first day back I cried also. I hope tomorrow is a better day :SUNsmile: could you possibly bring a cane to work ?
It will take some pressure of your knees. I hope you feel better :angel:
Love,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Prayers coming your way.:angel: Keep updating as I am due back soon and am watching for any advice or helpful tips on how to deal with returning.

At least you have the positive aspect of the kids you adore. :) That will keep you trudging along.

Good luck.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom